test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What the Ambassador should be.

captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Federation Discussion
I think the Ambassador as an Enterprise was a Scientific cruiser in a war time setting. since we don't know to much of what happaend after the B was launched the entire timeframe of the C is only speculation and a few facts. Like fact the Romulans were being *******s to the Klingons after Khitomer Accords were signed. thus. this is my idea for the Ambassador in STO.

Heritage Heavy Cruiser
It should have the Basic Enterprise-C skin as well as the Yamaguchi Design.
900 Crew
4 Fore Weapons
4 Aft Weapons
Bridge Officer Layout.
Commander Engineer
Lieutenant Commander Science
Lieutenant Engineer
Lieutenant Tactical
Ensign Tactical.
4 Engineering Console Slots
3 Science Console Slots
2 Tactical Console Slots
I expect it's special console to be something like a big blue tachyon beam that can rip shields for 12 seconds.

When this comes out I expect the Alternate TNG uniform's from the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise" to come out in the Z-Store.

I think secretly Captain Gecko agree's with me.

Like my fanpage!
https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
Post edited by captainbmoney on

Comments

• wunjeewunjee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Then the Yamaguchi comes out on the C-store a month later

Heritage Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
    1050 Crew
    4 Fore Weapons
    4 Aft Weapons
    Bridge Officer Layout.
    Commander Engineer
    Lieutenant Commander Tactical
    Lieutenant Universal
    Ensign Universal.
    2 Science Console Slots
    4 Tactical Console Slots
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    wunjee wrote: »
    Commander Engineer
    Lieutenant Universal
    Ensign Universal.
    ...That's 13 Boff powers.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think the Ambassador should certainly have a Lt. Cmdr sci at the very least, just if for no other reason than to fill out the roster of Fed ships.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    wunjee wrote: »
    Then the Yamaguchi comes out on the C-store a month later

Heritage Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
    1050 Crew
    4 Fore Weapons
    4 Aft Weapons
    Bridge Officer Layout.
    Commander Engineer
    Lieutenant Universal
    Ensign Universal.
    2 Science Console Slots
    4 Tactical Console Slots

That build is wrong on so many levels...
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wunjee thanks for ruining my thread with your Overpowered Fanfap suggestion...

Back to the basics Ladies and Gentlemen. Isn't my idea grand?

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2012

No it's not. Only hardcore ambassador class lovers would bother with this ship if that was the console and bridge officer layout. 2 tac consoles and TRIBBLE tac officer layout is a fail.. Reminds me of the star cruiser, which btw is arguably the worst cruiser fedside. I'd rather a layout similar to the excelsior, but instead of that ensign engineer make it ensign science and lower the turn rate. Make the console layout 3, 3, 3. Then it would be worth using.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Did I miss something? Has the Ambassador been announced?

Am I going to have to start saving my pennies again?
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like the original idea. A cruiser with a Lt. Commander science slot is currently something you can only do with the Odyssey. I'd make the ensign a universal.

It's not necessarily a ship I would fly, but it would make a better support cruiser than the Star Cruiser. Better turn rate than a SC or Oddy, so more fun to fly.

In keeping with the Enterprise-C tradition, I'd make its special ability sort of a cross between Goes Down Fighting and Ramming Speed.

"Heroic Sacrifice", can be used when hull is 25% or less, causes a large stacking damage buff for ten seconds, followed by a warp core breach.
    edited December 2012

You missed the sarcasm apparently.

It's going to release as a fairly basic ship with a much better* version of it coming out a month or two later, possibly in a $50.00 pack.

So "What should the free one be?" is kind of irrelevant since it's going to be blown away by the c-store version not long after.

*Results my vary.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just gonna say this now, and this is not a troll post or flame the OP post. This is what I feel about the Ambassador class ship.

That ship, along with the Connie and Excelsior, should only be used for hauling garbage. Or better yet, they should be hauled away. As garbage.

Due to another poster's request:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMrzdKzQTf8
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just gonna say this now, and this is not a troll post or flame the OP post. This is what I feel about the Ambassador class ship.

That ship, along with the Connie and Excelsior, should only be used for hauling garbage. Or better yet, they should be hauled away. As garbage.

If I could edit your quote to include a link to this, I certainly would.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is not understandable to me.... you would intentionally make a ship weak just so you can get it built?

You guys say fanfiction is bad but I would rather have an effective ship then a watered down log.

I wonder who's more of the fan here, the person who is watering down a ship to nothing just to get it on the boards or the one who's really trying to make it into what it really should be?

