test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MVAE Vector cooldowns reduced - Thanks Cryptic!

captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Federation Discussion
I noticed last night that the cooldowns are down to 3 minutes - which is excellent.

Just thought I'd point this out.
Post edited by captainkoltar on

Comments

• jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can confirm the good man is right in that regard; when a multi-vector is activated, it will start a 3-minute cooldown on all the other vector commands - this means you get a 3 minute rotation for your "pseudo frigate", and since the LoR update allow any non-hangar pets to remain on battlefield even after death, it actually becoem more useful.

Also, the buff was applied to Haakona.
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    Even though I no longer have a Fed and thus don't fly the C-store MVAE that I have access to, I can agree that the previous cooldown was extremely annoying. You ended up being more or less committed to the selected mode for the majority of a mission, unless you wanted to go back to standard. Since the MVAE was clearly designed to do most of its fighting in Multi-Vector Mode, it never seemed to make much sense to have such a long cooldown on the modes.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2013
    This may make me take this ship out of space dock again, especially when the Star base unlocks it's Fleet variant.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This might make the ship viable again. Does all three options go on the same three minute cooldown?
    320x240.jpg
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    never knew this and i think i will take mine out of storage and see how it goes
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, it looks like this missed the patch notes somehow, but all Multi-Vector Separation and Saucer Separation consoles are now on a 3 minute recharge, just like any other console. I'll look into how this managed not to get patch noted - it's a fairly substantial QoL fix that we wanted to make for ships that can separate, like the Galaxy or the Ha'akona.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    good news. but a bit redundant seeing as we keep out unseperated state when we die, unless we change maps, now. im not sure why the cooldown for separations isn't as short as the vet ship transformation consoles honestly.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, it looks like this missed the patch notes somehow, but all Multi-Vector Separation and Saucer Separation consoles are now on a 3 minute recharge, just like any other console...

Any other console? Are the vet ship console powers going to be reduced to 3 minutes from 5?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any other console? Are the vet ship console powers going to be reduced to 3 minutes from 5?

Good point.. Another would be the ablative armor on intrepid which I believe is like 10 minutes lol.
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bruccy wrote: »
    never knew this and i think i will take mine out of storage and see how it goes

3 minutes is just the general rule for Universal Consoles on C-store or Lobi ships. I'll ask Geko about the Vet Ship consoles, but of course that general rule will always have some exceptions. The main point of my post was that yes, the MVAM and Saucer Separation consoles are now 3 minute cooldowns, and no longer have 10 minute lockouts on the various toggle forms. :)
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good point.. Another would be the ablative armor on intrepid which I believe is like 10 minutes lol.

its still 3 mins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    3 minutes is just the general rule for Universal Consoles on C-store or Lobi ships. I'll ask Geko about the Vet Ship consoles, but of course that general rule will always have some exceptions. The main point of my post was that yes, the MVAM and Saucer Separation consoles are now 3 minute cooldowns, and no longer have 10 minute lockouts on the various toggle forms. :)

even 3 min is to long to me ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Does this mean that the console set bonus for the Odyssey now needs a buff since one of its effect is to reduce the cool down on the separations by 1 minute or does it reduce it less than 3?
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    when i've been using this lately, it isn't going on cooldown when i'm in ground mode, but it used too. Going from space to ground will stop the count, so jumping back into space will still have my abilities on a countdown before i can use them. Some of which has two counts, one is the number displayed and the second longer cooldown is the dimmed out icon emptying out. Is there anyway to get that put back on so cooldowns the numbers shown as well as still cooling down, even when i'm not on the ship?
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    This might make the ship viable again. Does all three options go on the same three minute cooldown?

The MVAE had ALWAYS been viable.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • otakuboytotakuboyt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great, now can we have commands for it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good news, I will put the console back on my Fleet MVAE :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just as I stop using the MVAM , LOL

Thanks Cryptic! (no sarcasm) :)
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited August 2013

can you ask geko about adding graviton pulse to inertial dampeners resistences? Is not used at all in PvE, and it ruins PvP (30 seconds debuff that can't be cleared...nothing works agaisnt it)

Sorry for the off-topic but after years of asking for it, i take a more spammy approach
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »
    can you ask geko about adding graviton pulse to inertial dampeners resistences? Is not used at all in PvE, and it ruins PvP (30 seconds debuff that can't be cleared...nothing works agaisnt it)

Sorry for the off-topic but after years of asking for it, i take a more spammy approach

With top end spec, you can get it to 55s.

55!!
  • o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2013
    I have a MVAE and noticed this as well, but thought it didn't really affect me, as I separate as soon as a match starts, and keep that separation until the end of the match.

Do people constantly switch between which mode they are fighting in?

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.