jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
Cannons rule the game period

beam weapons get 1/2 the crit chance of cannons using rapid fire
beams have no turrets
beams do less damage

beam special attacks

We need a Beam Rapid Fire just like cannon rapid fire

BFAW currently broken does not get crits anymore

battery Doffs marion Doff with a tac officer can gt 20k to 40k dps rendering PvE content a joke
you can do the same with cannons

beam overload is a joke skill in PvE delivering pitiful damage compared to CRF and CSV but costs the same skill points

Torpedos

most torpedos are joke weapons in STFs doing very little damge compared to cannons or beams

any parser can prove this just look at the total damage usually 10% or less of total damage

the shield debuff to torpedo's needs to be raised a lot so a torpedo is a equal damage dealer to a DHC

the speed ot torpedos needs to be raised by 50% across the board

torpedos have no turrets

most people who do not have parsers do not know how little damage torpedos really do

almost no one uses a torpedo tactical console once they learn how little damage they gain and how much they lose to there energy weapons

mine's

most mines are totaly useless because they do so little damage

again go to the parser using mines only the tri colbalts do any useful damage and then ...not really

no enemy ships persue players so mines are not as useful as they could be

currently players damage is so high they would be blown away before they could gt behind one of us

A decent indicator of what weapons are good is usually the mark 12 purple weapons on the exchange although there are exceptions

There are some elite players who have specialized ships Doffs and builds and races who can make torpedos and mines useful but Very few thats why they are Elite players I am not placing them in my suggestions

in the game currently

Go cannons or go home

I see the marion Doff and the battery Doff as game breakers that should be nerfed or removed combined they are too over powered rendering PvE play a joke
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Post edited by jellico1 on

Comments

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Beam do more dmg now then there did before with the new commands.
    And there is a beam turret in the game its a reward from the new featured misson. So im guessing that there will add more to future sets.
    I do think most torps needs a dmg buff e.g i re-put my fleet quantum torps on my regent and there did half the dmg my rep plasma torps do. I dont think there need a speed boost or to be like turrets there dont have 360 degrees in the shows so wh should there in the gam. I dont use mines so i cant comment on them.

Soz about typos doing this from my phone
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tricobalt mines dropped just after someone (Even the dropper) uses grav well are incredibly effective in PvE. The grav well pulls targets in, mines get them all. Chances are with dispersal beta III you will blow up at least one smaller ship, which then plasters all the other caught in the grav well with the warp core breach. This can chain react rather beautifully.

As far as beams, I have two builds that use them. First is an Elachi S'golth with refracting tetryons forward, and other is an Orb Weaver with Voth AP and the Chroniton DBB forward.

Beams can be quite good if you use the right sets for additional firepower, (Nukara Appropriated Munitions and Obelisk in these two cases). They are also good for ships that even with a good RCS, tachyokinetic console etc simply do not turn that well. Scimitar for example or JH dread.
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is a need for aux "cannon" turrets, torpedo turrets and beam turrets is that plausible to happen? :rolleyes:
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Was gonna challenge you to a dps race (pve. Not pvp)until I saw the part about some players making torpedoes work. I tip my hat to ya.

Beams are currently the top dog, even with the bfaw bug.

BO is fine for pvp. Should be left untouched really
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    Was gonna challenge you to a dps race (pve. Not pvp)until I saw the part about some players making torpedoes work. I tip my hat to ya.

Beams are currently the top dog, even with the bfaw bug.

BO is fine for pvp. Should be left untouched really

crits are not working now with bfaw cutting out 1/2 of my dps

BO may be fine for pvp However its a worthless skill in PvE

there are Elite players whom can make a few torps work in specialized ships and builds ive saw a few and have had a few

When the last card is played

i would love to see torpedos mines beams and cannons all seen as valid equal choices to outfit your ship with not single weapon group dominating DPS

All of my suggestions are geared to and for the Avg player
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited November 2013
    I acknowledge the bfaw crit bug. Beams are still more powerful then cannons. And I have no idea why...been trying to track that down over the last week.

What is coming up is that the drop off distance is bugged for cannons. As soon as you go past 5km. Your damage drops as if your at 10km...

Beams seem alright here though

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PvE is a joke whether your run A2B or not, I don't run A2B and I'm not a Tac on my main, that does 9.5k reliably in pug ESTFs (when FAW crits :P) and I get upto 12k in good groups, by no means is pve a challenge, hell, it's been done in starter ships! All the more proof that A2B is not what makes it a joke.

Weapons in general don't need fixing, there are some exceptions, torps could use a wider arc, DCs could use a 90 degree arc so slower turning ships that can mount dual cannons can actually use them sensibly, this is the only change I would make to them though.

Change the NPCs, give them abilities and some intelligence, that would reduce the joke-ness of PVE, Elite difficulty should have NPCs that challenge the player even when they are using the latest and greatest gear, this is best done by giving them boff skills that give resists and others that disable the player while raising their dps while lowering the top end spike giving a more player like experience. That would be enough.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited November 2013
    Easiest way to fix pve is to remove the zerg factor of it.

You die. Your out until everyone else dies or the the target dies.

Simple, but oh so effective