None of the big cruisers are worth getting because of this kind of blatant abuse that people are doing. All this concession-izing and coddling makes hose cruisers useless to every tac out there because none of them have any real bite to them and the only people willing to actually make a ship with some fight is PWE itself, come on people get it together. If you're going to make a ship that's more then likely not going to be made how you want it any how then at least have the courage to make it worth flying.

A big ship that can't rotate b-faw 3 or cvs 3 is seriously not a tanker ship to me, it won't be able to keep aggro, it won't b aggressive, and it will still fail to be anything but target on the field to be gunned down.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    If I could edit your quote to include a link to this, I certainly would.

;)

editing done =)
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
    edited December 2012
    Not everyone measures a ship's worth on squeezing the last ounce of DPS out of it.

Just sayin'.

I'd rather enjoy the ship the OP describes. Hell. I'd enjoy it if it was a 4-fore 3-aft sci-cruiser hybrid..
  • koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    But seriously...

What the Ambassador SHOULD be is the T3 Cruiser that you get before the Galaxy class makes its appearance at Tier 4. (Not saying it shouldn't get a T5 refit, mind you)

The Heavy Cruiser (Four Nacelle) should then, in turn, be made the hull type for Tier 2.

Get the Constitutions and ancient, "tall-ship" design theories out of the main line. If they have to be there, put them in the C-Store, with period-appropriate statlines.

(Yes, I'm bracing for the flame onslaught.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Actually that Lt. Cmdr sci might mean more than some would think.

Not everyone wants another DPS cruiser. I personally loved flying my old Star Cruiser a long time ago in season 4-ish, before I bought my RA Excelsior.

Lt. cmdr sci opens a LOT of possibilities, far more than a Lt. Cmdr Engineer would.

That slot can hold...

Gravity Well 1
    TSS 3
    Sci Team 3
    HE 3
    Jam Sensors 3
    Mask Energy Signature 3
    Polarize Hull 3
    Tachyon Beam 3
    Tractor Beam 3
    CPB 2
    Energy Siphon 2
    Feedback Pulse 2
    Photonic Officer 2
    TBR 2
    SS 2
    Tyken's Rift 2
    Photonic Shockwave 1
    Viral Matrix 1

Aside from heals, I could see some rather nasty things involving Viral Matrix for example. Buy some VM DOFFs, and suddenly cruisers are gonna start tossing out nasty science stuff, or disabling with PS 1, and so on from there.

Plus, having the Lt. Cmdr sci instead of a Lt. Cmdr engineer means fewer shared cooldowns on Engineering abilities, often times a great annoyance when it comes to cruisers.

It may not be a DPS cruiser, but then again, it's also not meant to be. Otherwise, it'd be little more than another copy of the Excelsior or Regent.

With the OPs idea (one I REALLY like btw), at least it'll have it's own new, and unique place in the game, while still being very useful.

I could post a whole build if I wanted, I already have a lot of ideas for it. If it does come with that Lt. Cmdr sci, that is gonna be AWESOME.
    koppenflak wrote: »
    But seriously...

What the Ambassador SHOULD be is the T3 Cruiser that you get before the Galaxy class makes its appearance at Tier 4. (Not saying it shouldn't get a T5 refit, mind you)

The Heavy Cruiser (Four Nacelle) should then, in turn, be made the hull type for Tier 2.

Get the Constitutions and ancient, "tall-ship" design theories out of the main line. If they have to be there, put them in the C-Store, with period-appropriate statlines.

(Yes, I'm bracing for the flame onslaught.)

I had a similar thought a few months ago. I felt for awhile that the Ambassador should be the roughly 'sister' ship to the Excelsior. The Excel would be the more nimble and tac heavy one, with it's transwarp drive and all that, while the Ambassador would be the more appropriate tier 3 ship and such, or maybe a tier 3.5 as a C-store ship, with a tier 5 varient.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mimey2 wrote: »

I had a similar thought a few months ago. I felt for awhile that the Ambassador should be the roughly 'sister' ship to the Excelsior. The Excel would be the more nimble and tac heavy one, with it's transwarp drive and all that, while the Ambassador would be the more appropriate tier 3 ship and such, or maybe a tier 3.5 as a C-store ship, with a tier 5 varient.

This really depends.

If they're going to give the Ambassador away to everyone, then they're going to realistically need it to be a T5 ship. A T3 ship is nearly useless to anyone who plays the game long enough to really start spending cash on it, and all things considered the trip to level 50 is not the beginning of the end, more the end of the beginning.

