test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO_ACT plugin (track your DPS)

I have developed an Advanced Combat Tracker plugin and I want to share it if anyone is interested. Also let me know if you find any issues so I can fix it

How does it work

This plugin interprets the data in the "Combatlog.log" file (a file located in your computer), and translates it to the Advanced Combat Tracker tool that will display the processed data as graphs and tables. It will show things like DPS, types of damage, etc.

Main features:

New environment:
+It shows both actual damage and damage before buffs/debuffs/shield apply (in a new column named "BaseDamage").
+When the source of damage is other than the ship it shows in the "Source" column.
+Some other minor changes.

New options (Go to the "Options tab>STO_ACT Parsing>General" and move the mouse over the options for details):
+Grouping attacks by preference.
+Displaying only players or not.
+etc.

Processes all the attacks in the log file.

Relatively low on resources consumption (have analyzed very large log files of over 50MB in less than a minute).

Download:

STO_ACT v1.0.0.2.

Advanced combat tracker.

Installation:

Install Advanced Combat Tracker
1. Install Advanced Combat Tracker (execute "ACTv3-Setup.exe">click Next>Install>Close)
2. Open Advanced Combat Tracker.
3. If you get a Startup Wizard window close it.

Enable the plugin
1. Go to the "Plugins" tab>button "Browse".
2. Browse for the file "STO_ACT.cs" you downloaded previously and select it.
3. Click "Add/Enable Plugin button".

To start a log you simply have to type "/Combatlog 1" in the game chat window (That will create the .log file)
To end the log write "/Combatlog 0".

Import the log file
1. Open the "Import/Export" tab>"Import Encounters">"Import a Log File">"Select File" button
2. Browse for your Combatlog.log file. For windows 7/Vista users it will be located in: "C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient"
3. Check your "Main" tab to see the results alfter the import process ends.

Track your current combat DPS (in real time)
1. Go to "Options" tab.
2. Click "open log" button.
3. Browse for your Combatlog.log file. For windows 7/Vista users it will be located in: "C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient"
4. From now on if you have Advanced Combat Tracker opened it will load and process automatically the combat as long as you write "/Combatlog 1" in the game chat window to start a log and "/Combatlog 0" when you are done.

Uninstall:

This (like other ACT plugins) creates its own environment (new columns, removes others, different groups, etc.) and you need to uninstall Advanced Combat Tracker in order to install another plugin.

If you just want to try it, I recommend you open 2 Advanced Combat Tracker windows, install this plugin on one of them, run it (dont install anything on the other), and when you are done close this plugin's window first, and then close the untouched window the last (it will save its settings when you close it, so it will be like if you didnt install anything at all).

Columns:

You can add/remove/move columns by going to "Options" tab>"Main Table/Encounters". There you will find the 5 views and their columns.

Damage, BaseDamage, DamageTaken and BaseDamageTaken Columns
Amount of damage. Base damage is the damage before applying shields, buffs, debuffs and resistances on the target.

Healed Column
Amount of healing done.

DPS, EncDPS and EncHPS Columns
Damage/Healing per second.
DPS is based on the row (combatant or attack) duration.
EncDPS and EncHPS are based in the encounter duration.

Attacker, Source and Victim Columns
These three columns constitute the path followed by the attack.
Attacker is the combatant dealing the damage.
Sources are pets, abilities, devices or/and enemies outside the attacking ship used to deal the damage.
Victim is the enemy target of the attack.

Kills Column
Number of killing shots done by a combatant.

Deaths Column
Number of times that a combatant has died.

STO_ACT specific options:

Swap damage for base damage columns
It will swap the values in Damage and DamageTaken for those in BaseDamage and BaseDamageTaken.
This option will change how are your "DPS" and "EncDPS" columns calculated, as these columns are always calculated on the "Damage" column.

Remove Base Damage columns
If you are only interested in damage and you dont care about base damage use this option.
If you are only interested in base damage and you dont care about damage use this option in conjunction with the "Swap damage for base damage columns" option.

Show only players
It will show all non-Player ships/pets actions in the "NPCs" combatant view. You will still be able to keep track of the NPC attacker and pets involved in the attack in the "Source" column.

