test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yellowstone runabout

jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
In the STFs they make the tactical cube Gates transformers vanish when they use the tetyron warp plasma for 10 to 30 seconds

you cant target the enemy and it breaks target lock

you can only hti them with fire at will
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Post edited by jellico1 on

Comments

• gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can confirm that the Gate, Cube, and Spheres will disappear for a time, untargetable, but able to receive damage from them. Generators and Transformers will remain visible.

Yellowstone Runabouts were on the map at the time.
  • nalfyrnalfyr Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    this is a graphics issue with on screen particles from there tet cloud ability

moving your cam around on the screen when they 'disapear' will allow you to see and target them again..

it is incredibly anoying though..
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just curious. Yellowstone runabout carrier pets, or yellowstone runabout playable shuttle?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Carrier pets, since playable shuttles can't be used in STFs anymore.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Carrier pets, since playable shuttles can't be used in STFs anymore.

Ahh ok. I was about to say "Who the hell uses a shuttle for an STF?" lol. Didn't know it wasn't even allowed. Thank god for that.

I've never used yellowstone runabout shuttles so can't comment on the subject. I was just curious since it wasn't specifically stated they were hangar pets having the problem.

One thing I've heard a lot when having graphical issues is to have your graphics drivers up to date. Don't know if that would solve anything but it's an idea.
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't you just love gas?

Fact: The game engine has NEVER been able to properly render gas clouds and effects. It causes lag and all sorts of problems, many times displaying in gaps or not at all... something trolls love to use to their advantage.

Nice to see a gasser being foiled by his own tactics. Don't like the effects, don't use it.
  • khanharnkhanharn Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dsaris wrote: »
    Don't you just love gas?

Fact: The game engine has NEVER been able to properly render gas clouds and effects. It causes lag and all sorts of problems, many times displaying in gaps or not at all... something trolls love to use to their advantage.

Nice to see a gasser being foiled by his own tactics. Don't like the effects, don't use it.

I have seen the invisibility bug but I have never seen any form of lag due to this move or others like it.

I have asked my fleet about this and none of them have had this issue. Sounds like you have your Grx setting too high for your rig or your system is bottle necking due to performance issues.

Been on the game since early access and never had/seen this issue.
    Early Access Captain 29/01/10

Kanharn's Memory Alpha.
  • khanharnkhanharn Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ahh ok. I was about to say "Who the hell uses a shuttle for an STF?" lol. Didn't know it wasn't even allowed. Thank god for that.

I've never used yellowstone runabout shuttles so can't comment on the subject. I was just curious since it wasn't specifically stated they were hangar pets having the problem.

One thing I've heard a lot when having graphical issues is to have your graphics drivers up to date. Don't know if that would solve anything but it's an idea.

People used to do it a lot until they stopped it. Used to be very annoying. The invisibility big happens on other missions to like the 20 man fleet action and the old CCE.
    Early Access Captain 29/01/10

Kanharn's Memory Alpha.