test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help me pick a name

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Ten Forward
I am an avid Star Trek ship builder. I have in by collection almost every Trek model ship that has been produced in the last 30 years. Building these vessels seem to bring me great relaxation and focus. My current fovorite to build is the Polar lights 1/1000 Connie refit.

here are some images of the Model:

http://thegreatcanadianmodelbuilderswebpage.blogspot.com/2011/02/enterprise-refit.html

I have made aprox 15 of them. I usually give them away to friends and co-workers when I finish them. Currently I purchased an after-market decal set for this kit that has different color strong backs. and alternite hull numbers and ship names. I can choose from:

■USS Constellation (NCC-1700)
■USS Defiant (NCC-1764)3
■USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
■USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A)
■USS Excalibur (NCC-1664)
■USS Exeter (NCC-1672)
■USS Hood (NCC-1703)
■USS Intrepid (NCC-1631)
■USS Lexington (NCC-1709)
■USS Potemkin (NCC-1657)
■USS Endeavour (NCC-1895)
■USS Farragut
■USS Olympia
■USS Republic (NCC-1371)
■USS Valiant
■USS Yorktown

I also can us the NX desigination. I used a different color and paint scheme than the stock enterprise patterns that the kit calls for. It came out amazing. I just can't pick a name.
I am leaning toward the NX-Constellation (NX or NCC - 1700) It could be the refit projects prototype ship. The test bed for all the new advances before the Enterprise got it's refit.

I'm not sure what Connies got the refit. I know the Yorktown and the Lexington did. The Enterprise A was previously the Yorktown. And being a Navy vet I know that the 1st ship of a Class is named after that class and is usualy a test/training ship. Sometimes years later after the class establishes itself, it's name sake is brought into active duty as a flag ship. Not used in combat but used for diplomatic purposes. It usualy sit's at the home port and the Admirals use it to take VIP's out for cruises and have receptions on.

But if someone can think of a good name for my latest connie I would appreciate it.
Also if there is a Refit Connie fanatic in-game post here and we can arrange getting one to you. As I said I have about 9 of them. I do not charge for these. As I just love building them. So if there is a fan out there that would love to have one of these ships let me know.
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    USS CatStar =^.^=
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2013
    I'll take two of the cats, please.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I say Defiant, though it was never refitted as far as we know.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My vote's for USS Farragut. I just like the sound of it.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Enterprise.
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    U.S.S. Ship
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well I should have known this thread would attract a few trolls. But to the others: Thanks for your input. Here is a picture of her yet to have her hull markings and registry added.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww317/jgreer721/IMG_20131103_202150_zps936690df.jpg

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww317/jgreer721/IMG_20131103_202236_zps37b2fe67.jpg
  • Options
    roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2013
    The U.S.S. Bob.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Been scrolling through your pics... My jaw dropped; is that a museum or something with all those models on display? Wow..

My $0.02 EC:

U.S.S. Olympia (NCC-1702)
    U.S.S. Eagle (NCC-1719)
    U.S.S. Constitution (NCC-1700)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    Been scrolling through your pics... My jaw dropped; is that a museum or something with all those models on display? Wow..

My $0.02 EC:

U.S.S. Olympia (NCC-1702)
    U.S.S. Eagle (NCC-1719)
    U.S.S. Constitution (NCC-1700)

Yeah I have a large collection. But some of the star wars Pics are from a Museum.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    USS Thingamajig
    USS Whatchamacallit
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    just discovered that the only TOS Connie's that had refits are:

■USS Enterprise (rushed into service to deal with the V'Ger crisis)
    ■USS El Dorado
    ■USS Excalibur
    ■USS Exeter
    ■USS Farragut
    ■USS Hood
    ■USS Krieger
    ■USS Lexington

other Connies were the USS Challenger, USS Daniel Soule and USS Jamestown but were newly built ships.

The first ship to look like the standard TOS connie was the USS Constellation (NCC - 1017) she was a refit from a Daedalus class.
    Her refit took place at the same time as building of the NX-1700 Constitution. The 1017 would have the new components installed and tested and certified before being added to the final prototype NX -1700. This explains the low hull number of the Constellation. (in all reality the model builders at CBS did not have time to make new stencils for the numbers before filming Doomsday and had to use the one's they already had from the Enterprise.) But the Starship Encyclopedia explained it better).

Hey thats an idea the USS Constellation NCC-1017-A as tribute to Commodore Matthew Decker
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I thought Decker and Ilia became one with V'jer in ST:TMP. Take the Lexington. Two aircraft carriers (one was the 2nd aircraft carrier in the USN; the other was its Essex-class replacement). You could even use her nickname, "Lady Lex".