test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drozana Station changes....Why?!?

noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
I have to ask, why the map was changed? The new map is horrible! It's like beaming into an empty warehouse that has been poorly converted into some kind of crappy hipster restaurant/bar.

I can understand needing to touch up the place to add in Romulan faction content, but why toss out the baby with the bathwater?

The old station had character! It had history with its direct ties to the featured episodes. It was great seeing how the station is now, compared to how it was 200 years ago. And now that is lost.

Please reconsider this! Restore the old map and move your handful of new NPC's over to it please!
Post edited by noctusxxx on

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noctusxxx wrote: »
    I have to ask, why the map was changed? The new map is horrible! It's like beaming into an empty warehouse that has been poorly converted into some kind of crappy hipster restaurant/bar.

I think that's kind of the point really. It was an abandoned Federation station that was hastily converted by a Ferengi into something that it was never designed to be.

Personally I like the change, but I completely understand that people who frequented Drozana became attached to it as it was.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully there are still tables for the cat girls to stand on and spray bug spray around.
    <3
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the new map in general, but I think the bar should go back to the middle.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must say I agree with the OP.
    I read much about it, and went there with curiosity on high alert, expecting it to be interesting.
    Well... ...when I arrived, I was more like wtf? Uh. this must be still under Development. My though was; "This looks empty". Old Drozana wasn't big, but considering it is supposed to be a regular antiquity floating in Space, this was more like one. The new one look like one of those huge empty airplane hangars, now demoted to boxes and other rubble collecting dust. -except for new drozana is actually clean(!)
    Chairs and tables, yeah. With the same feel as sitting in the waitingroom to the dentist.
    I guess the Dentals finally got their own place, because I can hardly see anyone being bothered hanging out there. I guess K7 will be the NeXT hangout now.
    old Drozana was small but had charm. New Drozana is roomy, empty and totally meh.
    Other than a mission or two, drozana has now nothing to show for. imho.

Lets keep Old Drozana.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the new Drozana. the old one was a dump...

the new one looks like an actual space station. while the old looked like the wreckage of a space station.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still think they should add in a dance floor/stage somewhere to 'honor' the station's infamy. The observation area just feels kind of desolate as it is right now anyway.

Personally though, I kind of miss the Dabo Table being tucked away in the corner, away from harassment and 'dubious dealings'. I suspect if I want to generate some latinum for doff missions now, it's going to require putting up with ceaseless bug-spray griefing(which is what it honestly is).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bug spray isn't much of an annoyance though..... I barely notice it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's cold, silent, empty and... it's drozana no more,
    where is the music?
    where are daboo tables, hey devs - take good long look at quarks from DS9 series - that's how ferengi run their establishments - loud, crowded and full of jury-rigging and other cost-cutting solutions
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    I like the new map in general, but I think the bar should go back to the middle.

Yeah I agree, the bar needs to be in the middle. I mean how is my drunk Klingon supposed to get from one end of the room to the bar without crashing into others and causing a bar fight.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did they change the map in "Night of the Comet" to match?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if they did, but I don't see why they need to, the two missions are set a century or more apart.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hated the old Drazona. It was dirty, ugly, broken down and disgusting to every nerve in my body..
    and i wouldnt have it any other way.. This new Drazona screams " OH My God,, Yuppies"".. I cant stand it either..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one thing it seriously needs is better lighting
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did they change the map in "Night of the Comet" to match?

no but sense that was 200 years ago it's not that big of an issue to bother me
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate Dronzana, I have always done so, because of the blue flashy thing, it gets annoying over time...

So I try not to go there, at all!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the blue flash is toned down a lot does it less often and it's less a blue flash and more it just turns on blue mood lighting for a wile then turns off
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I refused to go to Drozana due to the kinds of people who frequent that place.
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are things I like about both versions. I like the booths that have been added to the new one, and the bar area in general; but the rest of the station just screams, "meh". I like how the Dabo table is kind of tucked away apart from the rest of the station on the old version. And the atmosphere of the old station is... I dunno... just pretty cool.

And if they're going with the new look, they need to change how it looks in the 23rd century also.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's cold, silent, empty and... it's drozana no more,
    where is the music?
    where are daboo tables, hey devs - take good long look at quarks from DS9 series - that's how ferengi run their establishments - loud, crowded and full of jury-rigging and other cost-cutting solutions

Well it is on the test server and not the live server, it will re-populate...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    no but sense that was 200 years ago it's not that big of an issue to bother me

Still, it was cool to explore that place in the 23rd century and compare it to the 2409 version. I hope they end up remastering "Night of the Comet" and updating the map.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like that it is all on one instance now, without the need to zone to some areas :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noctusxxx wrote: »

I can understand needing to touch up the place to add in Romulan faction content, but why toss out the baby with the bathwater?

The old station had character! It had history with its direct ties to the featured episodes. It was great seeing how the station is now, compared to how it was 200 years ago. And now that is lost.

Please reconsider this! Restore the old map and move your handful of new NPC's over to it please!

Welcome to the club. If you havent been around when Season 4 hit, they totally nerfed all visuals within the game, weapons got cartoonish, ESD was totally revamped and uglyfied, you name it.

Its all in the sense of 'Lets make this game accessible for people with pentium 1's'
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to the club. If you havent been around when Season 4 hit, they totally nerfed all visuals within the game, weapons got cartoonish, ESD was totally revamped and uglyfied, you name it.

Its all in the sense of 'Lets make this game accessible for people with pentium 1's'

Traveling with you must be a joy. "This airport is so cartoonish!" "These street signs are so cartoonish!" "These supermarket aisles are so cartoonish!" "The Subway is so cartoonish!"

And I've been here since the beginning, no visuals have been "nerfed". Unless you think blurry pixelated signs that were up before were somehow more powerful.