test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 Dilithium (Additions and Losses)

rjcfoxtrotrjcfoxtrot Member Posts: 109 Arc User
edited January 2013 in The Academy
Given all the talk of whether we've lost Dilithium or not, I decided to make a table of what has occurred with Dilithium Earning Capabilities. The following is what I have compiled. This is intended to contrast potential earnings prior to Season 7 with what is available after the launch of Season 7. This is an analysis of each category of activity and it will be left up to the player to determine how they would like to earn Dilithium.

*EDIT*This will be updated as changes are made to the ways Dilithium can be earned. *EDIT*

*Dilithium Earnings from Romulan/Omega Marks will be available in the near future

For a complete listing of all available sources of Dilithium, refer to STOWiki.org
http://www.stowiki.org/Dilithium

STF's

Available Dilithium Pool Post Season 7:3,840(normal) - 7,680(elite)

Available Dilithium Pool Pre-Season 7:2,880(normal) - 6,840(elite)

Current Pool increase/decrease for STF's in Season 7 to before Season 7: +960(normals), +840(elites)

Hive Onslaught (Avg. Time 25 - 30 minutes)
Season 7: 480 - 960
Pre-Season 7: 0

Into the Hive (Avg. Time 15 - 20 minutes)

Infected Manus (Avg. Time 25 - 30minutes)
Pre-Season 7: 480 - 1,140

Infected The Conduit (Avg. Time 15 - 20 minutes)

The Cure Applied (Avg. Time 25 - 30 minutes)

The Cure Found (Avg. Time 15 - 20 minutes)

Khitomer In Stasis (Avg. Time 25 - 30 minutes)

Khitomer Vortex (Avg. Time 15 - 20 minutes)

Post Season 7 - 8k Refinement Cap Average Time to completion*:

Average Play Time to achieve 8k Dilithium Cap w/ STF's (assuming back to back) -
Normal: Approximately 5 1/2 Hours
Elite: Approximately 3 hours, 45 minutes.

Shortest Average Time to 8k Dilithium Cap w/ STF's -
Approximately 2 hours, 15 minutes

Pre-Season 7 - 8k Refinement Cap Average Time to completion*:

Average Play Time to achieve 8k Dilithium Cap w/ STF's (assuming back to back) -
Normal: Approximately 5 Hours, 45 minutes *Does not include Salvage
Elite: Approximately 2 hours, 50 minutes. *Does not include Salvage

Shortest Average Time to 8k Dilithium Cap w/ STF's -
Approximately 1 hour, 55 minutes *Does not include Salvage

*Salvage has not been factored into these calculations due to the random nature of collecting Salvage. EDC's have not been factored in either since EDC's could be converted into Dilithium or used as a Currency for Gear. You could get yourself more Dilithium if you converted your EDC's into Dilithium, but does not affect the overall time taken to get to the 8k cap prior to Season 7.

Fleet Actions

Available Dilithium Pool Post Season 7:2,720

Available Dilithium Pool Pre-Season 7:1,440

Current Pool increase/decrease for Fleet Actions in Season 7 to before Season 7:+1,280

Breaking the Planet (Avg. Time 20 minutes)
Season 7: 640

Gorn Minfield (Avg. Time 20 minutes)
Season 7: 480

Klingon Scout Force (Avg. Time 20 minutes)

Starbase 24 (Avg. Time 20 minutes)

The Big Dig (Avg. Time 20 minutes)
Season 7: 640

Fleet Action Daily (w/ Fleet Action)
Season 7: 0
Pre-Season 7: 1,440

Post Season 7 - 8k Refinement Cap Average Time to completion*:
Average Play Time to achieve 8k Dilithium Cap w/ Fleet Actions (assuming back to back) -
Approximately 5 Hours

Shortest Average Time to 8k Dilithium Cap w/ Fleet Actions -
Approximately 4 hours, 20 minutes

Pre-Season 7 - 8k Refinement Cap Average Time to completion*:
N/A - Fleet Action Daily only source of Dilithium, not possible to reach cap on Fleet Actions alone prior to Season 7.

