test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maximizing Directed Energy Modulation

jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
If you wanted to make the best of use of DEM, what are the factors to watch out for? I'm running 2 copies (one after the other). What consoles? I read that there's a purple doff - any others that help? Is having 8 cannons better than 6?

I looked at the logs, and I definitely see more cannon hits than dem strikes, but I don't know if that's false reporting, or if DEM is not proc'cing each time.

-Jeff
Post edited by jaeph on

Comments

• Options
    mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jaeph wrote: »
    If you wanted to make the best of use of DEM, what are the factors to watch out for? I'm running 2 copies (one after the other). What consoles? I read that there's a purple doff - any others that help? Is having 8 cannons better than 6?

I looked at the logs, and I definitely see more cannon hits than dem strikes, but I don't know if that's false reporting, or if DEM is not proc'cing each time.

-Jeff

Dem doesn't operate via a proc

It operates via pulse

The more cannons/turrets the better IMO

I've had the best results through 4 single cannons and 4 turrets APA3 DEM3 APO3
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • Options
    corcalccorcalc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jaeph wrote: »

-Jeff
    Always use Dem with APA.. The name of the DEM doff is Marion Frances Dulmur (System Engineer).
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dem is not usualy that fantastic a skill but if you combine. It with the right doff you can add the effect of nadion inversion to it. This makes it fantastic for use with ships sporting seven or eight beam arrays which would normally suck too much weapons energy to be worth while.
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    DEM itself is not that great an ability. It cannot be buffed or improved upon via consoles or skills that I know of.

It really needs a rework.

As stated above, it's per pulse, so to get the most from it use cannons and turrets with rapid fires.

The doff that matches the power is the only thing that makes it worth while slotting.
    AFMJGUR.jpg