test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best most AMAZING BOFF EVER, THANK YOU CRYPTIC!!

chuzordie5chuzordie5 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Thank you Cryptic for D'Vex

releasing him from stasis in the Elachi mission was the best thing ever..

he easily replaced a purple quality engineering boff, even though he is only blue quality due to his ground trait..

BASIC VETERAN.. GROUP AVOIDANCE!!.. WOOTS
+15 to ALL RESISTS>>> OMG>> godlike.. better than a tribble buff

KUDOS CRYTIC TEAM!!!

:P
Post edited by chuzordie5 on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    just gave him a redo.. now he is less like a broken hugh hefner and more like a 90s disco kotaku from downtown tokyo.. same with Tovan.. redo .. made him more manly less chakotay.. he WAS redone as an old fat pervert.. lol.. but thats the fun of STO.. tweak those boffs.. make your team YOURS
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i need to look at there passives more i had no idea hmm looks like D'vex may be going on the ground with me
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    stealthriderstealthrider Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dumped him immediately. Not trainable, therefore worthless TRIBBLE like the others.

The one I replaced him with I got so attached to that I made him my XO. See, Devs? We don't need you handholding us, tellign us who our officers are. We can form attachments just fine thank you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    where are you schooling your people.. D'Vex IS trainable..

ROMS train on Romulus, KDF train at Qo'Nos, an starfleet train at a starfleet trainer..

once i figured that one out, after mission 1.. then they were all awesome boffs..

Tovan at times.. but he is still here for moral support..
  • Options
    tridentkillatridentkilla Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Point is, people like different things. No need to dump on someone else's thread. I still have all of them. I don't use D'vex much, but i never really considered a battle all about Boff skills anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dumped him immediately. Not trainable, therefore worthless TRIBBLE like the others.

The one I replaced him with I got so attached to that I made him my XO. See, Devs? We don't need you handholding us, tellign us who our officers are. We can form attachments just fine thank you.

you doing it wrong they are all very much trainable. i have changed most of D'vex's ground skills and 2 space skills .

either use another romulan boff or go to new romulus command
  • Options
    shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chuzordie5 wrote: »
    where are you schooling your people.. D'Vex IS trainable..

I think he means you can't trade them off to have someone else train them. Which is not even remotely a problem when they already come with some of the most sought-after skills, but whatever, to each their own.
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes he is a very good Bridge Officer.

He has a unique Space Trait that give +4 to Maneuvers,Targeting Systems,Energy Weapon Specialization, and Projectile Weapon Specialization.

He has a unique ground trait that gives the entire team +15 all damage resistance rating,dodge chance and avoidance.

He comes with Auxiliary to Structural III space ability.

Go to Romulan Command Center and you can train him in whatever ground or space bridge officer abilities you like.

Edit: Don't get rid of him because if you do their is no way to get him back because he is not listed as mission reward on replays of the mission.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i will say on the special bridge officers cryptic did try and give them some benefits to having them like special traits and powers that are hard to get normally.

but i also get why people do find them restrictive in there not being able to be traded and in tovan's case dismissable
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then why can't I train my Boggs at selected homework. I have a gorn and at qo'nos retraining him new skills just won't let me. It's blanked out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sounds like a bug as i have been able to train my boffs at ESD

send in a bug report or make thread int he forums in the bug section
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Back when I was levelling my Romulan I was basically sick off work with a fever. Didn't pay any attention to this amazing BoFF and dismissed him out of hand when making room for some Letheans. It wasn't until some fellow fleet members were raving about him I realised what I did.

Oops. :o
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they should stick him somewhere on the flotilla so you can re aquire him after the mission should you dismiss him.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    djcenglanddjcengland Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had spotted his special space trait and immediately promoted him, but damn; I didn't see that ground trait.

Looks like I'll be adjusting my away team.
  • Options
    ranchozoidbergranchozoidberg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool! I'm going to use him more now.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is a perfect example of why every STO player should support OPTIONAL BOffs (and making Tovan a BOff that can be dismissed).

It's great that many players like D'Vex, but I personally hated that BOff and got rid of him after a couple of episodes/missions. I just replaced him with another Romulan BOff from the Exchange.

Still, D'Vex is the perfect example of what all "mission reward" BOff's should be ... a BOff with good traits that can be heavily customized to fit your crew/play style AND can be dismissed if the player doesn't like the BOff.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    lord7tareqlord7tareq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this topic, I didn't pay attention to this boff and had him sitting inactive, that is about to change. Thankfully I didn't dismiss him.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only problem I have with D'Vex is that he should be D'Vexxia to fit in on the deck of my Hooters crew.
  • Options
    warzeriorwarzerior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    djcengland wrote: »
    I had spotted his special space trait and immediately promoted him, but damn; I didn't see that ground trait.

Looks like I'll be adjusting my away team.

Seconded!

I noticed the space trait and he quickly replaced Veril and the Aux2Struct III was wanted anyway (D'D/Haakona here).

However, THANK YOU for pointing out the ground trait, he's replaced Veril again.

Keep an eye out on your romulan BOFFs you get, I got a sci with Basic Rom Op and Subterfuge *awesome sauce*.
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited May 2013
    I noticed the traits as well and thought "shame it's not superior or even normal" +4 to the space skills doesn't make too much difference to me. I have 2 Liberated Borg, 1 Aenar and a Catian for ground so didn't feel the need for D'Vex to replace any of them. He's nice but I'd only use him if I could get multiple boffs with veteran trait so I could stack it. Even then I dunno if it would be better than the combo of subterfuge and superior romulan operative.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D'vex is by far my best engineer BOFF ever recieved he can really help clean house on the ground and he is also a great space boff so kudos cryptic for giving us that great boff and ptrevious owner of our first warbird.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone post the title of this mission? I think I somehow failed to release D'Vex when I did the mission, either that or its the last mission, The Last Stand, because I have not completed it yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    it is the last mission devil's choice
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    it is the last mission devil's choice

Ahh well that explains why I don't have the boff yet then I will try that mission again and see if I have any better luck this time around... seemed a tad difficult the first time I tried it but I have gained a few levels since then and have a better ship and it is equipped better.....