test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Friendly" black ball console visual debuffs

twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Am I the only one getting annoyed when people on my team use the Big Black Ball console?

I hate that thing with a passion. In both PvE and PvP.

No, this isn't a rant about how people disable my ship, it's about how people disable my vision. It's particularly bad on my sci's, where I tend to clump up my targets as much as possible. I'll be happily causing mayhem, when all of a sudden all of my screen goes black and I can't see what I'm shooting anymore. I'll look at my debuffs, see nothing, note no damage taken and realise "ah drat, one of my team members just black-balled my targets".

The big ball of blackness visual is just so huge it completely obfuscates all my enemies, allowing them to disrupt the warp core chains I was planning, or otherwise do stuff I can't see...

Anyone else feels this console ability should be toned down a bit on the visual scale, especially for friendlies?
Post edited by twam on

Comments

• Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Pardon me for intruding, But i believe i have seen this console in action. Could you tel me which console it is? because i hate it with a passion.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    No intrusion, your dislike is exactly on topic :)

It's the Universal Console - Subspace Integration Circuit, available from lockboxes or the exchange (currently around 550k, listed under engineering consoles).

The AoE blackout effect is part of the visual, not even a mechanic, and I am not a fan. Most certainly not.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    twam wrote: »
    No intrusion, your dislike is exactly on topic :)

It's the Universal Console - Subspace Integration Circuit, available from lockboxes or the exchange (currently around 550k, listed under engineering consoles).

The AoE blackout effect is part of the visual, not even a mechanic, and I am not a fan. Most certainly not.

I have only run into this console in Ker'rat, that being said nothing and i mean nothing bugs me more than getting alpha'd by 3 BoP's and a T'Varo while stuck in this miasma.

Not even getting regular alpha'd by 3 BoP's and a T'Varo :D
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well, behind hindered by one tossed your way from the enemy is one thing - definitely nasty, but all is fair in love and war, or something.

The massive blob in my screen when one of my team members uses it, that's what I find particularly objectionable. My team should not 'debuff' my visuals.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    twam wrote: »
    Am I the only one getting annoyed when people on my team use the Big Black Ball console?

I hate that thing with a passion. In both PvE and PvP.

No, this isn't a rant about how people disable my ship, it's about how people disable my vision. It's particularly bad on my sci's, where I tend to clump up my targets as much as possible. I'll be happily causing mayhem, when all of a sudden all of my screen goes black and I can't see what I'm shooting anymore. I'll look at my debuffs, see nothing, note no damage taken and realise "ah drat, one of my team members just black-balled my targets".

The big ball of blackness visual is just so huge it completely obfuscates all my enemies, allowing them to disrupt the warp core chains I was planning, or otherwise do stuff I can't see...

Anyone else feels this console ability should be toned down a bit on the visual scale, especially for friendlies?

I applaud you for using the word "obfuscates" my friend. However, I am afraid that it is unlikely that you shall receive your desire. I will note however, that the Scimitar's modified radiation cloud explosion that it leaves behind is also MASSIVELY obscuring. It is supposed to destroy crewmen but what it really does is make it nearly impossible to see resulting in other forms of destruction.