Dailies

Available Dilithium Pool Post Season 7:7,680+

Available Dilithium Pool Pre-Season 7:8,640+

Current Pool increase/decrease for Dailies in Season 7 to before Season 7: -960

Aiding the Deferi
Season 7: 1,440

Emancipation
Pre-Season 7: 480

Rescue Deferi Captives

Traelus Satellite Repair

Alhena Distress Call

Sh'Mar Rescue

B'Tran Expl. Daily
Season 7: 0

Strange New Worlds
Season 7: 1440

Foundry Daily (Average Play Time 1 Hour)
Season 7: 1440

Tholian Red Alert

Academy Midterm

Mining Daily
Season 7: Variable
Pre-Season 7: Variable

Relies upon performance in mining mini-game *

Post/Pre-Season 7 - 8k Refinement Cap Average Time to completion*:
Reaching your 8k cap pre-season 7 is more of a yes/no rather than a question of how long did it take you to do it within a 24 hour period before the refinement cap reset. If one completed all of these dailies during a 24 hour period, you would reach your cap. Post-Season 7, it is no longer possible to reach your cap on these activites alone. However, with a combination of these activities and Duty Officer Missions, one can reach the 8k Dilithium Refinement Cap.

*I have added the Mining Daily found in the Beta Ursae Sector. There is no fixed amount of Dilithium to be earned from this event as it depends entirely upon your performance in the mini-game. As everyone's performance is different, I have not included it in the final numbers for this section, or the earnable pool found at the bottom. However, it is a source of Dilithium and I tend to average 450 to 500 Dilithium.

Player vs. Player

I've axed this section for now until PvP picks up.

Duty Officers

Dilithium Earnings from Duty Officers can vary drastically depending upon what assignments are available. Due to the lack of steady Dilithium earnings data from Duty Officer Missions, it will not be included in the available pool. It should be noted though that Dilithium is available in small quantities of 5 Dilithium up to 2,000 Dilthium.

For example...

The go-to Duty Officer Mission that you can rely upon is the Turn Over Confiscated Contraband which awards 2,000 Dilithium. With a run time of 4 hours, and being repeatable, you could potentially make over 12,000 Dilithium from this mission in a 24 hour period. This relies upon your ability to have the 5 Contraband available each time to do the mission, which can be gained through doing other Duty Officer Missions such as Inspect Civilian Freighter, Investigate Reports of Trafficking in Contraband, or Confiscate Contraband from Crew.

Available pool post Season 7: 14,240 to 18,080
Available pool prior to Season 7: 12,960 to 16,920

Current Pool increase/decrease in Season 7 to before Season 7: +1,280 assuming Normal STF's to +1,160 assuming Elite STF's

Duty Officer Missions do NOT count towards the available pools both before, during, and after Season 7.

Mining Daily is NOT factored into the available pool as the amount earned can vary depending upon the performance in the mining mini-game.

*This is the Average Time taken according to the queue system. Actual experience may vary.
Post edited by rjcfoxtrot on

Comments

• latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rjcfoxtrot wrote: »
    Infected Manus
    Pre-Season 7: 480 - 960

Infected The Conduit
    Pre-Season 7: 480 - 960

All elite STFs before S7 awarded 1140 dilithium, not 960. And if you did the featured one on Wednesdays, it awarded 1500. Might want to correct your calculations.
    edited November 2012
    Edited to reflect STF Earnings prior to Season 7 for Elite Mode
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First your additions at the end are pointless because everything takes time. Plus is this just for Fed?

Lets say I did 25 elite STF in a day(crazy) but just to show how your numbers are misleading

1100x25 = 27,500 + 50 edc or 5000 dilth for a daily total of over 32,000

now I guarentee I would get some proto or rare salvage which would increase that number to above 35,000

So what is the purpose of you adding those up - they are totally misleading. There are no times specified. So you would have to add up the time required for each thing you listed total to compare it to something else.

