test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Leaderboards

Comments

• biggs4everbiggs4ever Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    laferrari1 wrote: »
    At this point I'm sad they nerfed Ionic. I'd have reeeeally enjoyed the flow of tears from pvers.

Geko was more helpful for the PvP community than you can possibly be.

You can ask anyone left what I have been doing the past few months to help repair ground. And lol Geko being helpful? The man you have bashed on 3 different forum accounts? Keep in mind I am trying to restore the "GROUND" community as far as I am concerned space is not even salvageable let alone playable for many reasons that just begin at lag and camera going nuts on sharp 180 turn. But what would you know about ground pvp after all?

Like I said you want to troll me from a far away game server that isn't sto knock yourself out! But when you attempt to hijack these ground threads just to attack me it only makes you look stupid. We have fun on ogpvp making fun of you space noobs when you do such things. Basically your QQ is the only thing lately that gives me enjoyment in this game short of a heavy string of doff project crits. So keep it coming kid. Sometimes my long drive to work is made more enjoyable by you and hanni visting me. Best advice stick to erp trolling sto podcasts. That's something I truly give you major thumbs up for. I can never forget that :P
  • laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    lag did it

grind did it

clicky consoles did it

the farther we get away from boff powers you have to actually have on your ship to damage/resist/heal/disable/escape the worse the matches get

cause then its just an rng battle

and nothing in pve prepares fresh players or guides them to builds/"classes" so if and when they do pvp-

they get slaughtered

been like that for years
    I dont blame anyone for not wanting to que up at this point, the best thing we got going forward would be some custom channels, but we have had those in the past at dire times when the ques were packed with this broken mechanic or that broken mechanic and they all faded out

perhaps someone from the pvp population with the determination, charisma, connections could create a channel that would work.. but I honestly dont know who that would be

reading opvp is, well if I was new to this game- I wouldnt want to hang with those people LOL, lot of chest pounding, epeen, games broke, no point, etc going on there

and getting help for builds is possible but really not easy, hell even sto wiki is not even getting updated anymore so I cant even imagine what a fresh player interested in pvp would turn to

bottom line is theres just not a stong pvp population left, so anything going forward for pvp will have to come from the pve crowd- those bored with the pve grind and want to spice things up

but, again theres always been hate between the pve crowd and the pvp crowd so im not sure if fresh players can rise above that to get pvp going once again

its cool theres folks trying and those will be our future pvp fleets, our future top pvp players, etc

I dont know,
    blaming this crowd that did it or cryptic did it... now feels kind of pointless

we all know the failings of this game in regards to pvp,
    we all know what we are up against if we do want to push forward,

I say let it all go, if you want to pvp? go in peace
    if you dont want to pvp anymore and your angry about it? let it go and allow others to move forward

its rough enough in this game for a new pvper but to also endure the ghosts of pvp's past constant comparison to their successes in the past vs the new guys accomplishments now..

well, LOL again... feels pointless at this point

I just had my fiber optic switch replaced. If anyone comes and say "get a better ISP" due to lag gets a punch in-da-face.

PvP is deadly enough that newcomers won't even try a second time. You just are not outfitted for it anymore if you have a fresh character, but all the stuff is gated behind huge paywalls and timers. Once you could be rocking the queues straight out of the box with blue doffs and MK XI/XII VR gear, plus some items from fleet holdings.
    Now add to that all the upgrade thing. It's one of the reason we see only the usual faces when a queue pops.
    biggs4ever wrote: »
    You can ask anyone left what I have been doing the past few months to help repair ground. And lol Geko being helpful? The man you have bashed on 3 different forum accounts? Keep in mind I am trying to restore the "GROUND" community as far as I am concerned space is not even salvageable let alone playable for many reasons that just begin at lag and camera going nuts on sharp 180 turn. But what would you know about ground pvp after all?

Like I said you want to troll me from a far away game server that isn't sto knock yourself out! But when you attempt to hijack these ground threads just to attack me it only makes you look stupid. We have fun on ogpvp making fun of you space noobs when you do such things. Basically your QQ is the only thing lately that gives me enjoyment in this game short of a heavy string of doff project crits. So keep it coming kid. Sometimes my long drive to work is made more enjoyable by you and hanni visting me. Best advice stick to erp trolling sto podcasts. That's something I truly give you major thumbs up for. I can never forget that :P

A channel where those who speak are you and your alts. geez.
    A work that consists in going down to the basement and replying to us. The "long way" consists in you falling constantly while going downstairs.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    as much as all the power creep ruined game play, the upgrade system makes it wholly unapproachable. for anyone sane enough to question weather throwing hundreds of dollars a month into a video game, were the deves literally hate you for being a pvper, is a good idea. video games are supposed to cost $60 once, if brand new, wtf is this bull****. pay twice that a month on micro transactions, for something that will never be finished, and were quality and balance and gameplay are the lowest priorities.

and after you dutifully shelled out and were loyal for 4 years to this sham, one day all your end game top of the line gear got turned into vender trash, and the new top tier is more then 50% more powerful. the farce is that its supposed to be some new angle of progression, because who doesn't love grind, were you cant have any fun until you reach the end, which is true for all the progression in this game. and if you weren't a pvper when you reached the end, you had nothing to do! oh but you can pay about $100 and get about 8 vr mk14 weapons, right now! pay here to be exactly were you were pre DR. literally unforgivable.

MMOs are such shameless scam garbage, i cant believe some countries haven't made them illegal yet.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reading opvp is, well if I was new to this game- I wouldnt want to hang with those people LOL, lot of chest pounding, epeen, games broke, no point, etc going on there

I have the forums on the right monitor...didn't need to read it on the left monitor too. Pretty much why I left OPvP back when I did...
  • hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wont play another free to play, pay to win game again:)

I will happily pay a monthly sub,

you get content thats available to all, you get a focus on gameplay and balance, you get a better quality product to sink your time into

cause before, to retain customers.. the game had to be good
    all of the game

This right here is the truth and something I figured out recently, that's why I'm only playing sub games and single player console/pc games that are not infected by terrible micro-transaction models and massive amounts of endless, pointless, grind.
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This right here is the truth and something I figured out recently, that's why I'm only playing sub games and single player console/pc games that are not infected by terrible micro-transaction models and massive amounts of endless, pointless, grind.

To be fair to the model however... 80% of the "free" to play MMO games out there focus on selling cosmetics and not power. Cryptic (almost) stands alone on that one.

Games lilke Rift GW... heck Even EA has kept the P2W element out of TOR which they make money on by selling "GI Space Barbie Joe".

The funny thing is I think all those games make more $. Cryptic and PWE have underestimated just how much North American markets will shell out for simple cosmetics.
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    as much as all the power creep ruined game play, the upgrade system makes it wholly unapproachable. for anyone sane enough to question weather throwing hundreds of dollars a month into a video game, were the deves literally hate you for being a pvper, is a good idea. video games are supposed to cost $60 once, if brand new, wtf is this bull****. pay twice that a month on micro transactions, for something that will never be finished, and were quality and balance and gameplay are the lowest priorities.

and after you dutifully shelled out and were loyal for 4 years to this sham, one day all your end game top of the line gear got turned into vender trash, and the new top tier is more then 50% more powerful.

Any developer that starts selling better mechanics and tactical advantage to part of playerbase knows nothing about games.
    Functional story expansions, costumes etc is where you make money in F2P.

And on sheer game quality...

one needs just to play 5 minutes out of 100hrs of The Witcher 3 for one time only $50 and realize just how big talent and effort they have and others lack.

It's not even funny.
    edited May 2015
    This is it, boys, this is war - what are we waiting for?
    Why don't we break the rules already?
    I was never one to believe the hype
    Save that for the black and white
    I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked,
    But here they come again to jack my style

It's fitting. I could see a STO PvPer saying that lol
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Corona Biebs deals 222157 (538452) damage (critical) to Augm3nt with Feedback Pulse III. (Link)

538k raw damage with FBP3? Wow. I wonder what it was that got reflected.
    edited June 2015
    mancom wrote: »
    Corona Biebs deals 222157 (538452) damage (critical) to Augm3nt with Feedback Pulse III. (Link)

Isokinetic Cannon.
    Did you know that FBP reflects that?... Yeah it does.
    Plus that guy's a rommie tac partigen, I guess it's enough said. One of the reason why tac Alpha and GDF should not enhance exotic damage.
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited June 2015
    Tac`s on Sci Ships for PrtG LoL.. ohh yeahhhh ... or the Guys with that Plasma Proc.. what a Joke. Anyway.. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Come on biebs. Man up. I know you got it in you.
  • ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dont alpha me bro :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dont alpha me bro :D

<3

/10bieberfevers
    Post edited by bwemo on
    edited June 2015
    laferrari1 wrote: »
    Isokinetic Cannon.
    Did you know that FBP reflects that?... Yeah it does.
    Plus that guy's a rommie tac partigen, I guess it's enough said. One of the reason why tac Alpha and GDF should not enhance exotic damage.