It's very unfortunate that all the ships that are obtained during leveling are essentially thrown away; I can think of a few great uses for them. However, I do know that the Ambassador's give-away version being a T3 ship would be essentially trolling the playerbase, and I can't imagine the rabid backlash.
  • paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited December 2012
    I think you'll see a "free" bare-bones Ambassador, and then a Z-Store version. I am in the minority, but in suggesting this, but I still think there will be (3) variants like the Odyssey: A Sci, Tac, and an Eng, simply b/c different players want the Ambassador to serve a variety of roles. AND...if PWE makes the price comparative to an Odyssey, players will buy the bundle and just use the variation they want.

I also believe the "Probert -sketching" is coming not too far in the future also. But I have a feeling the Devs will introduce that as a "Mirror-ship". And, it would make sense, since that version was never shown on-screen.
    edited December 2012
    red01999 wrote: »
    This really depends.

If they're going to give the Ambassador away to everyone, then they're going to realistically need it to be a T5 ship. A T3 ship is nearly useless to anyone who plays the game long enough to really start spending cash on it, and all things considered the trip to level 50 is not the beginning of the end, more the end of the beginning.

It's very unfortunate that all the ships that are obtained during leveling are essentially thrown away; I can think of a few great uses for them. However, I do know that the Ambassador's give-away version being a T3 ship would be essentially trolling the playerbase, and I can't imagine the rabid backlash.

True, doesn't mean there still couldn't be a lower tier version though.

Take the Steamrunner bundle. It has a tier 1 and tier 5 (fleet level) ship. So a tier 1 to level with and take the console from, and a tier 5 to use at endgame.

Let em give everyone a tier 5 Ambassador, let em sell a C-store tier 5, let em sell a C-store tier 3, I'd get it all still.

I think if they got a free tier 5 Ambassador, people wouldn't really be made about lower tier ones. Let's be honest, there's virtually a guarantee of a C-store Ambassador regardless.
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I for one strongly approve of the OPs build. With lt com science and lt+en tactical, it would be like a hybrid of star cruiser and assault cruiser and fill the void of a non-oddy lt com science cruiser. A science/multipurpose focus seems like the best fit for the ship.
    edited December 2012
    I am in the minority, but in suggesting this, but I still think there will be (3) variants like the Odyssey: A Sci, Tac, and an Eng

I really, really hope that they do it like this.

Sci - Yamaguchi
    Eng - Probert Ambassador
    Tac - Suricata's Rigel-class

I'd wet myself in happiness.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A T5 version just doesnt sound right to me for some reason
  • podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    if there's a t5 version, it should come with a Bellerophon-Techology skin (I can't remember what that whole line was called).. basically a "2409 era" re-envisioning of the spaceframe.

So what you get is the freebie classic version, then the ZStore expansion version which comes with the classic enterprise C, the Yamaguchi upgrade parts, and then the 2409 Shiny White high tech future model.

That's my wish, anyways.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why not a T5 Ambassador. You have a T5 Excelsior. Which is a smaller, less powerful ship than the Ambassador. The Ambassador is a between ship of the Excelsior and Galaxy. As you can see it in the design. Just for some odd reason it never did make it to the shows/movies like it should have. I'm sure the Federation built plenty of them, other than what they showed. A lot of the times, the shows would use "Stock Footage" of something they took already. To save time and money on the show. Which is another reason why the Ambassador wasn't shown as much.

I hope to see it as a T5. Considered it bought and used on the game when they do.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    how about an ambassador battle cruise with 3 commanders only.

a tactial
    a science
    a engeneering

all with 4 slots each

2 fighter wing bays.
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    aslong as it looks awesome i'll take it.
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    which ambassador look good to you?
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hope they use the original design of the ambassador as a z-store retrofit/refit and just use the ambassador design that was on tv as the free by or whatever. Why is everyone coming up with insane crew, the sizeof the ship is alot smaller than the galaxy class right?
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm not against a cruiser that leans heavy on science, but I am against a gimped cruiser with no tac ability. Look at the joke that is the galaxy class. No one uses that garbage scow because it fails at the dps race that is STO. Here's an ambassador class I'd use...

VA Ship

Crew: 800
    Base Turn: 7 - 40 inertia
    Base Hull: 39000
    Shield Modifier: 1
    Device Slots: 4
    Consoles: Engineering-3, Science-3, Tactical-3
    Bridge Officers:
    LtCmd-Tac (3)
    LtCmd-Engineering (3)
    Lt-Engineering (2)
    LtCmd-Science (3)
    Ensign-Science/universal (1)

You get access to some nice science abilities, but still have some decent engineering skills and decent tac ability so that you can actually do damage.
    Tza0PEl.png