Group into "Pet/Ability Attack (out)"
The group "Attack (out)" will allways display the attacking ship weapons regular attacks. But you can select in which group will be displayed the rest of the attacks.

Rename "<type of damage>" to [<petname>] <type of damage>"
This will allow you to split types of damage into different sources.
If you uncheck it, you can still keep track of the sources of damage in the "Source" column.

Other plugins you might want to try

Aria

Hilbert

Enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: THIS SOURCE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOURCE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOURCE.

Edited to show help on columns/options and last update link.
Post edited by alhucemas on

Comments

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've literally just loaded this up.

Pros:

*Love the fact that character names come up, as opposed to handle names.

Cons:
    *BaseDamage column - what does this do, and why is there no commas for thousand notation?

Other than that, well done, looking forward to using this.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    are acc/crit values accurate?
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    alhucemasalhucemas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've literally just loaded this up.

Pros:

*Love the fact that character names come up, as opposed to handle names.

Cons:
    *BaseDamage column - what does this do, and why is there no commas for thousand notation?

Other than that, well done, looking forward to using this.

Lets say you fire a torpedo spread to 2 targets. Both your attacks deal 3000 damage. But while one target has shields and recieves only 600 damage, the other has no shields and also has a debuff of attack pattern beta on it so recieves 4500 damage.

Target 1:
    Base Damage: 3000
    Actual Damage (damage received after shields apply): 600

Target 2:
    Base Damage: 3000
    Actual Damage (damage dealt to the hull -no shields- after attack patter beta applies): 4500

Your total BaseDamage would be 6000, but the actual Damage would be 5100

That is one of the reasons I wanted to do a new plugin, because I think its something interesting to know. Currently plugins just show damage received, and others damage dealt, but none show both at the same time. Now you can compare both values, damage dealt and the damage the targets actually take after shields/buffs/debuffs apply.
    are acc/crit values accurate?

Not sure what you are referring to. If you talk about the "Critical", "CritHits" and "Crit%" columns, you will find results are pretty much like aria plugin. These columns will probably only differ if one of the plugins detects (correctly or not) an attack the other plugin doesnt.

EDIT: Have added screenshots in the original post so you get an idea how it works. There I explain also how "BaseDamage" columns work.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    and why is there no commas for thousand notation?

EDIT: Should be solved now.
  • Options
    jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really like this, it's nice to have shield damage incorporated. Of course, the best thing would be a column that includes damage to shields, but also accounts for the effects of resistances. That would be the most representative of real world output, unfortunately it's probably not possible with the way the log works. Regardless, this is a very nice thing to have, and I'll be recommending it to everyone in my fleet.

EDIT: Just noticed that there are two errors in your directions: it is in fact not necessary to have ACT open in order to make a combatlog file (actually, you can even make a file without ACT installed and then have ACT parse it afterwards), and you can't set a file for ACT to parse until you've already made one.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I really like this, it's nice to have shield damage incorporated. Of course, the best thing would be a column that includes damage to shields, but also accounts for the effects of resistances. That would be the most representative of real world output, unfortunately it's probably not possible with the way the log works. Regardless, this is a very nice thing to have, and I'll be recommending it to everyone in my fleet.

EDIT: Just noticed that there are two errors in your directions: it is in fact not necessary to have ACT open in order to make a combatlog file (actually, you can even make a file without ACT installed and then have ACT parse it afterwards)
    I just wanted to keep it simple, but I will include the import function.
    , and you can't set a file for ACT to parse until you've already made one.
    Good point. I forgot you have to create the .log file the first time. I will change it now.
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Been using this for a bit, using hil's plugin, can you give a rundown of what EncDPS is by chance? Been able to figure out the numbers of everything else, just wondering if it's something simple I'm over-analyzing.
    Thanks!
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    edited March 2013
    tieberione wrote: »
    Been using this for a bit, using hil's plugin, can you give a rundown of what EncDPS is by chance? Been able to figure out the numbers of everything else, just wondering if it's something simple I'm over-analyzing.
    Thanks!
    Both DPS and EncDPS are damage per second.
    DPS: damage / duration of that row.
    EncDPS: damage / duration of the encounter.