Captain abilities should do what they are supposed to do. Alpha should enhance dmg skills its what they do. Ships that can slot command Sci have fewer hard points and fewer tac abilities.

The issue is the same as it has always been. Unlimited stacking of dmg buffs, and way to high base dmg numbers on silly things like ISOK.

To fix the insanity style numbers... all dmg + buffs should suffer from diminishing returns. So if a ship had 5+ dmg the best buff should apply 100%... the second best 80% the third 60%... and so on. Yes this would reduce dmg by a large amount, however add a DR formula to shield resistance, and stacked hot heals... and then take the NPCs and set there HP back to reasonable numbers. (instead of small tholian ships having 1 mil hull points lol) If that system existed Augments 200k ISOK would have been more like 60k... and after being reflected after already being buffed by his buffs... the return from the beibes would have had a very minor buff added to it so he would have got hit with 80-90k instead. Which is still broken, just not laughably so.

Anyway who cares... at least this game is still good for a few laughs right. :)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    Captain abilities should do what they are supposed to do. Alpha should enhance dmg skills its what they do. Ships that can slot command Sci have fewer hard points and fewer tac abilities.

The issue is the same as it has always been. Unlimited stacking of dmg buffs, and way to high base dmg numbers on silly things like ISOK.

To fix the insanity style numbers... all dmg + buffs should suffer from diminishing returns. So if a ship had 5+ dmg the best buff should apply 100%... the second best 80% the third 60%... and so on. Yes this would reduce dmg by a large amount, however add a DR formula to shield resistance, and stacked hot heals... and then take the NPCs and set there HP back to reasonable numbers. (instead of small tholian ships having 1 mil hull points lol) If that system existed Augments 200k ISOK would have been more like 60k... and after being reflected after already being buffed by his buffs... the return from the beibes would have had a very minor buff added to it so he would have got hit with 80-90k instead. Which is still broken, just not laughably so.

Anyway who cares... at least this game is still good for a few laughs right. :)

The game already has diminishin returns for buffs.

The difference between science and weapon damage abilities I think are mostly due to the fact that science powers have less damage buffs already affecting them - that means the "diminishment" of buffs is not as high as that for weapons.

One of the weapon damage category buffs applies to the base damage of a weapon, and "base" damage means the standard issue / Mark 1 variant of the weapon. The other categories are multiplicators on that, but there are only a small number of categories of buffs, and within a category, you got your diminishing returns. Some of the buff categories already contain a ton of bonuses, so additional bonuses have very little effect.

But for science/exotic damage powers, there are a lot less buffs in play. I suspect that energy and skillpoint based buff are one or two categories that affect it, and they aren't huge. So whatever a power like APA brings to the table, it helps the exotic damage a lot more than weapon damage, comparitively.

If exotic damage powers had more innate buffs, the effects of a power like APA or GDF would be lower.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I took the time to search the release note archives and I found what I was looking for:
    • Feedback Pulse:
      No longer receives an improvement to reflected damage from a damage buff abilities, but would still inflict more damage upon a target that has a damage resistance debuff.
    At one point in time, Cryptic decided that APA should not buff FBP. Then some patch stealth-reverted that change and now Cryptic doesn't even remember their decision from 2011.
    edited June 2015
    At one point in time, Cryptic decided that APA should not buff FBP. Then some patch stealth-reverted that change and now Cryptic doesn't even remember their decision from 2011.

Sounds about right. It's what happens when no one is really in charge of anything. lol
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    why did we ever think this game would be worth playing, when its never had system devs that pvp. they literally cant do their jobs correctly, they have no real sense of the meta, all they can do is invent new power creep.
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    why did we ever think this game would be worth playing, when its never had system devs that pvp. they literally cant do their jobs correctly, they have no real sense of the meta, all they can do is invent new power creep.

You already know the answer my friend: Star Trek. Without the license it would have taken far less to drive most of us away.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • zippostylezippostyle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    hey, a friend of mine asked me for an API key... His PC crashed and he lost his old one... lemme know, his handle is:

@kyle223cat

thanks
  • yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Btw, what is "style" in leaderboard entries?
    Nobody seems to know it so far, anyone can explain?
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.