test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quick end-game ground armour question

nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
Good morning one and all :)

Being a complete novice with ground STF's I was wondering whats the best end-game ground armour/shields/weapons out of the two reputation items, Omega Rep personal kit or MACO personal kit?

Whats the differences? (besides the obvious difference in visuals :D).
server_hamster6.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, if you are looking to get a full set, it's probably best to start with thinking about the weapons. MACO comes with a sniper rifle, while Omega comes with a full auto rifle. You do need the guns to get the full bonuses from the sets, so if one of those just doesn't fit your play style then you might be best going with the other one.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Well, if you are looking to get a full set, it's probably best to start with thinking about the weapons. MACO comes with a sniper rifle, while Omega comes with a full auto rifle. You do need the guns to get the full bonuses from the sets, so if one of those just doesn't fit your play style then you might be best going with the other one.

Thanks for the reply :) I have to admit I do like full auto's. Being a complete fool where ground kit is concerned I hadn't even given a thought to set bonuses! Doh! :eek:
    server_hamster6.png
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The MACO armor set is more defensive, while Omega is more offensive.
    Also, you may want to look the costume before spending a lot of dil and marks in something you don't like.
    Stats and screens :
    Omega
    MACO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You should also consider the adapted maco armour (assuming you're a fed). The grenade launcher that it comes with is a very nice weapon.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
    edited August 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    The MACO armor set is more defensive, while Omega is more offensive.
    Also, you may want to look the costume before spending a lot of dil and marks in something you don't like.
    Stats and screens :
    Omega
    MACO

Thanks for the links :) I like both costumes although I'm liking the look of Omega overall. I hadn't thought about the adapted MACO set either.
    Looks like I'd better start saving up those marks!/Dil!!

Thanks for the feedback everyone, its very much appreciated.
    server_hamster6.png
  • chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I have mark X MACO on my Fed and Omega Mk XI on my KDF Rom. Heres the difference in a nutshell imho.

Fed MACO. Move to position, crouch, aim, fire, hes dead, tough enemy incoming, charge sniper shot, blam, knock him to the ground, fire again, rinse and repeat.

KDF Omega. Salt beastie on the north ridge, bzzzt, dead salt beastie. More of them coming out of the god damn walls. Bzzzt bzzzt bzzzt, full auto, dead salt beasties. Oh hang on survivors lets beat them to death with the bat'leth or maybe another burst of bzzzt bzzzt bzzzt. :P

I say Omega myself. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
    edited August 2013
    chris919uk wrote: »
    Well I have mark X MACO on my Fed and Omega Mk XI on my KDF Rom. Heres the difference in a nutshell imho.

Fed MACO. Move to position, crouch, aim, fire, hes dead, tough enemy incoming, charge sniper shot, blam, knock him to the ground, fire again, rinse and repeat.

KDF Omega. Salt beastie on the north ridge, bzzzt, dead salt beastie. More of them coming out of the god damn walls. Bzzzt bzzzt bzzzt, full auto, dead salt beasties. Oh hang on survivors lets beat them to death with the bat'leth or maybe another burst of bzzzt bzzzt bzzzt. :P

I say Omega myself. :D

LOL! love the description! :D Omega works for me then :)
    server_hamster6.png
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »

The only thing the rep weapon's provide is the use of borg weapon re-sequencing and a grenade shot from the adapted set. Otherwise the armor and psg is sufficient enough to fight anything else......but than again you can use the slower weapon re-sequencer and get by without the rep weapon also.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!