test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The SBUGC List of Great Missions (2.0)

124»

Comments

• bzdryngolbzdryngol Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi captains, can you recommend some missions with eye-catching maps? I really like the 'trek' part of this game. Mayby you have some screenshots?

Maps in explore strange new worlds were usually nice.
  • observatorrobservatorr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Are there any missions which are recreations of Cryptic missions that have been removed from the game or that include characters or species that have been removed from the game?
    Also, are there any missions where the authors have put their own PCs in the mission as NPCs?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I'm not aware of any Foundry missions that accurately recreate a missing Cryptic mission. You may find Foundry missions, however, that involve characters and events that are no longer in the official story arc. Captain.Hunter's Divide et. Regnes is one, it intended to follow up Divide et. Impera. There are undoubtedly more but that's the only one I can list off the top of my head.

Commander Romaine, formerly of Memory Alpha, may show up in AEI missions. For those we created a DS9-style crew of which she was a part. I can't recall which AEI missions involve her (in some way) but I can say that none of mine (Apex, Eons, Trident, Epoch) involve her as a character with dialog. Three Star Tale is probably the best place to start looking, Djxprime made great use of our crew.

You'll probably run into player characters relatively frequently in Foundry missions, either in the main cast or in the background. When getting into the Foundry for the first time your existing characters and boffs are a ready resource for guiding Foundry character/story ideas. That's up to individual authors to disclose though, in most cases the difference between "character created for the Foundry" and "character created to be played in STO" is not perceptible on its own. And subsequently you're liable to see big changes for the Foundry version as they proceed through their Foundry missions (it's a different creative environment to simply playing the main game.)

Examples that I know:
    -Admiral Aaron, from the mission: Invictus
    -Cetsa Ji'Goro, from the SSF series
    -Iliam, from the SSF series

I got into the Foundry around a year and a half ago. I originally created Cetsa for a Boff (and later player character) around 3 years ago (during STO season 8). Iliam I created as my first KDF character (around 4 and a half years ago) but what I've made him into for the Foundry only bears a thematic resemblance to the original character. And at present their characters are entirely defined by their Foundry appearances, I only use their old player character/boffs to play around with story ideas when actually playing STO.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Does anyone know of any interesting alien species that were created for Foundry missions?
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    @kirksplat, if this list is still being maintained, could you add "[RSE] Citizenship" by Gawain_VIII to the Klingon mission list? It was reviewed by @drogyn1701 on Foundry Roundtable in April of last year.
    newstosiggy.png