test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Simple Fixes... that can be added quick and dirty like.

antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvP Gameplay
I wanted to start a thread where we all mention some of the things we would like to see in game that in our opinions at least should be simple to implement and improve the game.

The idea being perhaps someone like Bort... could see a few ideas that perhaps the team could knock out quick and dirty like and slip into a patch here and there.
I am thinking very simple changes here... nothing that takes redesigns or major adds... just simple number changes ect.

So I'll start off with a few of my quick and dirty fix ideas.

1) Respawn power levels. Right now we all spawn at zero and regen at EPS rate... what if as a respawn protection... we simply all respawn with 125 power to everything and loose power at EPS rate. {I think it would be a quick code change... and I believe it would help mostly inexperienced pvp players who get pushed back on there spawn... at least they come back with some shield resist and some engine power should they choose to move off the spawn}

2) Fix the darn text descriptions on the skill tree items that either don't work... or are just plain badly worded... you know what I am talking about.

There anyone else have anything that should be somewhat easy to do that would improve our lives ?

PS
To completely fix things this is what I would really do... but that's not a quick fix though. :)
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=576581
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Post edited by antoniosalieri on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) Respawn power levels.

Respawning has...issues. Several of them. Much like Ker'rat can't get it right as where to spawn folks, doesn't calculate correctly where to put folks...there are several things that are recalculated incorrectly during a respawn.

This is fine if you're not being camped - you can reslot BOFFs or gear - you can move and stop - etc, etc, etc. If you are being camped, you will not have the opportunity to correct the miscalculations being done on the recalculations by the game.

It would be nifty if it somehow managed to do the calculations correctly after a respawn (mind you, some of the calculations are off even as you first login to the game - going to ground and back to space again is usually enough to fix the majority of them - so why not treat logging in and respawning and changing zones as if you had gone to ground and back - so the calculations are done correctly?)...

edit: Defense, Stealth Detection, and Hull Repair are some of the key items that I've stumbled upon having broken recalculation/calculation issues requiring me to reslot something (at times, multiple items).
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Respawn with full crew / fixed weapons.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited March 2013
    Respawning has...issues. Several of them. Much like Ker'rat can't get it right as where to spawn folks, doesn't calculate correctly where to put folks...there are several things that are recalculated incorrectly during a respawn.

This is fine if you're not being camped - you can reslot BOFFs or gear - you can move and stop - etc, etc, etc. If you are being camped, you will not have the opportunity to correct the miscalculations being done on the recalculations by the game.

It would be nifty if it somehow managed to do the calculations correctly after a respawn (mind you, some of the calculations are off even as you first login to the game - going to ground and back to space again is usually enough to fix the majority of them - so why not treat logging in and respawning and changing zones as if you had gone to ground and back - so the calculations are done correctly?)...

edit: Defense, Stealth Detection, and Hull Repair are some of the key items that I've stumbled upon having broken recalculation/calculation issues requiring me to reslot something (at times, multiple items).

Not only respawning, at times, mostly in ESTFs, i notice that as well. Wrap/Beam progress and get maimed by the borg instantly. something wrong, reslot gear and everything is back to normal.

There is definitely an issue with the characters stats when zoning into a new map. But it is rare so hard to track i suppose.