So I could do 3 STF elite per hour on avg or about 7 hours
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Where are:
    The Big Dig (daily): 1440 dil
    Klingon Scout Force (daily): 1440 dil
    Gorn Minefield (daily): 1440 dil

On your list?
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • ferrelleferrelle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While this is a useful post to know where to get your dilithium from, the 'earnable' totals at the bottom are somewhat unnecessary as they in no way reflect how a normal player looking to obtain dilithium would play pre-season 7 compared to now.
  • robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First your additions at the end are pointless because everything takes time. Plus is this just for Fed?

Lets say I did 24 Infected elite in a day(crazy) but just to show how your numbers are misleading

1100x24 = 26,400 + 48 edc or 5000 dilth for a daily total of over 31,000

now I guarentee I would get some proto or rare salvage which would increase that number to above 35,000

So what is the purpose of you adding those up - they are totally misleading. There are no times specified. So you would have to add up the time required for each thing you listed total to compare it to something else.

Let's not forget the 8k cap, which makes the OP's post even more meaningless.
  • rjcfoxtrotrjcfoxtrot Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Updated with Fleet Action Daily
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let's not forget the 8k cap, which makes the OP's post even more meaningless.

Made a minor change to show the time it would take to do 25 - elite STF - for over 35,000 dilth - which could be done across 4 toons to spread out the 8k cap

Total of 7 hours - the top listed by the OP of 20K would probably take the same amount of time or more - specifically when I could sit at DS9 the whole time vs flying all around the Galaxy to do the rest. So infact under the NEW changes you would get only HALF the dilth for the SAME amount of time!
  • basedelta0basedelta0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Should add the 200 dil for each neural processor. 5 neural processors = 1000 dil. Which brings the elite stfs to 20 dil MORE than before S7.
    So infact under the NEW changes you would get only HALF the dilth for the SAME amount of time!

25 stfs x 1160 dil = 29000 / 35000 = >>> 0.5.
    edited November 2012
    Updated with current average queue times for reaching 8k refinement cap for STF's and Fleet Actions
    edited November 2012
    Updated with pre-season 7 average queue times for reaching 8k refinement cap for STF's and Fleet Actions
  • cindylawsoncindylawson Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Lets say I did 25 elite STF in a day(crazy) but just to show how your numbers are misleading

1100x25 = 27,500 + 50 edc or 5000 dilth for a daily total of over 32,000

So I could do 3 STF elite per hour on avg or about 7 hours

Sur, but if one only plays four or five STFs, and gets no salvage/tech drops, then those items don't matter, do they?

And that was pretty regular for me. I work some fifty hours a week. I get home, or I have a day off, often times I'm only playing STO for a couple of hours. Plus, I'm here more for RP than for blowing stuff up (as much fun as it is).

So I think the summary is fairly right on in not considering EDCs/Salvage/Tech. You couldn't get Dilithium from EDCs without doing 10 STFs, which might take me three or four days, and even after doing 10 STFs, I might not get a single piece of Salvage/Tech.
    http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    Where are:

On your list?

Did they remove those random dailies because I just completed one yesterday? Even so, they are in addition to what a run through awards (as I said I just did the Klingon Scout Force mission - go the Dilithium reward for the single runthrough, and then turned in the daily and got another 1440 Dil for that.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited November 2012
    Did they remove those random dailies because I just completed one yesterday? Even so, they are in addition to what a run through awards (as I said I just did the Klingon Scout Force mission - go the Dilithium reward for the single runthrough, and then turned in the daily and got another 1440 Dil for that.

They're not available all at the same time, just one at a time.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    Where are:

On your list?

o where to get gorn minefield and the big dig daily quests? didnt even know they exsist
    edited November 2012
    warpet wrote: »
    o where to get gorn minefield and the big dig daily quests? didnt even know they exsist

Admiral Yanishev on the Federation side
    B'Mera on the Klingon side

Can nab them from the Available tab when you click on the Faction symbol found at the bottom left of your mini-map.
    edited November 2012
    they dont show up for me ;/ only klingon scout daily
    edited November 2012
    warpet wrote: »
    they dont show up for me ;/ only klingon scout daily

Right, because only one will be available at a time. Tomorrow it could be something else, like Big Dig.
    edited November 2012
    kk ty :)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Originally Posted by crypticarmsman
    They're not available all at the same time, just one at a time.