Take e a look at this encounter.

I suppressed on purpose the NPCs so they dont distract (this can be done in the options of this plugin), but it was an assimilated carrier encounter with a duration of 36 sec.

Player: Krokus
    Damage: 433874
    His duration in the encounter: 29 sec (he lost some time getting to the assimilated carrier).
    DPS: 14510 ( = 433874/29)
    EncDPS: 11985 ( = 433874/36)

Player: 3
    Damage: 456806
    His duration in the encounter: 34 sec.
    DPS: 13126 ( = 456806/34)
    EncDPS: 12618 (= 456806/36)

You will notice that when sorting the "EncDPS" column, it has the same graph than the "Damage" column. That is because the encounter duration is the same for everybody. And "DPS" column has a different graph because it doesnt depend on encounter duration, but the combatant duration, that is different for each player.

It is up to you which one is more important in each case (it depends on what you are looking for). For more information on this topic, this is the official faq.

EDIT: Note that here the divisions are not accurate because the computer also uses fractions of seconds.
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thanks!

Thought it was along those lines but didn't want to give a bogus explanation.
    Great graphs/explanations btw, thank you
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been trying this for a few days now.

The damage taken is 5x that of the hilbert plug in we've been using since forever. Whats the difference here?
    -Edit: Nevermind, figured out it was the base damage option

But, is there a reason why these DPS numbers base/TRIBBLE are different than the other parsers? It'd be nice to have some consistancy somewhere.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    I've been trying this for a few days now.

The damage taken is 5x that of the hilbert plug in we've been using since forever. Whats the difference here?
    -Edit: Nevermind, figured out it was the base damage option

But, is there a reason why these DPS numbers base/TRIBBLE are different than the other parsers? It'd be nice to have some consistancy somewhere.

That is a good question and a difficult one to answer. I will try to keep it as simple as possible in order to make it understandable.

STO-RAW plugin from Hilbert (the one you are talking about)
    is fast, but shows only the base damage and many attacks might be missing from each report.

As an example this report comparing STO_ACT vs STO-RAW.

As you can see only the blue highlighted rows are showing the damage. The rest of the attacks are missing.

STO-PVP plugin from Hilbert
    is good but shows only the actual damage and probably its major issue is that it is missing attacks when the source is unknown but the dealer of that damage is known. As an explanation, there are some cases where you might not know from the log file the source of an attack (eather a pet, or the ship itself or a mine or whatever) but you might still know who is the owner of that attack.

An example comparing STO_ACT vs STO-PVP.

In STO_ACT the total damage of this player is 2704314, and in Hilberts STO-PVP 2056274. It is because of the damage from UNKNOWN sources (the highlighted red rows in the picture) that are missing in STO-PVP.

There is also a slight difference in numbers for the attacks (the ones that are detected) in comparison with STO_ACT and Arias. It must be because of some decimal rounding I guess, but havent checked that. Aside from that, I think it is a fast and good plugin.

Aria's plugin
    is pretty accurate, but shows only the actual damage and has some issues detecting pets and its owners in part because it detects them by its name. Examples of this might be Birds of Prey or To'Duj Fighters, which are allways detected as pets (they can be also independent enemy NPCs). Usually these independent ships damage will dissapear from the report (and hence the players damage taken from them).

There are also some special attacks that will mislead the player with erroneous data, as you can see in this example comparing STO_ACT vs Aria's plugin where a Fer'Jai frigate is wrongly detected as a player's pet but in fact, the Fer'Jai Frigate was an enemy.

This happened because the player's Hargh'Peng caused a secondary detonation on the Fer'Jai Frigate, making the enemy the source of new damage (the detonation), and arias plugin detects the enemy ship as kind of a pet of the player (who owns that damage). So from that point on all the damage dealt by that enemy will be counted as damage done by the player (as if the enemy were his pet). This might happen with any special attacks that makes the enemy target a source of new damage such as Isometric Charges (where the charge jumps from one enemy to another).

I find this plugin also too slow for large log files, but aside from that i think it is a good plugin.

If something remains unclear ask me back or believe me as an act of feith.

