test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change Character Bugs Fleet Chat

bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
edited December 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
While I do think the introduction of a Change Character option is tremendous, I have to say that it is a shame it is bugged. In particular, it appears to be bugged with regards to Fleet chat.

If I switch from one character to another, Fleet chat disappears from my list of selectable channels. Strangely though, I can still see Fleet chat. This even applies if I change from a Fed to a KDF character - I can still read my Fed Fleet chat, but not KDF Fleet chat, and I still can't select Fleet chat.

If I log out the old way (as in to the login screen where I have to change the old username for my PWE username) everything works fine.

Is this a known bug? If so, any ideas when it is likely to be resolved? Change Character is a brilliant option to have, but not if it doesn't work properly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by bortjinx on

Comments

• Options
    snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have confirmed this behavior on my account.

This bug appears to have first been reported here on 11-13-2012, within hours of the Character Select option going live on Holodeck [Ref Release Notes under UI section].

Additional reports can be found here, here, here, and here.

So... you are not alone, and unfortunately, this bug has yet to make an appearance in any Tribble Release Notes.
  • Options
    bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited December 2012
    I don't find it any big deal. If I want to change characters, I just do it the old fashioned way. I just think it is a shame that his long-requested feature finally makes it into the game, and it's bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am also having this problem. Fortunately, my Fed and KDF fleets use a common chat channel rather than their fleet chats 99% of the time. You can still use the /fleet command to post in the channel, however.
  • Options
    darkchaosbunniesdarkchaosbunnies Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same problem here. I also get some character bleedthrough, like fleet chats merging, say, if I am on my KDF toon and change character to a Fed toon, I can see the KDF fleet mates typing in their fleet chat still. Also happened with my team chat, when I didn't de-team before changing characters.

Not a game breaker, but annoying. And I confirm, logging out then in fixes the issue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]