test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need an explanation on Season 8 content

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
The reputation "Sponsorship" How does that work? I know what it's suppose to do but how to you get it? If I read correctly I have to get the Spire Rep to tier 5 first? Or I have to get someone to sponcer me? I can't find a good link to where this is all broken down. Where or how to you get the Sponsorship Token?
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    IF you have a char that has reached T5 in a Rep, then that char can do a project to create token that speeds up the rep exp gain for one of your other chars.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been thinking about that and I'd like to suggest a change to it, while I only use 1 character myself, I know most people have more than one so I'm not suggesting not having that feature, but instead of that just applying to a person's other characters how about if it was changed to apply to any character, like if you wanted to give the token to a friend or fleet member as a way of helping that person by sponsoring them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That will lead to people just selling them and I have a feeling cryptic are trying to avoid that.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That will lead to people just selling them and I have a feeling cryptic are trying to avoid that.

That's true but on the other hand no one has to buy them. They would only be useful anyway to someone who is level 50 and has the rep system unlocked, if that person is in a fleet they could get one from a fleet member, if not they could get it from a friend. If someones in a fleet and needs one but the fleet won't give one unless you pay a few million credits for it just leave for a fleet that doesn't charge a helper fee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I disagree. Make each "new" player grind through to T5 like I did. What's in it for me? I really don't like other people in general and why would I want to help them? They didn't help me.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They didn't help me.

You soloed Omega Rep?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vermatrix wrote: »
    That's true but on the other hand no one has to buy them. They would only be useful anyway to someone who is level 50 and has the rep system unlocked, if that person is in a fleet they could get one from a fleet member, if not they could get it from a friend. If someones in a fleet and needs one but the fleet won't give one unless you pay a few million credits for it just leave for a fleet that doesn't charge a helper fee.

I'm sorry to say this but I think that's a very bad idea. First of all there's no circumstance except that you've already hit tier 5 for why you wouldn't want a sponsorship token. Fine, you might say, that's just creates the demand on the exchange but consider that can be satisfied with just ONE go at the battlezone or a couple STF's. When that pathetic amount of work amounts to, at best, a few million credits you will have a definite economic problem. Far too much is going to go into an exceedingly common commodity and what the result will probably be is a lot of depreciation for a one-time market fixation that drastically alters the reputation system. Why not just cut the rep exp requirements in half with an update and side-track the chaos on the exchange or fleet banks?

Or you could set the fleet mark costs to well outside the range of normal gameplay (which wouldn't actually solve the problem but it would minimize the abuse) but then you've ruined the sponsorship system for its intended purpose (helping out successive reputation grinds). Either way its madness.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You soloed Omega Rep?

I did, for the most part. I'm assuming you're referring to the forced teaming we have to endure for STFs. I did Defera A LOT to avoid the STFs. In fact, I have a LT7 I'm leveling there because it's (almost) all solo. The bonus marks events were great. It isn't impossible.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.