test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Dilithium (Additions and Losses)

2»

Comments

• rjcfoxtrotrjcfoxtrot Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Games are about progress we are all whether we like or not addicted to seeing progress in things we do. It's in our psychological make-up, they know this, it should really be accepted as known by the playerbase too.

We are whether we like it or not under an unconscious pressure progress things... on top that there is the conscious pressure of fleet-mates and the new changes in Season 8 that will add even more to do... just like a game of Tetris we are compelled to cleat the blocks before too many pile up.

Patience and discipline, in all things.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rjcfoxtrot wrote: »
    Patience and discipline, in all things.

One cannot spend a life time taking one step per day up Everest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited November 2012
    One cannot spend a life time taking one step per day up Everest.

Probably not, but I'd hardly equate Everest to Star Trek Online.

Relax your play, be patient, employ discipline in how you spend your Dilithium. Stop stressing out about how much you have to spend to complete stuff.
    edited November 2012
    Probably not, but I'd hardly equate Everest to Star Trek Online.

Relax your play, be patient, employ discipline in how you spend your Dilithium. Stop stressing out about how much you have to spend to complete stuff.

As I said, the game is devoid of content other than stuff related to skill and item progression. So it's geared to a grind and plays of peoples psychology. Whether you accept that or not it is the reality.

I usually play what I can on the weekends and move on, but the reality for me is if I can't play during the week I won't be able to reach Tier 5 in personal reputation for over a year.

If you can an only queue 2800 points of skill per week... think how long it would take.

The truth is in order to get anywhere in any realistic time you must log in most days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited November 2012
    As I said, the game is devoid of content other than stuff related to skill and item progression. So it's geared to a grind and plays of peoples psychology. Whether you accept that or not it is the reality.

I usually play what I can on the weekends and move on, but the reality for me is if I can't play during the week I won't be able to reach Tier 5 in personal reputation for over a year.

If you can an only queue 2800 points of skill per week... think how long it would take.

The truth is in order to get anywhere in any realistic time you must log in most days.

A realistic amount of time is subjective. For you, given your playing habits, you're not satisfied with the return on your time invested. Only way to fight that is to realize, as you are pointing out, that it's using the psychology of a player to get you to keep playing and fill up those buckets.

The reality that should be accepted is that we realize that it's a game and there isn't any value placed on any of the various buckets and they are just indicators of time spent, nothing else.
    edited November 2012
    A realistic amount of time is subjective. For you, given your playing habits, you're not satisfied with the return on your time invested. Only way to fight that is to realize, as you are pointing out, that it's using the psychology of a player to get you to keep playing and fill up those buckets.

The reality that should be accepted is that we realize that it's a game and there isn't any value placed on any of the various buckets and they are just indicators of time spent, nothing else.

The problem is it's an entertainment product, the more they push "bucket-only" content at season release (read Omega Rep, Romulan Rep, Dilithium Dailies) the less entertaining the game will become. The past two weekends have shown me one thing, a lot of people have been turned off from playing, I'm one of them, if it wasn't for the rl money invested in game I doubt I'd be that bothered in even discussing this on the forum, it's sad to see a Star Trek game turn into nothing more than a 2nd job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another thing that seems not to be mentioned are the cooldowns. STF's were once a half hour cooldown and are now an hour. I don't know about the rest of you but I just can't devote hours a day, everyday to grind this game!
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Around 36 weeks
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    Another thing that seems not to be mentioned are the cooldowns. STF's were once a half hour cooldown and are now an hour. I don't know about the rest of you but I just can't devote hours a day, everyday to grind this game!

This is not true. STFs have always had a 1 hour cooldown.
    edited November 2012
    Updated with STOwiki.org Dilithium page link
  • bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    um this really needs to be updated
  • lolimpicardlolimpicard Member Posts: 309
    edited January 2013
    On KDF running the four "enemy empires" missions (Borg, Cardassian, Fed and Romulan?) only takes about an hour and they award 1440 dilitihum, each, so 5760. Doing an officer report before and after this (roughly 15 minutes per run) net's another 1920 dilithium (or something) - combined with some mild DOffing this will reach the cap within about 90 minutes (altho it's doable in as little as 75 minutes or so).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    He's dead, Jim.
  • mvaiksmvaiks Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On KDF running the four "enemy empires" missions (Borg, Cardassian, Fed and Romulan?) only takes about an hour and they award 1440 dilitihum, each, so 5760. Doing an officer report before and after this (roughly 15 minutes per run) net's another 1920 dilithium (or something) - combined with some mild DOffing this will reach the cap within about 90 minutes (altho it's doable in as little as 75 minutes or so).

Don't forget the Pi Canis Alpha, Bravo and Path of the Warrior. Alpha and Bravo rewards 960 dil each and Path rewards 2400 if you achieve all optionals of Alpha and Bravo.
    --- My sig begins here ---
    Member since Jan 24th 2010 (more or less)
    Career Officer
  • fedman70fedman70 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is this one of them? It doesn't say gives you any dil

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Empire_Defense_Against_Cardassian_Aggression
This discussion has been closed.