These are some of the issues I have solved so far in this plugin. Nonetheless, I am aware there might be other issues I havent seen. So If anybody finds one, please let me know and I will try to solve it for the next release (I am planning to change the options pannel and do some other minor changes).
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been fooling with the setting and settled on using base damage to get a true measurement of a ship's abilities. It seems to provide the most consistant numbers from mission to mission.

From a CSE score of 15k to a HOSE score of 6k with hilbert's, it seems difficult to compare ships like that.

With base you'll usually be 14k in CSE and 12k in HOSE. My cruiser seems most consistant with 8.5-10k in all the eSTFs.

Still get some funny results with KASE, not sure if its STO itself that logs badly or what, but it captures only some of the damage of people across the gap. Oddly the damage is consistently captured, but at much lower values or quantities.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I've been fooling with the setting and settled on using base damage to get a true measurement of a ship's abilities. It seems to provide the most consistant numbers from mission to mission.

From a CSE score of 15k to a HOSE score of 6k with hilbert's, it seems difficult to compare ships like that.

With base you'll usually be 14k in CSE and 12k in HOSE. My cruiser seems most consistant with 8.5-10k in all the eSTFs.

Base damage is a more stable indicator of DPS as the actual damage can be highly altered by the other players abilities (debuffs,tractor beams,etc.).

As you say, it might be a good idea to check the option "swap damage for base damage" so that DPS is not so "contaminated" by external factors.
    Still get some funny results with KASE, not sure if its STO itself that logs badly or what, but it captures only some of the damage of people across the gap. Oddly the damage is consistently captured, but at much lower values or quantities.

I dont know how STO logs the damage but as far as I know the logs are limited by the distance. So in wide maps where people dont stay as a group you cant be certain about the other players damage.
  • Options
    stossr2stossr2 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Got some funny results on my first run with this. As a carrier cpt. I saw that the Galor class ships were calculated in with the pets I had called and bumped the DPS up about 1k from normal. I'll see if I can reproduce the results and get you a couple screenshots of the different result sets.

Other than that, I liked what I saw! keep up the good work!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    stossr2 wrote: »
    Got some funny results on my first run with this. As a carrier cpt. I saw that the Galor class ships were calculated in with the pets I had called and bumped the DPS up about 1k from normal. I'll see if I can reproduce the results and get you a couple screenshots of the different result sets.

Other than that, I liked what I saw! keep up the good work!

If you use the abilities "photonic fleet" or "fleet support" these new ships you create will be added to you as pets. In log terms, they are logged as any other pet (the only difference ingame is that you cant control their actions), so in fact they are a part of your damage (as are pets). That would explain it.

You can easily check this by:

1.- double clicking an attack from the Galor Class Ships that is not a miss or a kill. I will put an example of a Polaris Class Science Vessel that I got as a "Fleet Support":
    Screenshot 1

2.- A window will popup. Take a look at the highlighted line in the log file:
    Screenshot 2

In the example, the line is:
    13:03:26:01:47:45.3::Krokus,P[3363538@5422645 Krokus@alhucemas],Polaris Class Science Vessel,C[447409 Fed_Distress_Call_Science],Tactical Cube,C[447084 Space_Borg_Dreadnought_Raidisode],Phaser Array,Pn.Cedjls,Phaser,,740.049,525.551

You will get the name of the ship (I am showing it in red) and its internal name next to it (in green). The owner of the attack (me) is in blue. If its a ship from a "Fleet Support" action the internal name will contain "Distress_Call" (as in the example), and if its a ship from a "Photonic Fleet" action then the internal name will contain "Photonic".

If none of these is the case, and you got a Galor Class Ship in the report from another player or for any other reason, I would like to take a look at the log or at least that line of the log (EDIT: Also would like to know what mission were you doing).

EDIT2: Probably it would be a good idea to change these ships names to display where they come from. For example display a photonic Galor as: "(photonic) Galor Class Ship" instead of "Galor Class Ship" so that there is no misunderstanding. I might do that for the next version.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    alhucemas wrote: »
    If you use the abilities "photonic fleet" or "fleet support" these new ships you create will be added to you as pets. In log terms, they are logged as any other pet (the only difference ingame is that you cant control their actions), so in fact they are a part of your damage (as are pets). That would explain it.