Right, which is EXACTLY the way they were since they have been in game back ion Season 5 when dilithium was added and the game went F2P - gthey are randomly offered dailies; so they haven't been removed or changed for S7.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited November 2012
    Right, which is EXACTLY the way they were since they have been in game back ion Season 5 when dilithium was added and the game went F2P - gthey are randomly offered dailies; so they haven't been removed or changed for S7.

I never said they were changed or removed. You may be confusing me with someone else.
    edited November 2012
    Updated format and added Duty Officer information.
    edited November 2012
    Updated with Dilithium Mining Daily found in Beta Ursae
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    basedelta0 wrote: »
    Should add the 200 dil for each neural processor. 5 neural processors = 1000 dil. Which brings the elite stfs to 20 dil MORE than before S7.

25 stfs x 1160 dil = 29000 / 35000 = >>> 0.5.

Absolute nonsense IMO.

Current maximum numbers for dilithium post season 7 = 960 + 750 (for 75 marks turning into 750 dilithium, but time gated) + 200 (from borg probes)

960 + 750 + 200 = 1910 dilithium per STF maxed out, completed optional and I'd imagine the mark->dilithium reward will only be once per day and 20 hours.

Pre-season 7 I was averaging 2.4k dilithium per run over a sample of around 200 runs. That's converting all EDC, Tech and Salvage into dilithium.

I'm not moaning about the dil nerf, because I honestly think it's fine and at an acceptable level - but to call it a dilithium increase is just flat out wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited November 2012
    Updated with Academy Midterm Daily
  • dehcuotdehcuot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you rjcfoxtrot.

I don't really care if we lost ability to farm dilithium or gained more. They changed things and there is nothing we can do about that. All I care about is figuring out what I can do to farm dilithum faster then I am right now. My time playing this game is limited so I want to make it count. Right now I can finish all 4 elite borg space stfs before their 1 hour cool downs are over. So I'm left with around 3-7 mins of time where I can't do a borg space sft. Your post confirms that this seems to be the quickest way to farm dilithium as of right now. The mining game takers about 7 mins and I get average of 185 per mine for 925 per day. Throw in the academy test and you looking at 2 hours to put yourself over the max for the day.

Sadly I don't have 2 hours a day to play this game but on week ends I can play for longer so following this route will only lead to slightly less results once the 2 dailies are over with.

So thanks again for taking the time to break it all down for us. I'll check back to see if any updates come which makes a different route quicker.
  • crashoveride2crashoveride2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you would think that with the slight increase in dilthium from your report, you would think the dilthium economy conversion rate would increase, right? Last time I was it was 126 dilthium to the Zen
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you would think that with the slight increase in dilthium from your report, you would think the dilthium economy conversion rate would increase, right? Last time I was it was 126 dilthium to the Zen

No for two key reasons.

1. The reality is these calculations posted are not in any way accurate at all. The truth is if you ask anyone on the STF's channels in game how much they made from Proto Salvage and Rare Salvage, they would tell you... a lot. Over 5 STF's I'd usually get at least 1 proto salvage and 1 rare salvage (that's 3k Dilithium alone). They were random, but they sure showed up a lot for most people. In some instances I got 3 Proto Salvages, but I'd say that's a 1/20 mission event.

In continuation on the point about dilithium, there are 2 factors not mentioned at all here. Firstly the large dilithium sinks in embassies and the continuing dilithium sinks in fleet projects. Ultimately there are more sinks and there has been no significant inflation in dilithium to match the increased sink costs. Add to that the next factor, that dilithium is now spread across more thinly across more events than being concentrated in just a few events. This increases the time it takes to farm and increases player irritation with the game, thus both the amount refined and the amount spare after commitments to exchange is lower than Pre-Season 7.

2. The other key factor in all this is people have been sitting on their dilithium or are still converting all the dilithium they cashed out knowing how poor the OMEGA boxes would be. Many are also sitting on their dilithium because of the uncertainty of dilithium costs for future projects. There was a I had posted and expected in the other forums a brief rallying of Zen values as people began to unleash some of their reserves when Zen hit a low prices... this flooded the market temporarily... this was however then offset by that wave of dilithium spending receding and the amount of Zen increasing on the exchange due to the dilithium sale.

