Night of the Comet *Resolved*

chuzordie5chuzordie5 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
first gravity gate will not activate currently

T'Varo refit with hologram on.. have tried goin thru gate at 50 throttle
at 100 throttle
at full impulse
left and re-entered
still will not activate the first gravity gate to begin time warp around bepi 113
:(
Post edited by chuzordie5 on

Comments

• amedeesamedees Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been trying today as well. That first gate just won't trigger... Hopefully back up after the maintenance
  • newbabelnewbabel Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just adding a +1 here. Can't get past that first Grav beacon.
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ... never mind ....
  • sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    +1

Galaxy Class Cruiser
    Tried Full Impulse, Regular Speed, Even drifting through...no joy

Oh and the "speed" bonus doesn't activate either
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
    edited December 2013
    I opened a ticket for the issue. They responded by asking me to try and leave the zone and return. Tried that and more. Even after the maintenance it still doesn't work. That first catapult doesn't trigger
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    We're investigating. Thanks for the reports!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited December 2013
    Thank you!
  • sfdrew83sfdrew83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm glad they are looking into it, but what are supposed to do until then? We can't get the next mission until we finish this one right? I guess there are other things to do, just not quests.
  • hazevanguardhazevanguard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have tried other ways around it, still not working. You can skip the mission and always come back to it if your a high enough level for the next mission.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well done, Cryptic, give yourselves a huge pat on the back, preferably with something spikey; you've applied your brilliant minds to adding holiday content and, as usual, broken something else that shouldn't even be connected to the thing you released. Good to see that your record for somehow circumnavigating all logic remains unbroken, congratulations. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • azazellonphiazazellonphi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    amedees wrote: »
    Thank you!

Just to let you know, I'm stuck on this mission too. Tried several approaches, left and returned. Logged out and returned. Still can't trigger it.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good to see its noticed.

At first I thought it was me tried al kinds of things but nothing worked. then filled a bug report in game.

I noticed this bug after Winterland went live.

Seems after last deployment many bugs returned or new bugs were introduced, like FAW bug etc, etc.

(Regression testing not done?)
  • sovergeinsovergein Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Today i go to this mission.
    I have Obelisk Carrier - Klingon tactical 41 level.
    I flying to first gate and no boost my speed.
    Please fix this mission. Thx.
  • dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm trying to do a replay of night of the comet to get a higher-mark phaser, but when I try to do the slingshot the grav catapults aren't working. I fly through catapult 1 but it never activates and my objective never updates to catapult 2. I've tried leaving the system and re-entering, dropping the mission and restarting, going to another sector block and coming back, doing another mission elsewhere... nothing works. Is it just not possible to replay this mission? Or do I have to replay the whole Spectre mission series in order?
  • alisiannaalisianna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same issue, thank you brandon , glad it's being looked into :)
  • cannonfodder1701cannonfodder1701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same problem, and so is a friend of mine. No solution yet.

This must be a recent bug; I haven't seen any older posts complaining of this problem.
  • supapoopatroopsupapoopatroop Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How will we know when the issue has been resolved?
  • mdesro71mdesro71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    trying to do this for the first time and thought I was doing something wrong. My ship will not accelerate after I pass through. Really frustrating.
  • mdesro71mdesro71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    radakill wrote: »
    Confirmed, have tried this repeatedly for the last 12 hrs and have not been able to trigger the 1st gate. Thought I was doing something wrong so I sat through 3 Youtube walkthrough's just to check.

NOPE.

Doing it all right, the game is broke.

Same here.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why are gamebreaking bugs like this not solved within 24 hours after reporting? The correct code is available, because it worked before.
  • brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2013
    Can't seem to get the first graviton catapult to do its thing.
    Anyone else having this issue?
  • spiecasspiecas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same problem. It's good to know I'm not crazy.

It's really frustrating when something easy like this doesn't get fixed. It should just be a simple code fix. Even though the last update-related bug I ran into was ten times worse (where the game looked like an LSD trip, not exaggerating), it was a graphics related bug dependent on a person's machine, so it made sense that it took a while to fix. This should just be a simple code fix.

Then again, I'm not an expert on programming.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, overheard my fleetmates complaining about this, too.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, I am having the same issues - I was playing as a Klingon character; when I did it in my Federation character it worked the first time...

I submitted a ticket yesterday about it, I dont imagine anything has happened in the last day or so...
  • brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2013
    Yes, I am having the same issues - I was playing as a Klingon character; when I did it in my Federation character it worked the first time...

I submitted a ticket yesterday about it, I dont imagine anything has happened in the last day or so...

This was the first time I've tried to run this mission in a couple of weeks.
    I'll try again tomorrow, if it bugs out again, I'll submit a ticket.
  • iksioniksion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I too am having this issue, I've submitted a ticket as well, but I don't know how to continue, I'd skip the quest if I could...
  • weini0101weini0101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here. Constitution Class, Full Impulse and all energy to speed and it wont work. Tried it the last 12h. Leaved the System /sector , did other missions between, ... Nothing helped
  • kongstad1kongstad1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am having the same issues.
    Tried leaving the system, dropping the mission. Taking it again, reentering.
    Logged off, forced verify patch, log in - reboot - call Mars voyager... everything.

Seems to me this quest is completely broken :I
This discussion has been closed.