You can easily check this by:

1.- double clicking an attack from the Galor Class Ships that is not a miss or a kill. I will put an example of a Polaris Class Science Vessel that I got as a "Fleet Support":
    Screenshot 1

2.- A window will popup. Take a look at the highlighted line in the log file:
    Screenshot 2

In the example, the line is:

You will get the name of the ship (I am showing it in red) and its internal name next to it (in green). The owner of the attack (me) is in blue. If its a ship from a "Fleet Support" action the internal name will contain "Distress_Call" (as in the example), and if its a ship from a "Photonic Fleet" action then the internal name will contain "Photonic".

If none of these is the case, and you got a Galor Class Ship in the report from another player or for any other reason, I would like to take a look at the log or at least that line of the log (EDIT: Also would like to know what mission were you doing).

EDIT2: Probably it would be a good idea to change these ships names to display where they come from. For example display a photonic Galor as: "(photonic) Galor Class Ship" instead of "Galor Class Ship" so that there is no misunderstanding. I might do that for the next version.

Thank you for the response. I have attached the ACT report for the log in question. I am klingon and thus my photonic fleet would be the BoPs a the end of the list. The B'Rel in the list are the hangar pets. The item in red text is applicable to me I believe as this is a duty officer ability that causes a chain reaction with photonic aftershock. The Galor Class ships in Green had to be from somewhere else.

The information on where this log came from is the Traelus Satelite repair mission. I was playing solo.

SOURCE TYPE DAMAGE BASEDAMAGE ENCDPS AVERAGE MEDIAN MINHIT MAXHIT RESIST HITS SWINGS TOHIT CRIT%
    To'Duj Fighter Photon Torpedo 43,839 139,224 447.79 1,019.51 649 4 4,082 Shield 43 46 93.48 0%
    To'Duj Fighter Disruptor Pulse Cannon 21,749 40,099 222.16 96.23 108 9 583 Shield 226 233 97.00 3%
    Raptor Escort Photon Torpedo 3,105 7,048 31.72 1,035.00 474 219 2,412 Shield 3 3 100.00 0%
    Raptor Escort Disruptor Array 4,937 10,087 50.43 114.81 163 22 374 Shield 43 45 95.56 2%
    Gravity Well Gravity Well III 40,821 42,045 416.97 412.33 359 137 874 Kinetic 99 99 100.00 0%
    Galor Class Photonic Aftershock 2,911 2,911 29.73 2,911.00 2,911 2,911 2,911 Kinetic 1 1 100.00 0%
    Galor Class Photon Torpedo 5,927 42,289 60.54 987.83 994 660 1,427 6 8 75.00 0%
    Galor Class Photon Torpedo - Salvo III 1,240 9,786 12.67 620.00 745 495 745 Shield 2 5 40.00 0%
    Galor Class Beam Array - Fire at Will I 10,838 20,256 110.70 225.79 258 28 556 Shield 48 53 90.57 0%
    Galor Class Spiral Wave Disruptor Beam Array 8,316 18,358 84.94 159.92 168 14 809 Shield 52 66 78.79 2%
    Galor Class Spiral Wave Disruptor Array - Overload I 0 0 0.00 NaN 0 0 0 0 1 0.00 NaN

B'rel Bird-of-Prey Photon Torpedo 36,154 133,362 369.30 2,582.43 1,793 875 9,469 Shield 14 14 100.00 0%
    B'rel Bird-of-Prey Photon Torpedo - Salvo I 5,299 33,194 54.13 1,324.75 1,753 861 1,800 4 6 66.67 0%
    B'rel Bird-of-Prey Dual Disruptor Cannons 1,664 3,449 17.00 208.00 248 32 424 8 10 80.00 0%
    B'rel Bird-of-Prey Dual Disruptor Cannons - Rapid Fire I 3,489 7,370 35.64 174.45 200 25 379 Shield 20 22 90.91 0%
    B'rel Bird-of-Prey Disruptor Turret 11,483 20,783 117.29 104.39 114 13 363 Shield 110 115 95.65 1%
    B'rel Bird-of-Prey Disruptor Turret - Rapid Fire I 6,711 14,225 68.55 100.16 99 12 523 Shield 67 70 95.71 1%
    Bird-of-Prey Photon Torpedo 3,654 13,433 37.32 522.00 396 181 1,858 Kinetic 7 7 100.00 0%
    Bird-of-Prey Dual Disruptor Cannons 708 1,271 7.23 33.71 39 0 89 Shield 21 21 100.00 0%
    Bird-of-Prey Disruptor Turret 2,076 3,924 21.21 27.32 28 2 65 Shield 76 78 97.44 1%
    All 214,921 563,114 2,195.31 252.85 130 0 9,469 All 850 903 94.13 1%

