test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sarbase Fleet alert: Issue with Romulans

redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I'm sure every one is fimilar with this mission. 8 waves of random faction ships, then a Siege wave with a named "Boss" ship at the end and timer to beat. With all the other factions you face there is no issue. But now they have included the Romulans as a possible faction to face and thier "Boss" is a Scimitar. This ship cloaks for 20-30 seconds or more and it just runs out the timer on you and never let you attact it except for 5 -10 seconds and then it cloaks. This is a dirty trick Cryptic or just not well thought out. So we have a wave of ships to beat with a timer and the "Boss" ship just cloaks and runs the clock out. So unless you have several players on your PUG group that just happen to have anti-cloaking abilities or gear equiped then you are out of luck. Probible just better to leave the match and queu for another one vs waisting your time getting all the way to the end and failing the mission. I'm sure there will be troll post on this thread from players who say "I beat the Scimitar in 14 seconds! Your doing it wrong" But for the rest of us players it seems the mission could use some tweeking.
Post edited by redsnake721 on

Comments

• starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take Emergency Power to Auxiliary I. This grants enough stealth sight to penetrate Donatra's cloak in Khitomer: Vortex.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you didn't read it did you?

he said starbase... not khi
  • m4tth3wk4n3m4tth3wk4n3 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Take Emergency Power to Auxiliary I. This grants enough stealth sight to penetrate Donatra's cloak in Khitomer: Vortex.

Troll much bro?

The OP clearly states STARBASE FLEET ALERT...(thread title)

I concur with the OP; I just finished a Fleet alert on the fed side and we had the romulans. We killed each wave no problems and then the last SIege wave with a scimitar... (No, its NOT Donatra and her ship in Khitomer).

THe ship cloaked and de-cloaked 24 kilometers away, preparing to fire the thalaron thingeling (why at that range? It couldnt hit anything?). At that point we all stopped because we only had like 20 seconds left...

Suffice to say, we didnt make it.

2 days ago, the same thing...

It could use some tweaking...
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I say just get rid of the timer, it's stupid in any case to fail it when the starbase is in good health and the team is good and a tiny straggler or something managed to cause it to lose? Another one of the billions of ways that anything other than pure DPS in this game is demeaned.
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had something similar happen to me. I had to remind my teammates in team chat that we're still on a timer, and its behavior is exactly like KASE, so to stay at least 5km away and we might get it done.

Which we did, with about 15 seconds left.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same, drives me nuts