test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

purchased DOFF availabily

lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
Is there s timer that needs to expire before I can use a purchased DOFF on an assignment ? I purchased a very specific DOFF for an assignment 48 hours ago and he's still unavailable to be assigned to any mission.

When can I use this guy ? He wont show in the 'all available officers' list while assigning DOFFs, but he's there when looking at the entire roster when NOT assigning for a mission.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead
giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Post edited by lordmalak1 on

Comments

• jafobss1701jafobss1701 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you sure its Same faction as you? They show up in your roster even if there not same faction!
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You bought a Fed doff. The new UI is awful and makes it impossible for new players to tell which faction a doff is.

Best way to tell when looking at the exchange - if you aren't sure from their picture - is to right click and look at their rank. KDF will have the same rank icons as KDF get at various levels, while Fed will have a more US military look.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aww TRIBBLE, your right- he's Cardasian.
    :eek:
    It's so hard to tell these guys apart now.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• trillambassadortrillambassador Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have a DOFF that is behaving similarly, only it is a Fed Doff and I'm a Fed Character. A Damage Control Engineer, with resolve, that I can't use to fabricate a console from an alien artifact.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have a DOFF that is behaving similarly, only it is a Fed Doff and I'm a Fed Character. A Damage Control Engineer, with resolve, that I can't use to fabricate a console from an alien artifact.

make sure you didnt accidentally set him to your active crew. you cant use active crew DOff's on assignments.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    aww TRIBBLE, your right- he's Cardasian.
    :eek:
    It's so hard to tell these guys apart now.

Yeah, Cardassians are particularly easy to get mixed up with. With white-quality doffs KDF get a red border so you can actually tell the factions apart, but green-quality and higher the border is according to doff quality instead of faction.

Before season 6 the bottom part of the border was colored for the doff's quality while the top of the border was blue/red for Fed/KDF. For some reason it got changed.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, Cardassians are particularly easy to get mixed up with. With white-quality doffs KDF get a red border so you can actually tell the factions apart, but green-quality and higher the border is according to doff quality instead of faction.

Before season 6 the bottom part of the border was colored for the doff's quality while the top of the border was blue/red for Fed/KDF. For some reason it got changed.

Funny that I picked up the same DOFF off the exchange a few minutes ago (different name) with exactly the same traits AND Cardassian but in KDF flavor and after changing ships to get to my bridge (Sompek bridge is broken) he works great.

Good eye spotting those rank insignia in his dossier, appears to be about the only way to tell which faction these guys are.

...Also wasn't aware Cardassians go both ways.
    :rolleyes:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Funny that I picked up the same DOFF off the exchange a few minutes ago (different name) with exactly the same traits AND Cardassian but in KDF flavor and after changing ships to get to my bridge (Sompek bridge is broken) he works great.

Good eye spotting those rank insignia in his dossier, appears to be about the only way to tell which faction these guys are.

...Also wasn't aware Cardassians go both ways.
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, you can get Cardys through gamma packs, exchange programs, the Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar repeatable, and other ways as either faction. With some doff pictures you can differentiate the portrait background as well, to tell what faction they are at a glance. It's still very subtle though, so the rank pips and names are best. Hopefully with all the icons added this week to the doff assignment thumbnails, the doffs themselves will get a graphical overhaul soon and remedy this long standing issue.
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't understand why the 'neutral' race DOffs such as cardassians aren't cross faction anyway...
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kimmera wrote: »
    I don't understand why the 'neutral' race DOffs such as cardassians aren't cross faction anyway...

Maybe they can't have cross-faction doffs due to system limitations? Seems like quite an epic oversight in the development of the system but I guess it's a possibility. If they had x-faction doffs I think they would have used them by now though(Tholian Warfare Specs, for example)