test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wahhhh everybody haxx

guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvP Gameplay
How dare pvpers use effective techniques go gain an advantage over their opponents! No skill! Real PvPers don't study the game to find the combination of abilities, equipment, and techniques to defeat their opponents. You're PVPing wrong because what you do works too well! God damn you all. Why can't you live with HONOR and just coast through life not trying to take any advantages over your competition? Why have you forgotten that the TRUE MEANING OF PVP is LOVE AND KINDNESS (and letting me win with outdated unsophisticated tactics)? It's the palyers' job to balance the game, especially in PvP, and anyone who tries to WIN a PvP match by pushing themselves to the limit of what the game can do is obviously a NOOB.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lonelder1983lonelder1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That sounds about right.
  • emp1591emp1591 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [rant]working as intended[/rant]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Working as intended"... 1 year later they "fix" it.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guriphu wrote: »
    How dare pvpers use effective techniques go gain an advantage over their opponents! No skill! Real PvPers don't study the game to find the combination of abilities, equipment, and techniques to defeat their opponents. You're PVPing wrong because what you do works too well! God damn you all. Why can't you live with HONOR and just coast through life not trying to take any advantages over your competition? Why have you forgotten that the TRUE MEANING OF PVP is LOVE AND KINDNESS (and letting me win with outdated unsophisticated tactics)? It's the palyers' job to balance the game, especially in PvP, and anyone who tries to WIN a PvP match by pushing themselves to the limit of what the game can do is obviously a NOOB.

I must say. If this is an attempt on trolling, kudos for a well-thought out, well written concievably intelligent rant. ;)
    /Floozy
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someone got killed by T'TRIBBLE
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well SORRY for shooting the orange circle. How terrible of me.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The attitude of the OP, is the reason I don't PvP...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The attitude of "Im being cheated" is why I hardly PvP anymore. STO made the mistake of not keeping a handle on things and Ive discovered RL again, now its hard to come back to the same old tired, beaten to pulp, tar and feather arguement.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • emp1591emp1591 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    The attitude of the OP, is the reason I don't PvP...

Sarcasm? If that's the case, you must not socialize much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Working as intended"... 1 year later they "fix" it.
    edited May 2013

Political.correctness killed competition.

R.I.P
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you're all winners to somebody
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i like pvp. i get my rear kicked routinely. i am impressed by the skills that some have in pvp. you cannot put a dent in their ship. they can take you out in one pass.

i have earned the best stuff. i read, research, ask, but i just can't compete with some of these guys. what do they know that i don't?? or is it just a matter of their playing skill being so much better than mine?

i may never know their secret, if there is one, but i will keep trying.
  • dummynamedummyname Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rdm1958 wrote: »
    i like pvp. i get my rear kicked routinely. i am impressed by the skills that some have in pvp. you cannot put a dent in their ship. they can take you out in one pass.

i have earned the best stuff. i read, research, ask, but i just can't compete with some of these guys. what do they know that i don't?? or is it just a matter of their playing skill being so much better than mine?

i may never know their secret, if there is one, but i will keep trying.

The secret is teamwork. Aside from decloaking aplhas with dem+bo stacking, kills don't happen much in arena pvp without coordinated alpha strikes and debuffs.
    24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I sincerely look forward to you reinstating ground Boot Camp soon mate.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dummyname wrote: »
    The secret is teamwork. Aside from decloaking aplhas with dem+bo stacking, kills don't happen much in arena pvp without coordinated alpha strikes and debuffs.

Yeah, I follow one of Thissler's alphastrike methods of BO + HY3 quantums + TB2 and maybe a complimentary doff-boosted VM1. It's usually pretty effective, though the best players can shrug it off regularly.

It's all about timing, and defensive abilities in this game are so strong that you HAVE to coordinate alphastrikes sometimes to kill folks, especially tanking healboats.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What a useless thread
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleroux wrote: »
    What a useless thread

What a useless post
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Get over yourself,this is just a pathetic attempt of 'washing away' your,and your fleet's,sins in PvP.Looking for broken game mechanics and then exploiting them is for you and your fleet a way of life.But then again winning is all that matters,not how you achieved that victory.
    and anyone who tries to WIN a PvP match by pushing themselves to the limit of what the game can do is obviously a NOOB

Oh yes,spawn camping really pushes you to the limit,it takes a lot of skill to win that way,some pretty complicated tactics there.You poor,misunderstood soul.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvP Hero? LOL

Real players only do STFs, because that's the way to go.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited May 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    What a useless post

Suits the thread.

Also, useless reply. :D
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleroux wrote: »
    Suits the thread.

Also, useless reply. :D

Useless response! ;)

If everybody hax. . . would that mean that it's not considered a hack?
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

edited May 2013
    oracion666 wrote: »
    Useless response! ;)

If everybody hax. . . would that mean that it's not considered a hack?

So, would not hacking become an exploit?
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly? Three years into the game and someone started another of these threads?

That horse is dead, beaten, buried, decomposed, and used for compost.

The only Rage and Tears allowed between now and Labor Day should involve the Romulans/Remans.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You all suck IMO...

REAL players don't use weapons. They use Ramming Speed & Go Down Fighting and headbutt everything near them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • devorasxdevorasx Member Posts: 693
    edited May 2013
    Oh how i miss full impulse+ramming speed.
    Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
  • chancejrchancejr Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why oh why is 'flatulate' not an emote in this game...
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You all suck IMO...

REAL players don't use weapons. They use Ramming Speed & Go Down Fighting and headbutt everything near them.

Silly Reg. REAL players sit back and let the pugs do all the work, while sipping tea and eating brownies. It's more fun watching all the rage on 'OP' skills and "HE HAXS" that way.

Shame, though. Outside matches you set up with friends and fleet mates, it's difficult to find people that are just in the match for fun. If I didn't know any better, I would think this had turned into work.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You are 100% right. Its the click on your ability that enables the horrible AMS, the even worse Scramble sensors, just fly around with 4 DHC's and accept it as standardized gameplay.

You need 2 use 3 Subnuke doffs which add a little bit of chance flavor to a game. Press the theta and you're whooping. Oh wait, i just figured... you can actually use Evasive right after u theta! OH **** IM GETTING INTO THE DANGERZONE NOA!!!! Did i just advance 1 step into PvP?

Anyway this will significantly set the favor to you and your team. :)
    MT - Sad Pandas
    edited May 2013
    you're all winners to somebody

Your Momma always thinks you a winner!!

R.I.P