test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Additional Caitian and Ferasan skin patterns.

ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
I would like to suggest possibly adding some new skin patterns. These patterns would be based off of the prints you see on a lot of the big cats out in the wild. I was thinking of Leopard prints, Tiger stripes, and the Cheetah spots. We do already have something close to Cheetah spots for the face, but these are really too small.

There wouldn't have to be any new colors added for these. They could just work with the existing palette.

I would also like to add the possibility of these being on the whole body instead of just on the face. It would look strange for one to just have the pattern on their face.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions feel free to add :D.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
Post edited by ashkrik23 on

Comments

• Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am in full support of this idea!
    edited February 2013
    There could also be patterns of house cats, like tri-coloured, tortoiseshell (which is basically a better looking version of tri-coloured), those curvy stripes you see on some cats etc

And I think it would also be nice (though not very likely) to have two fur lengths. Short (the current) and Fluffy or Long, which would be a long and kinda messy fur.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    There could also be patterns of house cats, like tri-coloured, tortoiseshell (which is basically a better looking version of tri-coloured), those curvy stripes you see on some cats etc

And I think it would also be nice (though not very likely) to have two fur lengths. Short (the current) and Fluffy or Long, which would be a long and kinda messy fur.

In terms of long do you mean like a Tiger's fur? Because they have some of the more thicker coats.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    In terms of long do you mean like a Tiger's fur? Because they have some if the more thicker coats.

Hmm kinda, but I was thinking more street cat look, some of them have long and messy fur...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hmm kinda, but I was thinking more street cat look, some of them have long and messy fur...

I see. Honestly if Cryptic added this, manes, and Borg cats and Gorn I would be set for life here.
    I want to make a Snow Leopard on the Ferasan side :D.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I see. Honestly if Cryptic added this, manes, and Borg cats and Gorn I would be set for life here.
    I want to make a Snow Leopard on the Ferasan side :D.

Speaking of Gorn, they should have long crocodilian-like tails and a special kit that turns them into Elite Tac Assimilated Gorn with a gatling gun tail!

And why can I not use an eyepatch on Canelow?!
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Speaking of Gorn, they should have long crocodilian-like tails and a special kit that turns them into Elite Tac Assimilated Gorn with a gatling gun tail!

And why can I not use an eyepatch on Canelow?!

Ferasans don't get eye patches because we have the "exclusive" nose ring.
    I don't care at all for nose rings. Honestly they just make things look ugly to me.

On the subject of Borg Gorn, the models are in-game already. Just shrink it to normal player size. The Borg Gorn start off with that armor you see on Defera. If you want to put normal clothing just allow an option to remove the scorpion tail and the armor. That would make them look like normal Liberated Borg with just attachments on the head.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ferasans don't get eye patches because we have the "exclusive" nose ring.
    I don't care at all for nose rings. Honestly they just make things look ugly to me.

On the subject of Borg Gorn, the models are in-game already. Just shrink it to normal player size. The Borg Gorn start off with that armor you see on Defera. If you want to put normal clothing just allow an option to remove the scorpion tail and the armor. That would make them look like normal Liberated Borg with just attachments on the head.

I remember that the Borg boff you get from KAG had a "Modify" button for some time and there were some assimilated Gorn models but you couldn't use them, just see them in the tailor.

I want the gatling tail, perhaps as part of a special kit or something for Gorn.

And I agree with nose rings, they don't look as good as an eyepatch!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I remember that the Borg boff you get from KAG had a "Modify" button for some time and there were some assimilated Gorn models but you couldn't use them, just see them in the tailor.

I want the gatling tail, perhaps as part of a special kit or something for Gorn.

And I agree with nose rings, they don't look as good as an eyepatch!

The tail could be part of the standard Borg armor look. Unless they wanted to make it a special ability like pounce ETC.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wouldn't all Kitty-Borg end up bald?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Considering how much canon is broken, they can just keep the fur on and give them the infected skin look.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't mind seeing more skin/fur patterns; but I'd be content with just a decent selection of hair/mane styles.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing more skin/fur patterns; but I'd be content with just a decent selection of hair/mane styles.

I would be fine with Cryptic not adding anything else for a while if they just at least put one of these in-game. Manes, new patterns, actual Caitian feet ETC.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Considering how much canon is broken, they can just keep the fur on and give them the infected skin look.

But even if they did that, would infected skin not end up invisible when covered in fur?:confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    But even if they did that, would infected skin not end up invisible when covered in fur?:confused:
    I'm sure they could work something out.
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Humanoid Borg tend to go bald, and take some time to grow their hair back, felinoid fur would likely be the same issue. Though a part-grown part-bald infected look with ashen fur might suffice to show that while the infection is being cured slowly, it's still going to be a while before all that fur grows back; felinoids would have a longer recovery time before they look "normal" I think.

Or they can just slap the veiny stuff on the fur or make the fur a translucent, "thinned out" cover on top of the skin. Probably quicker that way anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ssargon wrote: »
    Humanoid Borg tend to go bald, and take some time to grow their hair back, felinoid fur would likely be the same issue. Though a part-grown part-bald infected look with ashen fur might suffice to show that while the infection is being cured slowly, it's still going to be a while before all that fur grows back; felinoids would have a longer recovery time before they look "normal" I think.

Or they can just slap the veiny stuff on the fur or make the fur a translucent, "thinned out" cover on top of the skin. Probably quicker that way anyway.

That could also work.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh I found some additional things that I would love. The pattern of the rare King Cheetah would be very nice.
    king-cheetah.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXV3MUgBVqzgMkV1QW5iJFZ2OGsPuXHW6kpUhtIinBts7j7Bmeog

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlcAHxYgmPxh_EaYjjQcAAN3hK4HEgVTcZywegrhbL0KXCoHR2Pw
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    There is actually one fur color that would be nice. A pure snow white.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why yes, I do need an overgrown tabby cat on my bridge. This thread has my support! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I know a few in my fleet want an Ocelot style pattern.
    Ocelot14.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Adding on to the snow white coat color, we really need a solid black too.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Adding on to the snow white coat color, we really need a solid black too.

Like the tribbles Susilo (white) and Thompson (black)?
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Like the tribbles Susilo (white) and Thompson (black)?

Pretty much. Could make a Panther or if they add manes,stripes, and white fur, white Lions and Tigers :D.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I would also like this feline pattern, from the Clouded Leopard:

2n1vwqc.jpg

And this, from the Serval:

30sued3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I would also like this feline pattern, from the Clouded Leopard:

2n1vwqc.jpg

And this, from the Serval:

30sued3.jpg

Serval looks like a cross between the Cheetah and Leopard with that coat.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Serval looks like a cross between the Cheetah and Leopard with that coat.

Indeed it does but it's also smaller and kinda cuter...
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Because there's more than one way to skin a catian. Oh ya I went there :cool: Perhaps they could do a distressed look y'know unkempt and matted with TRIBBLE.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Because there's more than one way to skin a catian. Oh ya I went there :cool: Perhaps they could do a distressed look y'know unkempt and matted with TRIBBLE.

Lion-facepalm-01.jpeg
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lion-facepalm-01.jpeg

Wel lthey have yet to provide a "personal hygiene" emote for catians. Y'know licking themselves in all the wrong places.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.