test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    *sigh* I'm joining the ranks of those who wish they'd open up the Tailor so that at least you can use Off Duty stuff on your BOFFs. Getting REAL annoying to have them be in uniform all the time, especially on missions where civvies would be preferable or, in my case, when you're creating the Greek Pantheon and you have to put Aphrodite in a uniform.

Make her an Orion and dress her all sexy. ;)

Orion costume options are not available on Fed toons without an exploit or hack, and I ain't gonna risk getting banned just to have a stripperiffic costume on a BOFF.

Besides, I was thinking more Formal Wear dress. As it stands, I have her in white and grey wearing a skirt, boots, and a Mirrorverse croptop sleeveless Sierra uniform.

An Orion Diplomacy BOFF is still capable of wearing KDF uniforms, that includes the unique Orion clothing.

1) I don't have an Orion Diplomacy BOFF.
    2) If I did, I wouldn't make her one of the Pantheon, as they're all "alien" characters that simply resemble humans, albeit being 7'0 or more (based on Torso and Leg lengths).

Ah, well...

1) One could acquire one from completing the Commendation Diplomacy Track.
    2) But I would suppose that^ would be moot, if you're wanting to use Alien BOFFs. Perhaps the Seven of Nine catsuit as a costume option?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    There are currently several problems with icons in the tailor UI. These problems started with "Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts".

Holodeck ticket 4,233,121: Incorrect face, hair, and preview icons in the tailor
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I'm uncertain if Ship Tailor issues should be counted, but when I recently used one to redesign my Sovereign Class T6 (WizKids Promotional item), it went kind of messy.

The first problem is that the design of the ship resets to default settings each time I "inspect" it's appearance in the tailor.

Not sure if the second problem is connected, but occasionally the windows of the ship will flash bright red, green, blue, purple in rapid sequence before returning to their normal color.
    Sometimes it does this 3-4 times in succession.
    This is not in tailor, it's in gameplay/sector space.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • singularaxlionsingularaxlion Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I've noticed for a while now, the last couple sets of winter jackets, in particular the short versions of Mistletoe, Frost, Rustler, Gumdrop, and Sugar Plum, they all seem to be using the wrong textures, as compared to the first sets of the jackets (Brown, Black, White, Red, and Green). As visible in the attached linked image, compared to the earlier jackets, the newer ones have an extra pair of buckles that look squashed, plus the sides, normally obscured by a belt, just continue down to the bottom edge rather than there being something between. I'm thinking what's happened here is they're mapped to the Long Jacket's version of the texture, rather than what was done with the first ones.

Image of winter jackets Brown, Frost, Mistletoe, Rustler, and Sugar Plum.
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    IDK if this has been mentioned before (and I'm not about to scroll through 68 pages to look) but the Romulan Armored EV suit (the Veteran/LTS reward one) does not display the pelvis and legs for males. Females show fine: but on male toons, It looks like they put their pants on over the suit. Helmet, torso, arms, boots feet all there... legs: pants.
    newstosiggy.png
    @callevista

What happened to the Drawn Back Ponytail hairstyle for male characters??? It's now Drawn Back Pony High Forehead? While I do like the new option, the original seems to have been removed altogether. This makes it impossible for those of us who used the original version to edit our characters without losing the original hairstyle. Is there a chance we can get both Drawn Back Pony hairstyles in the Tailor?
    GrWzQke.png
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Don't know if this was mentioned yet but the temporal battle suit and helmet can only be won by the Captain. The bridge officers can wear the helmet but the uniform option is greyed out.

I just discovered this myself. I was of course hoping that after grinding and upgrading my whole away team to Temporal Agents and saving up all those marks for that fancy temporal battlesuit, we would finally all be dressed the same. Oh well we live and learn....I probably should have read the description a few more times and not just assume it would be an account unlock. Now, about this helmet you speak of....I didn't see that but am heading in that direction after I post this :-)

Update - Well thanks for the headsup on the helmet's shrimphead2015. My away team and myself are now sporting shiny new temporal helmets!
    Post edited by kf4tvi on
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    @callevista

What happened to the Drawn Back Ponytail hairstyle for male characters??? It's now Drawn Back Pony High Forehead? While I do like the new option, the original seems to have been removed altogether. This makes it impossible for those of us who used the original version to edit our characters without losing the original hairstyle. Is there a chance we can get both Drawn Back Pony hairstyles in the Tailor?

For some reason, the old Drawn Back Ponytail was removed when they put in the high forehead version. There was no logical reason for it to be taken away, as the high version was put in for "new" Klingons, while the regular version is more appropriate for TOS era Klingons.

I wish they'd add it back in as well. Always in favor of more customization options.

@callevista

For some reason, the old Drawn Back Ponytail was removed when they put in the high forehead version. There was no logical reason for it to be taken away, as the high version was put in for "new" Klingons, while the regular version is more appropriate for TOS era Klingons.

I wish they'd add it back in as well. Always in favor of more customization options.

Yes, I like the new High Forehead version for some of my ridgeheaded Klingons. I do have, though, a Klingon toon that I took advantage of the Augment style forehead and new TOS uniforms, that uses the original Drawn Back ponytail. But this issue doesn't just affect Klingons. It's all characters that used the original version that now cannot be edited without losing that hairstyle. I just hope they'll add it back in and give us both versions.
    GrWzQke.png
  • darkdamnaithdarkdamnaith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I found some issues with the Exo III outfit.
    1. When the stomach slider is at minimum the top doesn't match properly with the pants.
    2. The pants have a split at the lower legs, but any leg that should show up is invisble.

148510633635069900_resized.jpg
    Alright, so in addition to the Knitted Winter Caps and the Sphere Builder Hoods (which I reported previously in the thread a long while ago), I'll go ahead and add the Zambean and Ithenite head covering options as not unlocking for a number of playable species, including Orion males.

Wasting my EC for bug reporting so you don't have to. You can thank me later.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    So, when used on Remans the Exo III suit makes the whole bondy invisible
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2017

-EDIT: Nevermind, someone already posted it
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    So I finally caved and traded the price of approximately three human souls to buy the ST: Enterprise era M.A.C.O. uniform, and I have to say, it's worth it. However, there are three major concerns that I think should be addressed.

One, no badges, ranks, or other uniform accessories. That's really weird, since other uniforms have received custom items for these categories, including the standard ST: Enterprise uniform and its Mirror Universe variant. You couldn't take the time to add a simple M.A.C.O. patch and a few rank patches? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Second, and this is a personal problem I have with the tailor system as a whole, certain pieces of the uniform (backpack, belt, and boots) are locked to each other when you change the color of one of them. If you change one, you change them all. That shouldn't be the case with any uniform, even if the canon appearance of those parts of the uniform is the same. We should always have the opportunity to change any color on any part of the uniform, independently from any other part. Why this is still not the case is beyond me.

Finally, the backpack and belt pieces of the uniform both have parts which we can't change the color of at all, even when you switch to another piece, edit its colors, and return to the M.A.C.O. piece. The belt itself (you can change the color of its pouches and other accessories), and the backpack's straps, are permanently the default tan color that is present on certain uniform pieces when you switch to them for the first time. In the show, these straps are black, and it looks really odd if they aren't. Can you please fix that part of the uniform category to give it color options?

Another gripe of mine is that there's no way to recreate the camouflage used in the show. You can get close, but not quite perfect. In the show, it's a sort of bluish gray base, with reddish brown and light gray streaks throughout it. In the game, you can change the color of the base uniform and the camo streaks, as well as the trimmings that are also reddish brown in the show. To accurately represent the pattern seen on the show, there would need to be two streak patterns with separate color options. Small thing, but I would still like to see that. Also, I'd love to see the black vest worn on the Mirror Universe M.A.C.O. uniforms.

In an unrelated note, if anyone has any idea how to obtain that M.A.C.O. particle rifle (the one that's been on display in the ESD market section for a long time now), I'd really love to know where and how, if it's been added at all.

Here is a picture of the uniform from the show, for reference.

maco_reference_sheet_by_groovygoddess.jpg
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    enoemg wrote: »
    Second, and this is a personal problem I have with the tailor system as a whole, certain pieces of the uniform (backpack, belt, and boots) are locked to each other when you change the color of one of them. If you change one, you change them all. That shouldn't be the case with any uniform, even if the canon appearance of those parts of the uniform is the same. We should always have the opportunity to change any color on any part of the uniform, independently from any other part. Why this is still not the case is beyond me.

Dude, that's nothing... Eyebrow and hair color are partially locked together, and the biggest kicker is that on females, eye color and makeup color are inextricably locked together.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    Dude, that's nothing... Eyebrow and hair color are partially locked together, and the biggest kicker is that on females, eye color and makeup color are inextricably locked together.

Oh, I'm well aware. I really hate the tailor system as it is now, it really needs a major update. I just listed that there because this uniform once again reminded me of that particular problem. Also, I was actually wrong. The boots of the M.A.C.O. uniform are now independent, and can be colored as such. Backpack and belt are still linked, as are dozens of other things across dozens of tailor categories.

Oh, I'm well aware. I really hate the tailor system as it is now, it really needs a major update. I just listed that there because this uniform once again reminded me of that particular problem. Also, I was actually wrong. The boots of the M.A.C.O. uniform are now independent, and can be colored as such. Backpack and belt are still linked, as are dozens of other things across dozens of tailor categories.

Oh my personal favorite is the gloves from the Intelligence Uniform. They have four colors. Guess what the fourth color is linked to? Your character's skin color.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User

Oh my personal favorite is the gloves from the Intelligence Uniform. They have four colors. Guess what the fourth color is linked to? Your character's skin color.

I believe that that's actually intentional, since the gloves are supposed to be fingerless. If you google all of the marketing images, they have skin toned fingers in each shot.
    That makes no sense in terms of game design, as the fingerless gloves by their very definition do not have fingers. It would be like STO taking the Mirror Jupiter shorts and forcing you to choose a base color and then a color for the legs which don't exist.

Things I want in STO:

Okay, why can I not wear a hat and an eye accessory at the same time?

Things I want in STO:

Player characters, bridge officers, and NPCs have low-resolution faces if "Lighting 2.0" is turned off. This problem started after the patch on March 9, 2017. Please see the bug report below.

Holodeck ticket 4,378,482: Low-resolution faces when "Lighting 2.0" is turned off
    qVpg1km.png
    My friend, who doesn't post on the forums, asked me to post this. The Exo III outfit currently clips with the torso. Please look up the following ticket for the full bug report:

Holodeck ticket 4,385,868: Exo III outfit clips with the torso

The ticket above contains the character name, the account name, and the name of the outfit slot.

See the thread below for screenshots.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1229628/exo-iii-outfit-clips-with-the-torso
    qVpg1km.png
  • j0nah11j0nah11 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've noticed the eye shadow tattoos, basilisk and flair, aren't available to my trill character. Is this an engine limitation or something? I wouldn't think so, since most of the other tattoo options are available. Would be great to have these available to all races!
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    what is this doing on the oddessy dress variant uniform, i am talking about the multicolored line left from the medals and underneath the chest border
    dHfoA6v.jpg
    what is this doing on the oddessy dress variant uniform, i am talking about the multicolored line left from the medals and underneath the chest border
    dHfoA6v.jpg

If you're referring to the tassel decoration, it's part of the TOS Dress Uniform medals.
    GrWzQke.png
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    dHfoA6v.jpg

If you're referring to the tassel decoration, it's part of the TOS Dress Uniform medals.

No, I think he means the weirdly distorted line beneath the lower gold band of the dividing line running across the chest. It's like a set of differently coloured blocks in a row.
    I need a beer.

dHfoA6v.jpg

No, I think he means the weirdly distorted line beneath the lower gold band of the dividing line running across the chest. It's like a set of differently coloured blocks in a row.

Ah! I see it now. Perhaps it's the texture.
    GrWzQke.png
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    idk, looks like a faulty texture.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I saw someone with the Vaadwaur Jedi robe, and a matching hood that was perfectly-suited to being worn with that Jedi robe. When I asked where he got that hood, he said he is not quite sure, but THINKS it comes from the Zambean uniform.

1: Is that true?

2: Are Caitians and Ferasans able to wear that hood without any glitches? Due to how cat ears go right through the Vedek hood, and the winter Knitted hat deletes the beard, I want to know if the Zambean hood works correctly before I even consider dropping Credits on it.

3: Would I be able to get a lower price if I buy directly from someone, as opposed to Exchange rates?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    Okay, I get the idea of your character having access to more costume pieces than the bridge officers. It makes sense. You're the captain, and with rank comes privileges.

However, as I discovered with my Ferasan character last night, why oh why do my bridge officers have access to more costume pieces than my captain?

I am specifically referring to the shoulder pads. My bridge officers all have access to the Klingon Layered Decorated shoulder pads, but the captain does not.

Things I want in STO: