test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Battleground Daily Mission: Call in reinforcements etiquette

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Now this daily takes the longest to complete. You need 120 command comms to call down a captian and be done with it. Now over and over myself and perhaps 1 other person have grinded out a zone and 2 seconds before it turns blue 40 people show up and gobble up all the purple orbs leaving the team that did all the work nothing. Even several times I have seen some people stand back and not help and then just as the zone flipps they rush in and steal them all. I know there is nothing I can do to make people not be jerks so perhaps the Devs could make a code that determins how long you are in that control zone and how many kills or damage taken/dealt and then make the purple orbs only appear to the players that have actually flipped the zone. As it works now you have people just running from zone to zone and spawn camping the orbs drop areas waiting to scoop them all up as soon as they fall. Or perhaps if they did not disappear from your bank overnight they would not be some sought after.
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry if I did this to you. Today was my first day doing the ground battlezone (for about 3 hours) and after fighting the Giant T-rex or the Assualt mechs and basically anything that moved until the game says secure and the little purple floaties popup, I grabbed them out not knowing what they where but figuring they were loot.
    Nobody else seemed to be grabbing them.
    I then spent most of my time trying to use them to no avail since the only description I had of them was from clicking info, and it doesnt give hardly any info on how they work.

Until now I never knew I needed 120 for them to be useful. The fact I have sixty that are now wasted since they will disapeer overnight makes it less likely I will even bother with them at all in future sessions.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • okitsunegaokitsunega Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The whole credit thing is (IMNSHO) poor design for supposedly co-op zone. If you want co-op you don't make people fight over resources. If you do, then it's perfectly obvious that people will do what they can to reap the benefits. The solution would be simple: either make it so that those credits drop individually, or make it so they come as part of the zone capture reward. I'd prefer the latter because I hate playing pacman on battlegrounds.

As long as the design is not changed to support co-op play, this problem will persist.

This is true to lesser degree on STF missions. The whole 'need-or-greed' is pointless there. Even if you wanted, you don't have time to stop and evaluate individual drops, without actually hurting the team's performance. Everyone will simply pick need on everything - and I don't blame anyone for doing so. Again it would really be much better to simply distribute the loot automatically to everyone.
  • peter1z9peter1z9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Command credits should really be a part of the zone capture reward. I have no idea what the devs were thinking when they came up with a resource that you have to fight over in a co-op zone.
    "Our Bugs are working as intended" - Cryptic
  • theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Easiest solution: Don't pick up the call in reinforcement mission. It's poorly structured anyway, so just don't bother.
    I know there is a method but all I see is madness.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sounds like the best way to do this would be to award these the same way dyson marks are awarded; based on your participation. Rather than dropping purple dinosaur droppings all over, better to simply award an amount equivalent to what they did to earn them. Based on damage done, enemies defeated, and how much you contributed to capturing each field. I personally refuse to play these ground missions, because ground combat sucks in this game, but it really sounds like they should treat it the same way they do anything else.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Sounds like the best way to do this would be to award these the same way dyson marks are awarded; based on your participation. Rather than dropping purple dinosaur droppings all over, better to simply award an amount equivalent to what they did to earn them. Based on damage done, enemies defeated, and how much you contributed to capturing each field. I personally refuse to play these ground missions, because ground combat sucks in this game, but it really sounds like they should treat it the same way they do anything else.

This sounds logical.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    theeishtmo wrote: »
    Easiest solution: Don't pick up the call in reinforcement mission. It's poorly structured anyway, so just don't bother.

This. Ignore them, so I canna have them... :D
    /Floozy
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If I have the daily for it, I will race around to get them. Otherwise I ask in /team if anybody needs them, and will only pick them up if nobody else races for them. Once you have 90 of them you can call in the max level reinforcements which will net you 10 marks (the assignment reward is separate and in-addition to that). If you are grinding the battelzone for marks anyway, its stupid to leave them behind.

If it was my call I would get rid of them. They are bad for the game in multiple different ways. Too much "pac man" arcade for a supposed-RPG, too many people fighting over them, etc.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Problem will be solved soon, when the next Tribble patch goes live. It drastically reduces the requirements for the reinforcements mission.