test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Direction arrows missing from minimap after 5th Dec patch *Resolved*

toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Typically, when you have a mission active that has a place marker present on the minimap (say one of the missions in Allied Spire map) and that location isn't visible on the minimap (being farther away), direction arrows showing you which way the locations are were showing in the minimap.

As of right now, after the first december the 5th patch, these arrows aren't showing in the minimap.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree this needs to be fixed as this map is way too busy as it is.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree this needs to be fixed as this map is way too busy as it is.

Certainly, in the sphere and without those arrows on the minimap, I'm forced to open the large map and scrutinize it for the mission markers. And given the amount of other symbols and art on it, it's not always simple.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I noted this earlier as well. The problem I had in the big map is that the outlined and slightly flashing circle for the objective can and usually is underneath a marking on the map or appears to be under it because of the color of the marking. I had a hard time locating some things simply because I had a hard time seeing the destination marker on the big map. I would use the arrows to see which way it was and that would give me an idea of where to look on the big map for any of those hard to find dots.

Also, some of the destination markers are very small. If there is an NPC inside it, it is sometimes not much bigger than the NPCs white dot and is also white. These are the hardest to find. I attempted to use the V key to scan for their direction but that pointed me to the nearest point of interest (available quest) and not toward my objective. As the OP said above, the Dyson Sphere is the worst area for it because it is so busy with activity.

Not that they have killed me, but the Voth also like to wait for you to become lost and digging in maps to spawn on you. :eek: They should offer directions, eh? How rude!
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • larphoidlarphoid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep, noticed the same thing. Was happy to see exchange sorting has been fixed, just to be unpleasantly surprised not to see any directional arrrows...

Got an idea for season 9 tho... "Sabotage at Cryptic Studios" with missions like "Investigate signs of possible sabotage" :D.
  • nx420nx420 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I spent a half hour looking for a toggle that might have been inadvertantly checked to "off" ... there wasn't one.

One step forward and another step back with each patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nx420 wrote: »
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I spent a half hour looking for a toggle that might have been inadvertantly checked to "off" ... there wasn't one.

One step forward and another step back with each patch.

Does this surprise you I have never played a Game that has sooooo many Bugs.

With the Devs half assed attitude to the content they give us every Patch fixes 2 problems and creates another 5 my advice to anyone that wants to complain is don't bother if they cant get it rite after 4 years there is just no hope maybe they should charge Zen for Bug fixes you can be damn sure as mustard if it payed Cryptic would fix it!

Until then we will just have to be satisfied with botched content and major bugs that go on for months/ Years on end. Tau'Dewa Red Alert Daily anyone? :)
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
  • precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bump to page 1
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    prechar wrote: »
    Bump to page 1

So very kind, but given the change in title of this thread, I guess there's not much more this thread is needed for (well, unless these arrows are only missing for some people, but I have no indication of that).

This discussion has been closed.