Options

did the server just die?

is it dead?
Post edited by retrosrages on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know, but there's usually a dozen threads by now from people telling us it died if it did. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes. The funeral is tomorrow at 5:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time.
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just had to log back in and now it is loading very very very slowly. Getting log in timeouts
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I don't know, but there's usually a dozen threads by now from people telling us it died if it did. :)

just cause most post before they look to see if anybody else is having problems. I just got disconnected twice . was doing rommy daily got disconnected logged back in was in sector space re entered system and bam discon again.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited August 2013
    icsairguns wrote: »
    just cause most post before they look to see if anybody else is having problems. I just got disconnected twice . was doing rommy daily got disconnected logged back in was in sector space re entered system and bam discon again.
    Well, considering you're posting 40 minutes after the OP, that's not really corroborating his question. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    ferthannaferthanna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes. Something is dead. It took forever to log in, got several timeouts. Once I've gotten in I've gotten kicked off after less than a minute.

Definitely something wrong.
    What goes around comes around.

Satcher@ferthanna
    R'awlins@ferthanna
    T'flup@ferthanna
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, took almost 5 minutes to do a zone change...queues timed out like three times...then disconnected.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I just logged in in the normal amount of time. I'm flying around without incident right now. It could be a ISP routing issue going on for some people.

If there's a server problem I'm not seeing it - and as I said above, when lots of people get kicked there's a lot of threads and posts about it.
  • Options
    clawoforcoclawoforco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In Risa event - disconnected three times in 10 minutes ...something is amiss ..i know of others having the same prob.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    having same issue got dc'ed and now it timeout on log in do not think this is a widespread ISP issue there is some thing wrong with the log in sever or some thing.
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only happening on Risa for me
  • Options
    arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Getting disconnects on Risa, too.

Tbh this is a bit annoying. As if it wasn't bad enough that client performance went down considerably since LoR.

Please Cryptic, fix the servers, improve the code. New features are useless if you can't enjoy them over technical issues.

-edit-
    Maybe too many dance-bots on Risa?
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    ferthanna wrote: »
    Yes. Something is dead. It took forever to log in, got several timeouts. Once I've gotten in I've gotten kicked off after less than a minute.

Definitely something wrong.

He's dead Jim - 150% speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM7_znfqazw
  • Options
    mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    unplayable today. loading takes forever every map change comes with a disconnect, always the same after they do a " server stability " update, all the do is teach the server to randomnly dump player when he gets in trouble, thus easing the load and " stabilizing", cryptic, you guys suck, they should pull your license.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Any of you guys running a TraceRt or Nettest between you and Cogent to see if there's a problem there?

Are you guys all in Europe or some other non-US area? Are you all clients of Verizon?

I'm about 10 minutes in, have 3 accounts logged in, and I'm not having an DCs on any of them from the Chicago area.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah it could be another Verizon issue. I've been having rubberbanding all day long and just got booted from the server in the middle of a Starbase defense. Took a while to get back in only to get a SNR again. Logged out and got something to eat. I'll try again later maybe.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    lunadragolunadrago Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm from the UK and was having major lag on the server and multiple DC's, have been for the last couple of day's as have a few of my fleet both here in the UK and the US...
    Be warned also, there is a new server stability update live on tribble so no doubt this will be heading towards holodeck very soon!
  • Options
    chaoscloud#1972 chaoscloud Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Was doing fine in the morning EST. Logged back on later evening on Risa and keep getting disconnected. I see Risa for a few seconds then bam, disconnected. 4 times now. My ISP and router are fine, just STO borking on me.

Previous commenter prolly right, all those dance botters switching their moves every microsecond. :P

Hope they fix whatever is going on. Oh and Cryptic, PLEASE fix the non-loading profile cards on players. Why bother having a description of yourself when it doesn't even load for others. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Any of you guys running a TraceRt or Nettest between you and Cogent to see if there's a problem there?

Even the forums dropped out with the last DC - went for a smoke and came back to watch silly cats on YouTube while waiting, so I didn't test. Girlfriend was using Google Voice without any issue while playing Candy Crush on Facebook. Was just between here and STO that tanked...
    Are you guys all in Europe or some other non-US area? Are you all clients of Verizon?

US - East Coast - not Verizon.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not this last few mins. I logged on long enough to claim the DS9 outfit. Even swapped characters to make sure it was still ok.

I saw no issues about getting on.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I'm about 10 minutes in, have 3 accounts logged in, and I'm not having an DCs on any of them from the Chicago area.

I'm in Colorado AND not on verizon and was having issues but restarted my PC and everything is fine now maybe that is a clue for some that are having issues.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It seems to be fine through DC, NY, but then gets flaky as it hits Cogent in BOS...
  • Options
    chaoscloud#1972 chaoscloud Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm in Colorado AND not on verizon and was having issues but restarted my PC and everything is fine now maybe that is a clue for some that are having issues.
    Ya I'm in Pennsylvania and using Comcast HSI. No issues with my connection. Rebooted both router/modem and computer just to be sure. Still getting disconnects. Again, just happened to me this evening. This morning was staying connected just fine.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cogent...

I'm really starting to hate that name now.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah!. dont worry, your not thw only one.

Thousands of other players including myself who randomly get disconnected and/or sometimes cant log back.

The problem usually isnt you, its usually the connection with too you, its not your connection at all.

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I bet it's the thousands of people swarming expecting to get free Odyssey cruisers from the giveaways.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • Options
    djsimonroc88djsimonroc88 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I keep getting disconnected for some reason as well I was doing conduit space elite when I unexpectedly got disconnected and then when I try to log back in I was back at earth space dock unable to get my loot from stf :mad: .. I totally agree with all of you here something is wrong and this issue needs to get fixed and resolved..
    27457d1244675809-ok-wheres-facepalm-emoticon-double-facepalm.jpg

Face palming the enemy one at a time.