test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(After 11/9/12 patch) - Tribble Bug#: 30245 - The Space Boff Display is screwed up

crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,112 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Tribble - Bug Reports
(After 11/9/12 patch) - Tribble Bug#: 30245 - The Space Boff Display is screwed up

Description:
The in Space Boff Display is screwed up (and I DON'T have a default Shuttle Selected). After the new Tribble patch I logged in to find I have the extra Boffs that appear if you selected a default shuttle in the previous Tribble EVEN THOUGH I NEVER SELECTED A DEFAULT SHUTTLE. This is a MAJOR bug, and if S7 goes Live with this, it would be enough to make me completely stop playing STO until it's fixed (Assuming you ever get around to doing so asthis is the 3rd S7 Tribble patch). I can't believe you guys are less then a week from S7 launch and STILL have MAJOR unfixed bugs like this in the version that will probably go Live Tuesday.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If ya look really closely... you'll find that EVERY BOff Power is Available at the moment for ALL your ships.

"...The more They overthink the plumbing... The easier it is to stop up the drain..."

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dude chill. enjoy the bug while its there.
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol. 5x Commander rank BOff slots for me at the moment. The extra ensign universal, from my To'duj being set active, was gone when I logged on, which apparently unassigned all my BOffs... On slotting a Sci in the Universal Lt. of my Fleet Tor'kaht, it expanded to fit Tykens Rift 1 and Gravity Well 3. Everything else now accepts and uses commander abilities. :eek:

It isn't just a display glitch, I can fire off CRF3, APO3, RSP3, and EWP3, at least in the space around DS9.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Guess that means I should select a shuttle and man it with a Boff. But, yeah, the point stands that QA failed again, because it all powers are available in this situation; I'd call it a 'show stopping' bug - and sorry to say, either shows Cryptic's QA as incompetent; or if QA did flag it as a showstopper - shows those above them as incompetent for saying, "Okay, let's push this out as is anyway."

Seems no bug or exploit no matter how serious will delay a push date that marketing has set. Sunch a bug also skews ANY useful data they might get with reguardd to play balance in space based content across the board.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Zeronius just posted that they are patching this.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg