test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Ground Rifle ??

chuzordie5chuzordie5 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
So i made T3 Dyson and got my rifle for the 2pc set..
im confused.. it has by default a beam setting and a wide beam setting

yet.. there are times.. when magically the wide beam turns into a sniper shot.

also .. the wide beam is way funny.. lets get all the wide beams to be so drastically like this one.. its as if the rifle sneezed at them.. achooooo proton damage..

:D:D:D

z9WPzRq.jpg

if the link works you will see the beam damage,
beam burn from the added weapon damage
the wide beam setting
as well as proton BOLT ( which was a sniper shot ) not bad from a wide beam rifle

lets get all our rifles to sneeze like this one
lets get random weapon alternate abilities.

more experimental weapons plz:P
Post edited by chuzordie5 on

Comments

• thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    secondary fire becomes "sniper shot" when your target is exposed, which is often since all hits from the rifle have a chance to expose the target.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Alt-fire mode that changes depending on the target's exposed status? Talk about an interesting, undocumented feature...
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2013
    Its not an undocumented feature, it was mentioned in a dev blog about the rep items.

And the secondary sneeze? its hilarious bad, it looks like TRIBBLE, its damage is delayed by a few seconds.
    Would be much better as split beam.
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its not an undocumented feature, it was mentioned in a dev blog about the rep items.

And the secondary sneeze? its hilarious bad, it looks like TRIBBLE, its damage is delayed by a few seconds.
    Would be much better as split beam.

Yup. Pretty much this right there.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This thing is officially badass. It has very solid basic damage, constantly exposes targets, and gives you both multi-target spam AND a sniper attack. A little trick: If you want the multi target shot on exposed targets, just aim to the side of them.

The only way this thing could possibly get more awesome is if the sniper shot was changed to function more like the overload on a compression bolt pistol, which does most of the damage but with a much faster charge up and cooldown.

As it is I'm strongly considering getting one for all of my boffs (rep gear that doesn't cost insane amounts of dilithium! WUT!).
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Alt-fire mode that changes depending on the target's exposed status? Talk about an interesting, undocumented feature...

As noted by lostusthorn, it's not undocumented. It wasn't just mentioned in the Dev Blogs, but if you right click on the weapon and click "Info" it tells you that it's sniper mode is activated by targeting an exposed enemy.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013

That requires players to actually read something (like the "info" tab on the weapon itself where the feature is also explained), which in this game pretty much counts as "undocumented." :P
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Probably one of the best weapons in the game due to its dual application. No need to carry two weapons, when you can have both in one gun :D

Also, it is the only set piece worth getting out of the Dyson rep, if you are already kitted out with full Mk12 Omega gear :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif