test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
One of my favorite aspects of STO is the Tailor, specifically: character customization and the "collecting" of costumes. I have purchased, earned, or otherwise acquired every costume piece/set released. I have 120 costume slots unlocked on my account (114 of them in-use by my main character). Call me a fashionista. Call me crazy. But playing "virtual dress-up" is something I enjoy in this game. :P

However, as with any system created by imperfect man, there are issues from time-to-time. I had originally created this thread to list my personal pet peeves about the Tailor, but more and more people started adding their own problems. So the list grew. Then, amazingly, the Devs started participating, and some bugs were squashed. Over time more have appeared and more have fallen. While I no longer maintain an on-going list of issues, I'm proud to say this thread has gone on just fine without it.
For best results: If you'd like to add your own bugs to the thread, be sure to include:
  • Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant).
  • Is the problem affecting a Captain or Bridge Officer?
  • Your submitted bug-ticket number, if you have one.
  • Links to pictures (but do not embed photos themselves, see below).
  • Then include any other detailed information about the problem.

This info is vital to help the devs track down problems. *Especially* important is to include the name@handle of the affected character(s). Because costumes are built differently for each of the many types of character models for gender, race, and yes, even faction, what is buggy for you and your character, might not be a problem for my character or the dev's character. Being able to look specifically at YOUR problem helps them find and fix the issue.

Please keep it civil and above all, on topic. This is not a complaint thread, it's about working with the Devs to get things fixed. Also, please DO NOT include the pictures directly in the thread, just post links to your photos. Too many photos makes the thread hard to read (especially when people start quoting/re-posting the pix). Here are instructions for how to share a picture in your post.

Lastly, if/when you find a bug has been resolved (especially if you were the one to report it), please do post that it's fixed and maybe even give a little thanks.

Live Long and Prosper!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Romulan 22nd Century Uniform Issues

Current Status: Resolved as of Jan 30, 2014.

The problem is that the top doesn't use the same color pallet as the rest of the uniform (especially the Sash).

The Upper uses the Federation Standard color pallet, while the Sash and other parts of the uniform use the Off Duty Pastel pallet. With the latter OD pallet we can get nearly identical to what was shown on the TV show and what's in the C-Store now, that would be ideal to use that, but either pallet would do, so long as all pieces matched.

The product was advertised in this Cryptic Sample Image included in the costume blog and similar to what was posted in the Legacy Pack page. It is apparent the pieces match-up.

The July 11, 2013 Release Notes mention these uniforms "should now allow proper tinting for all pieces and color palates for all items should now match each other." It was reported by multiple forum posts, the same day, after the patch and I opened ticket ID #1,870,122 that the issue still exists.

The Holodeck Aug 15, 2013 Release Notes read: TOS Romulan Uniform color palettes have been updated. While the top does not have the same palette, more colors may now be matched. The pallets that don't match: Upper/Sash haven't been changed at all. They are still Fed Standard and OD Pastel as described above. Opened another ticket advising still broken ID #1,930,772.

As an additional note, these should be renamed 23rd Century Uniforms, or better yet Romulan TOS Uniforms. It also would be nice if female characters could use the helmet.

The Jan 30, 2014 listed more fixes with the uniform, and I finally got a chance to log in yesterday and test them out. Yay! Finally fixed! :)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited August 2013
    Romulan Republic 1 Uniform Top Clipping

Current Status: Resolved as of Oct 24, 2013.

This used to be my favorite Romulan Uniform, but with the July 25, 2013 update to Holodeck the uniform got broken. It appears a new undershirt (part of the RR2 uni?) was added and is clipping with the original top. Here are before and after pictures. The before as the costume appeared at LoR launch and up until the July 25 update, the latter showing where it now clips (highlighted by white circles).

The problem was reported by multiple Tribble forum posts and on July 16, 2013, via Tribble ticket ID #42,206.

On Aug 21, 2013 Brandon replied in another thread that he had talked to the "team and they are aware and hope to have a resolution for it out in a future patch -- I don't have an ETA to provide, unfortunately."

On Oct 07, 2013 player Ruinsfate sent a tweet to Brandon, who replied "team is investigating".

Current Status: Oct 18, 2013 - Fixed on Tribble (S8): "Resolved an issue with clipping for the Female Romulan Republic Upper uniform #1 piece."
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=886641

Oct 23, 2013 - Fixed on RedShirt, meaning it's likely to hit Holodeck before S8 (possibly even very soon)!
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=890741

:D:D

edited August 2013
    TNG Split Pants Bug

Current Status: Resolved as of Aug 15, 2013.

The pants have odd lines in them, especially near the feet. Also the color of the pants seems off too. Sample pics here and here.

They once could be a nice dark black that would match/blend with the top, when it was black. Now the pants can't get as dark as the top, it's got a hint of grey in it. Looking at it more closely... It's almost as if the TNG pants got merged with the Enterprise jumpsuit pants.

This was posted by nameisstolen to the forums on July 11, 2013.

• cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think this a brilliant idea of a thread and i hope the Devs pay attention.

I mostly play STO because i have a weakness for Trek Art, so the uniforms and ships designs getting messed up really bothers me.

I won't be buying any of the Rom Uniforms until they are fixed.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
    edited August 2013
    Romulan Republic have Inconsistent Tailor Pallets and Color Squares that are Broken, Extra, or Missing
    Colour palettes for Romulans make no discernible sense at all. Some costume pieces have the new "Romulan Vibrant" pallet, other parts (even of the same uniform) use the Federation "Standard", while others use Off-Duty Pastel, KDF Drab, or even new "Mini-Khaki" pallets. Some items offer a pallet of only one color (some boots, for example).

Pallets vary greatly by captain race, BOff race, gender, etc. There is no apparent consistency at all.

Also, many of the clothing items available to the KDF have extra color squares that have no apparent affect. Other items are missing squares when worn by certain races/genders/BOffs, so are limited in their color selection (ie Workman boots that can only be black).

Specific photo examples are coming soon.

edited August 2013
    Klingon Bortasqu Uniform Issues

Current Status: Resolved as of Season 9.5 when the missing parts (and more/new ones!) were added to the costume. (Note that I think there's still a color pallet issue, but I need to double-check that).
    The Bortasqu uniform is missing the Shoulder Pads and I believe the Sash displayed on the mannequin near the First City Tailor. Also the Wrist Attachments color selection is "broken" - There are certain color squares that should be changing the color of the metal, and others that should be changing the color of the inner parts (the "leather"?), but instead they are changing the top-half and bottom-half of the attachment.

May 2, 2014 Update:
    Callevista posted that there are upcoming plans to resolve this.

edited August 2013
    Nausicaan Risian Beachcomber Collar Bug

Current Status: Resolved as of Apr 22, 2014.
    I was trying to add my new Risian Beachcomber outfit to my KDF Nausicaan Captain, but there's a bug. I'm forced to take the bright red "KDF Holiday 2012" scarf. I can't unselect it, because on the Off Duty Uniform page, the Collar option is missing.

I tried switching to Uniform and selecting another scarf or even one of the two Armored collars, then switching back to Off Duty, but it doesn't help. No matter what I select for a Collar option on any of the uniform slot types, when I switch back to Off Duty, the KDF Holiday 2012 scarf reappears.

And what's worse, the scarf it clipping terribly with the Risian Explorer top.

Here's a screenshot showing the scarf, clipping, and lack of collar option.

Aug 19, 2013 Update:
    It's been pointed out that Nausicaans are unable to not select a collar, that it's a mandatory piece of clothing, regardless of outfit chosen, and this should be corrected.

Apr 23, 2014 Update:
    Last night while trying out the new Season 9, I noticed this bug is resolved. There is now a Collar option on my Nausicaan's Off Duty clothes that includes "None". This was not mentioned in the S9 Release Notes, and I seem to recall seeing something about collar options mentioned in previous notes, but after a quick search I could not find exactly when the fix was implemented. That's ok, it's done/fixed. Yay!

edited August 2013
    Risian Flower Packs Color Pallets
    The color pallets on these costume items are inconsistent. For a Fed Male character, the Head, Neck, Wrist, Leg, and Ankle pieces all use the Off Duty Pastel Pallet, the Belt uses the Fed Standard Pallet.

Also, each flower piece offers four color squares, but the fourth as no apparent affect.

Specific photo examples are coming soon.

edited August 2013
    Jupiter Veteran Belt Loop Colors Can't Be Changed
    The belt loops are stuck on a default grey color, and there's no option to change them (as seen here). You can see there are options for the belt color (shown in green), and the buckle (in red), but the loops can not be adjusted to match the jacket.

In the upper right-corner inset of the picture you can see that the standard (non-veteran) Jupiter Belt not only has a color option for the belt loops, but also the ability to control the buckle frame. It would be nice to have this on the Veteran as well, but I'd be happy with at least making my belt loops match the jacket being worn.

This is an old problem having been around since the costume made it's debut.

edited August 2013
    Wrath of Khan Uniform Issues

Current Status: Resolved as of Nov 13, 2013.
    The rank insignia is broken. It is stuck showing only the Captain's pip (it can't be changed), and it appears to be floating above/misaligned with the uniform. The shoulder strap is likewise crooked.

edited August 2013
    Fed-Aligned Romulans can not wear Fleet Odyssey Uniform

Current Status: Special. See below.
    My Fed-Aligned Romulan (Female Liberated Borg) is a member of a Federation Fleet. That fleet uses the Odyssey Uniform (sold in the Star Base) as their standard Fleet Uniform. My Romulan character was allowed to purchase the Odyssey uniform, but it's not available in the Tailor for her to wear.

If you're going to force Romulans to align with Feds/KDF and join their fleets, then give them the same fleet features. During Fleet meetings, my Romulan is unable to be in uniform, which hampers esprit de corps.

Or if you're not going to fix this, please remove the option for Romulans to purchase these costumes (or at least put a very large disclaimer in there that they can't wear them) and refund my Fleet Credits/Dilithium.

Although I don't have a KDF-aligned Romulan yet, I wonder if a similar issue exists with their Bortasqu uniforms...

Aug 29, 2013 Update - "Resolved" by Cryptic:
    • The standard Odyssey and Bortasqu' Basic Uniforms can no longer be purchased by Romulan captains in their Starbases and Embassies.
      • Romulan captains who have already purchased the uniform will continue to be able to use the respective uniform on respective ally bridge officers.
      • Romulan captains who have not already purchased the uniform have the ability to purchase a Bridge Crew version in their Starbases and Embassies once unlocked.
        • The uniform price is half the cost of the normal version.
        • Only respective ally bridge officers can wear the uniform.
      • Romulans allied with the KDF will no longer be able to apply the Bortasqu' uniform to their captain.
        • Captains already wearing the Bortasqu' uniform will not have the uniform removed unless they actively choose to modify the uniform at a tailor.

I am unsatisfied with this "resolution":
    1) As a Romulan I'm forced to join either a Fed or KDF ally, and their respective fleet. As a member of a Fed Fleet that uses the Odyssey for their Fleet Uniform, I can not match the rest of my fleetmates.
    2) I already paid the full price for the Odyssey uniform before it was known I couldn't wear it, and I wasn't offered any sort of refund for the "BO Only" half-price version that I'm being forced to take.

However, I'm certain the matter is closed as far as Cryptic is concerned, and it's just not worth wasting any more effort over. Oh well.

:(

edited August 2013
    Reman Headgear Clips with Hood

Current Status: Unresolved (as of Oct 28, 2013).

The Holodeck July 25, 2013 Release Notes read: "The Reman Headgear has been adjusted to prevent clipping." I just checked the Tailor. Female Reman appear to be fine, no clipping with the hood. Male Reman using Reman Eyewear 2 are bugged with extreme clipping with the Reman hood. Not fixed. Submitted ticket ID #1,930,895.

Here's a picture showing the clipping:
    http://i.imgur.com/q5hBALA.jpg

History:
    Oct 28, 2013 - I was working on a new Reman captain and I was reminded/re-encountered this bug. It's still in the game.

edited August 2013
    KHG Armor Issues (Missing Be'ves Top and Helmet)

Current Status: Resolved (as of April 22, 2014).
    Character Name: Alira@PatricianVetinari
    Faction, Race, Gender: KDF Orion Female
    Completed Costume Unlock Projects:
    - Costume Unlock: Honor Guard Style 2 (Acquire KHG Mk XII Set)
    - Costume Unlock: Honor Guard Style 3 (Complete All Elite Optionals)
    Missing Pieces:
    - Honor Guard Be'ves option
    - Honor Guard Hos Pieces (Helmet, Arm/Leg Accessories)
    Notes:
    I do have the basic Honor Guard Helmet that came with my Costume Style 2 Unlock, however I'm missing the Be'ves "Cleavage Window" chest piece that's supposed to come with the Style 3 unlock. Also, I believe there are supposed to be other "Hos" pieces (Helmet variant, Arm/Leg Accessories) that should unlock with the Style 3 Project, and I also didn't get those. All relevant accolades/armor acquisition was completed after LoR via the Rep system for this character.

History:
    Jan 15, 2013 - Reported by Phoenicius, et al, in this thread, and later the same day Borticuscryptic posted requesting more info.

Apr 11, 2013 - Borticuscryptic started a thread about the issue. He posted a reply on Jul 18, 2013 with an update.

Aug 12, 2013 - While the issue has existed for many months, I encounter it for the first time on the above toon, making this post and submitting Holodeck ticket ID #1,924,053.

Oct 10, 2013 - Borticuscryptic provided an update here, basically saying that they are aware of Omega Rep Costume Issues, haven't thus far found a fix, and they might be able to look into it soon.

Mar 29, 2014 - Borticuscryptic admonishes the posters in the Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects thread (he started back about a year ago) regarding too much bumping (see here). He does also say that there is a change to Omega Costume Unlocks (and all Reputation costumes) coming to Tribble very soon.

Apr 2, 2014 - Borticuscryptic explains in detail the two different issues with the Omega Armor costumes and their paths to solution. He indicates my specific issue as a secondary problem to be eventually (not by S9) fixed on a case-by-case basis, and further recognizes this post as an example of how to post needed data.

Apr 22, 2014 - Additional chatting occurred in the above threads leading up to Season 9, but with the launch of S9 fixes and work-arounds were introduced that unlocked my missing costume pieces. Thanks!

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let's not forget the KDF costume slots which become unusable (cannot wear, rename, or edit) over time.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    edited August 2013
    I think this a brilliant idea of a thread and i hope the Devs pay attention. I mostly play STO because i have a weakness for Trek Art...
    Thanks. Clearly I feel your pain. I do plan to keep this regularly updated. I long for Dev attention as well. I guess we'll see.
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Let's not forget the KDF costume slots which become unusable (cannot wear, rename, or edit) over time.
    I have not (yet?) experienced this. I added to the OP Under Investigation area. Can you provide any more details? Thanks.

edited August 2013
    I have not (yet?) experienced this. I added to the OP Under Investigation area. Can you provide any more details? Thanks.
    Unusable Costume Slots
    Character Name: Miala@Jeff-El
    Faction, Race, Gender: KDF Orion Female
    Affected Costumes (in-game name):
    • Jeff-el_Miala
    • Qo'noS Guard
    • Slave Girl
    • Honor Guard
    • Holiday
    • Honor Guard (a second costume with the same name)
    Notes:
    These costumes have become completely unusable. If I visit the tailor to edit them, I can make changes, but they will not save. If I try to rename the outfit, it will not save. If I try to Wear the outfit (either within or outside of the tailor), my character's current outfit will not change.

The issue has been previously discussed here.
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    edited August 2013
    Soft Boots are Missing from the Tailor

Current Status: Resolved Sep 12, 2013
    The Soft Boots on my existing uniforms are still in the game (as visible here), but as soon as I go into Modify the uniform they get changed to Combat Boots and the Soft Boots are not available on the list (as seen here). They are also not available if I create a new uniform.

Submitted ticket ID #1,925,576.

• sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Would it kill the game to let BOffs wear off-duty outfit options? Or better yet just ditch the whole Off-Duty/Uniform division and let me put all my unlocked outfits on whoever I want?

Oh, and I don't know if anyone else has ever mentioned this a thousand times before but MY KDF MARAUDER BOFF'S OUTFIT STILL CAN'T BE CHANGED!! :mad:

Thank you.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
    edited August 2013
    ...These costumes have become completely unusable. If I visit the tailor to edit them, I can make changes, but they will not save. If I try to rename the outfit, it will not save. If I try to Wear the outfit, my character's current outfit will not change...
    Thanks for the details! Are you able to change outfits outside the Tailor (using the Change Uniform menu)?
    sander233 wrote: »
    Would it kill the game to let BOffs wear off-duty outfit options? Or better yet just ditch the whole Off-Duty/Uniform division and let me put all my unlocked outfits on whoever I want?
    Good suggestion I've wished for in the past. Thanks for reminding me. I've added these to the OP Suggestion area.
    sander233 wrote: »
    ...Oh, and I don't know if anyone else has ever mentioned this a thousand times before but MY KDF MARAUDER BOFF'S OUTFIT STILL CAN'T BE CHANGED!!
    I've added to the Under Investigation bit of the OP and will check it out when I can.

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This thread is awesome. Well awesome in the fact that it's a centralized place to gather problems with the tailor and not awesome because there's so much wrong with the tailor right now LOL.

Anyways I'd like to add a few things if possible.

On my Fed aligned Liberated Borg Romulan male, the Fed-Rom boots have no color palette at all. The boots are stuck in one shade of brown and cannot be changed colors. I can get screenshots of this if needed.

Under suggestions: beards/facial hair for Romulans!

(Hey I'm nothing if not persistent when it comes to beards for Romulans. :P)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited August 2013
    Update: I have added a subheading to the OP: Resolved Issues/Suggestions Implemented.

There's nothing there now, but let's say... I'm hopeful.

:o
    lan451 wrote: »
    This thread is awesome.
    Thanks! I felt a centralized/detailed hub of info was needed. Unfortunately so, as you've described.
    ...On my Fed aligned Liberated Borg Romulan male, the Fed-Rom boots have no color palette at all. The boots are stuck in one shade of brown and cannot be changed colors. I can get screenshots of this if needed.
    When I flesh out the Romulan Republic Inconsistent Tailor Pallets topic I would have brought up the mono-chrome boots. I had already listed: "Some items offer a pallet of only one color" with them in mind, but went ahead and added temporarily: "(some boots, for example)". Again, I'll be fleshing that out with examples/pictures. Any pix you can supply would be helpful.
    Under suggestions: beards/facial hair for Romulans!
    Added.

edited August 2013
    Are you able to change outfits outside the Tailor (using the Change Uniform menu)?
    Nope. I'll add that to my post.
    edited August 2013
    Nope. I'll add that to my post.
    Ok, thanks. Man, that issue would suck. I've updated my OP with a link to your info. It's still Under Investigation until I can confirm it myself. I'll get in and tinker with my KDFers when I get a chance.

• canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not sure if it's something you'd consider worth bringing up, but...

Anytime you go in to modify an Off-Duty or otherwise not-Uniform costume you'll be dumped into one of the default uniform costumes. Sometimes it'll even reset all appearance settings to the character creation default for whatever species your captain is.
    There was a brief period (one or two weeks tops) after LoR launched when this wasn't an issue but it went right back to being one almost immediately.
    edited August 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's something you'd consider worth bringing up, but...

Anytime you go in to modify an Off-Duty or otherwise not-Uniform costume you'll be dumped into one of the default uniform costumes...
    Oh yeah... That ol' bug. It goes in there with other "buggy UI" issues in STO that I'm so used to using "work arounds" by default now, such that I can't even remember exactly what it is I do, I just do it.

Heh.

Let me try and quantify how I want to describe it and I'll add it to the bug list. Thanks!

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to add manes and M'ress style hair for Caitians and Ferasans.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited August 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I would like to add manes and M'ress style hair for Caitians and Ferasans.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean you'd like to add them... Are they bugged? Do you mean to suggest them? Can you provide more info/details/pictures, please?

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From today's patch notes:
    * The Honor Guard costume no longer has a gap in the abdomen for Orion Females.

Not actually fixed. They got my hopes up that they were actually going to look at a problem with a KDF costume. Then dashed those hopes.

Screenshot taken a few minutes ago. Fortunately the winter belts line up with the hole.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can I add Romulan lower choices clipping with the long winter coat (I have the "white" but really grey one on mine because they look good with Tal Shiar chest gear).
    I have tried all variants and some are more noticeable than others if you have a strong colour for the trousers. ALL belt options seem to clip badly too (almost as though they designed the Romulan Federation belt to be ONLY used with Romulan Federation top and bottoms) and the Reman options with the coat are just awful.
    I can't seem to get screenshots of tailor to work but I'll try again and edit to add shots, if that is helpful.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• edtheheroedthehero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice work with this thread. :)

Here are some issues that have been mentioned many times in the forums:

1. Omega rep gear helmets (MACO, Adapted MACO, Omega Force, HG) not accessible in the Tailor (Head section).
    2. Romulans can't use the Omega Force ground set costume, which is faction-neutral.
    3. Female thighs get significantly skinnier when wearing certain skirts (22nd century Rom, Sierra, KDF Warrior skirt, etc.) while calves remain unchanged, therefore becoming disproportionate.
    4. For Trills, the spots are not continuous between the face and shoulders; there's a blank area in-between. Can be seen very clearly when wearing low- or wide-collar tops such as the TOS mirror "sportsbra", the Counselor top, etc.

Just some that come to mind.
    Captain Selek - Vulcan (TAC Lvl 50) - U.S.S. Chimera (Fleet Heavy Escort Carrier NCC-92810) / Captain Krell - Liberated Borg Klingon (TAC Lvl 50) - I.K.S. Nogh'Sar (Fleet Qin Heavy Raptor) / Commander Kel'ara Teerel - Romulan (ENG Lvl 50) - R.R.W. Silverhawk (Fleet T'Varo Light Warbird Retrofit) / Fed Fleet: Section 31 / KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence / Romulan Fleet (Fed): Romulan Intelligence / STO Handle: @ed583