Looking at the log of one of the attacks says it's from me, however I do not use fire at will I and I don't think the B'rels do either. I double clicked the entry to view the log and found the following:

13:03:25:22:49:21.3::Galor Class,C[49 Space_Cardassian_Cruiser_Cardom],,*,B'rel Bird-of-Prey,C[10 Space_Klingon_Raider_Player_Pet],Beam Array - Fire at Will I,Pn.Pd47mu1,Disruptor,,556.277,0
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you for your report. Made it easy to find the issue.
    stossr2 wrote:
    ...The item in red text is applicable to me I believe as this is a duty officer ability that causes a chain reaction with photonic aftershock. The Galor Class ships in Green had to be from somewhere else...

I bought myself the Doffs (luckily blue ones are not too expensive) and tested it. It was the "photonic aftershock" attack that causes the enemy to be the source of damage. From that point on it wrongly detected the Galor ship as your pet. Should be fixed now.

The fixed plugin can be downloaded from the original post. To update just replace the old file and then load Advanced Combat Tracker.

Also added "photonic"/"fleet support" prefixes for "photonic fleet" and "fleet support" ships.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Awesome job and great turn around time!

I really like the ability to see my pet's damage and this one by far does it the best I've seen! :D
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have used the STO-PVP and RAW and also the STO plugin by I believe Arias...I just tried yours. Amazing. Very, Very cool. Nice job. I love how it's so pet friendly, labels the exactly who did what and what skill. I also like how it shows you base damage vs the actual damage you did. Very cool indeed. Your plugin, in my opinion is now the new STO standard. I will let my fleet know. Thank you so much. Keep up the great work and if you make any updates or improvements, please let us know! Kudos!
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thank you very much. I appreciate that.

As a matter of fact I have been working for the last few days on it and the updated plugin can be downloaded from the original post.

To update:
    1.- Replace the old file and then load Advanced Combat Tracker.
    2.- Uncheck and check again the "Enabled" checkbox in the "Plugins" tab.

Update Release Notes:
    +New BaseDamageTaken column, so that you can see how your shields, resistance and defensive abilities are working (in comparision to DamageTaken column).
    +More consistent data at a logical level, although you shouldnt see much difference in numbers (if any at all).
    +Some other minor changes in the way it displays data and in the options panel.

Have tested it and seems to work fine, but I cant test every single possibility so if you find any issues or think something should be changed just let me know.

There are still some issues I want to solve, like managing data properly when pets are owned by other pets (currently there is no plugin that I know of that handles this situation correctly).
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Added help on columns and options in the original post.

New upgrade available. This is probably the final version.

To update:
    1.- Replace the old file and then load Advanced Combat Tracker.
    2.- Uncheck and check again the "Enabled" checkbox in the "Plugins" tab.

Update Release Notes:
    + Every single line in the log file is now processed and shown in the report (currently plugins simply get rid of the actions they cant or dont want to process, so they might be missing some data from the log file) unless of course it is a corrupted line.
    * Note: Because of this you might find occasionally pets showing attacks (as if they were independent NPCs) in case there is no way to tell who is the owner by the log file data (so those attacks cant be merged to the owner). This is nothing to worry about as it should be something rare and it should not affect a significant amount of damage (it usually happens when a pet misses all of its attacks).

+ Attacks/heals done from pets owned by other pets will now be displayed as attacks/heals done from the real owners (and not as attacks from the pets). That is, the damage/DPS/heal will be merged into the owner of all owners. You can keep track of the pets involved in the attack in the "source" column with the following format: "first_pet>pet_owned_by_first_pet>pet_owned_by_second_pet" and so on. But the damage taken will continue to be taken by the pets (it wont be merged into the owners).

+ There is a known issue when finding some attacks in the log (when you double click an attack and the "Encounter Logs" window pops up) it might display a different attack or a blank window. These are isolated cases and it doesnt affect the report data at all so I dont think I will fix it (a fix on this could also affect the parsing speed negatively).

This happens because "attack 1" couldnt be processed when parsing its log line and it was processed while parsing "attack 2" line or after parsing all the lines in the encounter. So when you double click "attack 1" it shows the "attack 2" line (if it was processed during "attack 2" parse line) or a blank window (if "attack 1" was processed after parsing all lines in the encounter).

You can search these attacks in the log by their date/time (they are found in the previous encounter "Encounter Logs" window if you got a blank window, so double click any attack from the previous encounter) and their line will be red colour.

I think the tool is working as it should so I will leave it as it is unless an issue is found.
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since yesterday, encdps seems to be halved after final encounter (final refresh)... I check with three other people and they are getting the same.
  • Options
    eardianmeardianm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seconding, grabbed this latest/last version, and something about the extra values is doing bad things to the encounter time and thus encDPS. Specifically, almost every Import Zone I'm looking at has a 1-2 minute Encounter with nothing but Plasma torps and a random borg unit in the entries, no damage or anything. It appears to be bumping up total encounter time and greatly reducing encDPs because of it. Haven't touched any option beyond default install, so it's made the All view in the Import Zone not so useful.

All with reduced encDPS

Close to full encounter time

Garbage torp time

I'm not actually clear where the All encounter time is coming from now, because the two Encounters listed in this only tally 5:04, not 7:15. Seems to happen with the plasma torps specifically, most of my beam boat parses still come out as expected as long as a borg torp doesn't get captured the same way.
  • Options
    bitovabitova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seems to be an error in reporting # of deaths of players

Here are same run parsed thru STO_ACT and STO-PVP plug ins

In the STO_ACT one a player (kher'Boom) is reported to have died 26 times, another (rhem) is reported to have dies 40 times

I kept the log file if needed
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited April 2013
    I haven't used ACT in awhile, but I downloaded this plugin and it looks good. I'm wondering if anybody had any suggestions on the best mission to test DPS?

When I was flying my fleet defiant I just parced every eSTF I did any got an average. But, now I want to compare my fleet defiant to my BoP and I'm wondering if there's a better way to test DPS.

I did an a Cure Space Elite run in my BoP and someone who parced it said I did 10k DPS. But, when I parsed it on another run I got 6k DPS. The last time I used ACT it showed my fleet defiant to be doing about 8k DPS. MY BoP doesn't seem to do as much damage so 2k DPS less seemed reasonable.

What's the best way to be consistent and get accurate numbers to compare?
  • Options
    jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    What's the best way to be consistent and get accurate numbers to compare?

Well, you kind of have to pick between consistent and accurate. If you just want consistent, you could parse the Starbase 234 mission, where you mostly just hammer on a big target until the mission ends. But if you want accurate, meaning how much damage do you actually do in practice, you have to do it in an ESTF. ISE is probably the best choice, since it doesn't require one or more people to sit around waiting half the time. Even at that though, you can expect significant variation between runs, and huge variation if you lag even a little bit for one.
  • Options
    bitovabitova Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No more responses from the plugin dev ? :confused:

"dead project" ? :(
  • Options
    erawra1erawra1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's great that the plugin option allows me to group NPCs as NPCs. However, how can I automatically remove them from the parse? In many encouters sorted by EncDPS, NPC's are showing up at the top cluttering my single-line export summary. Just want em gone.
  • Options
    dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You need to go to ACT Options - Data Correction - Miscellaneous
    There is a Textfield for "Default character name if not defined by the log file name.". Add your characters name to it as it appears in the Text output (like [P]erawra1 or whatever your char name is).

Now, NPCs won't show up in the export. Note: If you switch between multiple characters you will have to change this accordingly everytime. This can be very tedious :/
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be nice to get the Death count fixed.