test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Additional Caitian and Ferasan skin patterns.

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please post only serious suggestions...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited March 2013
    Another suggestion.
    Lions often have a somewhat spot-like pattern on them, usually on the legs as seen here.
    Lion3.jpg
    Would be a possible pattern if we ever got the real Caitian feet.

Also Lions have an unique set of markings above their eyes. They look somewhat look an oval/horseshoe and are pointed inwards.
    african-lion-male_436_600x450.jpg
    This could be a new facial pattern.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Another suggestion.
    Lions often have a somewhat spot-like pattern on them, usually on the legs as seen here.
    Lion3.jpg
    Would be a possible pattern if we ever got the real Caitian feet.

The cute...it is too much...help!

And if we ever get manes we could have them look like teen Lion (basically a more fuzzy coat around the neck) up to elderly Lion (gigantic dark mane)...
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I'm not really bothered about Caitian and Ferasan skin patterns, but I love the pictures of cats:D
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2013
    artan42 wrote: »
    I'm not really bothered about Caitian and Ferasan skin patterns, but I love the pictures of cats:D

Well if I find anymore styles you'll see more XD.
    And to Loukoc, yes adolescent through full-grown manes would be awesome. That would help with setting your character's age in RP.
    edited March 2013
    Wonder how nobody suggested the Jaguar pattern yet, it's very similar with the Leopard but okay, I want it.

33z4upz.jpg
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My beef with caitians is they look too much like anthropromorphized cats with TRIBBLE instead of their more alien look onscreen.Caitian-brown.jpg
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
    edited March 2013
    My beef with caitians is they look too much like anthropromorphized cats with TRIBBLE instead of their more alien look onscreen.Caitian-brown.jpg

I can tell you must think everyone who plays an animal is a furry who engages in wrong acts..

And to Loukoc, I was thinking of suggesting the Jaguar. I didn't however due to the fact the coat is pretty much the same as a Leopard. The really only difference in those 2 cats are their sizes and muscle mass.
    edited March 2013
    I can tell you must think everyone who plays an animal is a furry who engages in wrong acts..

And to Loukoc, I was thinking of suggesting the Jaguar. I didn't however due to the fact the coat is pretty much the same as a Leopard. The really only difference in those 2 cats are their sizes and muscle mass.

I'm always a "footnote" :D

Anyway, They do look similar but I still think I kinda like the Jaguar more, since outside and inside the spots there is less difference between colours.
    edited March 2013
    This one would an unusual pattern. I could see fruit jokes being thrown around on ESD.
    Strawberry Leopard.
    original.jpg
    edited March 2013
    I actually thought of something that would take a lot of programming, but would be neat. Why not see about adding a feature to customize fur patterns if we ever get stripes, dots, ETC.
    You could customize how large the pattern may be or what color it is. You could customize how much you want. Say a small amount or a large amount covering the whole body. They could also give several different options for the way they are angled ETC.
    edited March 2013
    I would like the stripes seen on the Bengal cat.
    BengalCat_Stella.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know I've mentioned this before, but I also want more feline head types.

cutest-cat-ever-snoopy-zoom-face.jpg

picdump_93_12.jpg

Grumpy-Cat.jpg

:D
    edited March 2013
    ^:)
    10 chars needed.
    edited March 2013
    Adding to more face shapes, we need more ear types. Like the round ears most big cats have.
  • blu3drag0n1977blu3drag0n1977 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ssargon wrote: »
    Humanoid Borg tend to go bald, and take some time to grow their hair back, felinoid fur would likely be the same issue. Though a part-grown part-bald infected look with ashen fur might suffice to show that while the infection is being cured slowly, it's still going to be a while before all that fur grows back; felinoids would have a longer recovery time before they look "normal" I think.

Or they can just slap the veiny stuff on the fur or make the fur a translucent, "thinned out" cover on top of the skin. Probably quicker that way anyway.

Why not something like this?

sphynx+cat+wallpapers+2.jpg
    edited March 2013
    Why not something like this?

sphynx+cat+wallpapers+2.jpg

Love Sphynx cats... That works too :D.
    edited March 2013
    bin/seigmiaow.pl[/URL]
    edited March 2013
    Please remove your post. That is a highly offensive issue right there...
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How about this pattern?
    hitlercat.jpg

Reenacting every facepalm made from the time of the first human to grow thumbs is not enough to express the shame I feel in you.
    edited March 2013
    Tabby pattern
    amershor_lg.jpg
    edited March 2013
    Please post only serious suggestions...

I obviously hit a nerve and I apologize.
    edited March 2013
    I obviously hit a nerve and I apologize.

Accepted. Just please refrain from posting offensive items.
    edited March 2013
    I doubt this would happen but, we could use some new teeth. More feline style. This could go with every species getting new animations in the facial area to open and close their mouth without the use of emotes. Maybe just like an idle animation ETC.
    edited March 2013
    Oriental Shorthair fur pattern.
    oriental-shorthair-cat-leaping.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Oriental Shorthair fur pattern.

I had a cat with that pattern:)
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2013
    artan42 wrote: »
    I had a cat with that pattern:)

Perhaps you could make a cat based on it if we get this pattern in :).
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Oh, you mean like they're supposed to look? :D

mress.jpg

I'm all for new patterns, but for goodness sake - how about some hair first??

And yes, I am in the camp that Caitians should look more 'cat' like than 'lion' like. Cat-like was the original intention when they introduced them with M'Ress. :cool:
    edited March 2013
    We need both M'ress hair for females and a mane look for males. That'll satisfy both the cat and lion looks.
  • tosfantosfan Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys, new to this thread, but I want to get a Caitian soon so I might as well jump in.

Soo, I think that the primary thing Cryptic should work on right now is hair styles, REAL hair styles. The current option looks like a furry Captain Jack Sparrow.

Also, MY GOD, THE LEGS! The legs must be digitigrade, and an option for shoeless, like a real Caitian.

But after all that gets fixed, I'd love to see a bengel tiger pattern.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    HIPPIES. HIPPIES EVERYWHERE.