Overall the value of Zen will continue to be depressed until people have hit Tier 5 and know for sure what they need to spend on what projects. Even after that though the price will probably not increase to the level it was Pre-Season 7 thus reflecting the overall negative change in the economy.

This of course will benefit Cryptic as less dilithium spare means more Zen transactions to buy up what Spare dilithium there is. It will also be a boon to those who are not in fleets, do not need to worry about any large dilithium sinks or costs at the moment.

============================================

Let explain my own conclusion about how much the average player needs per to do per day to keep up with personal progression and fleet progression.

I set the goal at:
    • 60 Romulan Marks per day
    • 75 Omega Marks per day
    • 50 Fleet Marks
    • Setting up Doff Assignments
    • 1 Dilithium based PVE
    • 5 minutes to queue up your rep projects
    • 5 minutes to contribute to fleet projects

The result is at the moment for one character you need:

15 Minutes for the 60 Romulan Marks, using the Tau Dewu daily.
    15 Minutes for the 75 Omega Marks, using ISE
    45 Minutes for the 50 Fleet Marks, using Officer reports (until the daily minefield is fixed)
    20 Minutes for setting up Doffs, (includes travel to various places)
    20 Minutes for Dilithium PVE, SB24
    10 Minutes for queuing projects

Total: About 2 hours (not including time wasted due to loading transitions etc)

In terms of Dilithium farming you will make from 2 hours work...

960 from ISE
    1440 from Officer Reports
    1000avg from doffing (more if you have the option to do rare assignement and then crit them, plus of course contraband)
    1440 from SB24

total Dilithium: appx 4840. (this can be boosted by increasing weekly incomes like cashing in 5 contraband and 5 BNP's, those rewards would then be divided over 5 or 7 days... if you have a lot of Purple doffs you could crit a lot of missions and get maybe 2-3k dilith from assignments)

======================================

I have 3 characters so to keep up with the daily I would need to do 6 hours per day.

Therefore, most of this work is shunted to the weekends, apart from Officer reports which is on a timer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited November 2012
    Individual experiences will vary, as I indicated in my original post. Some won't make their cap, others will do it in 6 hours. My own experience has me making my cap in about 2-3 hours of play each day with a combination of DOff'ing, Fleet Actions, and Dailies.

I did want to address this particular point though.
    In continuation on the point about dilithium, there are 2 factors not mentioned at all here. Firstly the large dilithium sinks in embassies and the continuing dilithium sinks in fleet projects. Ultimately there are more sinks and there has been no significant inflation in dilithium to match the increased sink costs. Add to that the next factor, that dilithium is now spread across more thinly across more events than being concentrated in just a few events. This increases the time it takes to farm and increases player irritation with the game, thus both the amount refined and the amount spare after commitments to exchange is lower than Pre-Season 7.

While there are more sinks in Season 7, you do not have to do all of them at the same time. It's entirely up to you with regards to what you want to put resources into. No one is under any pressure to get their Starbase, Embassy, or Reputation to max as fast as possible. That's a pressure they've created themselves if anyone feels that way.
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Individual experiences will vary, as I indicated in my original post. Some won't make their cap, others will do it in 6 hours. My own experience has me making my cap in about 2-3 hours of play each day with a combination of DOff'ing, Fleet Actions, and Dailies.

I did want to address this particular point though.

While there are more sinks in Season 7, you do not have to do all of them at the same time. It's entirely up to you with regards to what you want to put resources into. No one is under any pressure to get their Starbase, Embassy, or Reputation to max as fast as possible. That's a pressure they've created themselves if anyone feels that way.

Games are about progress we are all whether we like or not addicted to seeing progress in things we do. It's in our psychological make-up, they know this, it should really be accepted as known by the playerbase too.

We are whether we like it or not under an unconscious pressure progress things... on top that there is the conscious pressure of fleet-mates and the new changes in Season 8 that will add even more to do... just like a game of Tetris we are compelled to cleat the blocks before too many pile up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
This discussion has been closed.