test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In depth mission reports upon request

1373839404143»

Comments

• solastriussolastrius Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Hiya' there 70th. It's me, back again for more help and free handouts!

I truly enjoyed working on this most recent mission.
    I'm hoping you'll also find some enjoyment in reviewing it for me if you'd be so kind.
    The Information is as follows...

The Good-Guys: Smuggler's Trail

Federation Oriented for level 51+
    EV-Suits are absolutely required!
    ID = ST-HME2NG9ML

The mission forum-thread can be found here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1214952/the-good-guys-smugglers-trail
  • evil70thevil70th Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    Hey Evil70th, I am back with more Episodes in season 1 of my SFI series, that I would like you to review,It been awhile since I got a review done by you so, some catching up to do. lol. But in the future I will post a mission when I am done so I don't tie up the line of review missions. I will list them all here.
    Thank you for taking your time to review and to provide feedback and comments.
    Allegiance: Federation
    Project ID: ST-HJMYM05ZH
    Starting location: Beha system in the Vulcan sector in the Beta Quadrant
    Estimated Mission Length: 1-1.5 Hours
    Story description: You and your ship finish delivering supplies to New Romulus, When Rear Admiral Jeff White from Starfleet Intelligence has a mission for you.
    Project ID: ST-HAW3KMQQI
    Starting location: Andoria system in the Vulcan sector in the Beta Quadrant
    Estimated Mission Length: 30 minutes to 1 hour
    Story description: Lt. Vadik Winn from Starfleet Intelligence has called you to ask for a personal favor, with all the help she has given to you and your ship in the past, you have agreed to help her. You have been informed that the Orb of Time has been stolen but by whom and for what reason.
    Project ID: ST-HEPJZMLGW
    Starting location: P'Jem system in the Vlucan sector in the Beta Quadrant
    Estimated Mission Length: 45 Minutes to 1 hour
    Story description: You and your team have caught up with the stolen Orb of Time. It was stolen by an old friend who is intent on changing the past. Will this person successful in changing the past. The clues from the past will help you and your crew put an end to a future threat. We will see how these characters all started their journey to where they are now.
    Project ID: ST-HHLDUIV24
    Starting location: Vulcan system in the Vulcan sector in the Beta Quadrant
    Estimated Mission Length: 1-1.5 Hours
    Story description: After several deadly attacks by the Ar Risalah, the federation receives intelligence on where the operating base is located. Starfleet sends vessels to end this threat once and for all. The leader of the Ar Risalah is finally located.
    Project ID: ST-HPUI3OB5W
    Staring location: Pico in the Vulcan system in the Beta Quadrant.
    Estimated Mission Length: 45 Minutes-1 hour
    Story description: Starfleet Intelligence needs you and your crew to locate a missing Federation vessel. You soon come across the vessel with no life signs in low orbit of an inhabited planet which leads to first contact with a species that was believed to be long extinct.

Sorry again for posting all 5 missions here, I through it be easy for it all be in one listing instead of all 5. Please post the review here. Thank you. I will make sure I as for reviews right away instead of waiting and I have been busy. Wont happen again.

Thanks again for taking your time to play, review and to leave feedback to my missions.

Logitech007

Hi Logitech,

You are right, this is a lot of missions. Your missions are now 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 in my queue. I really have no idea when I will be able to get to reviewing your missions, but at least they are in the queue.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    solastrius wrote: »
    Hiya' there 70th. It's me, back again for more help and free handouts!

I truly enjoyed working on this most recent mission.
    I'm hoping you'll also find some enjoyment in reviewing it for me if you'd be so kind.
    The Information is as follows...

The Good-Guys: Smuggler's Trail

Federation Oriented for level 51+
    EV-Suits are absolutely required!
    ID = ST-HME2NG9ML

The mission forum-thread can be found here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1214952/the-good-guys-smugglers-trail

Hi Solastrius,

Welcome back to the queue. You mission is currently 10th in the queue behind Logitech. As I mentioned to him I have no idea when I am going to be able to get to your mission, but it is going to be a long while.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian

gawainviii wrote: »
    Request review for [RSE] Duty, Citizenship, Service.

Mission Name: [RSE] Duty, Citizenship, Service
    Author: Gawain_VIII
    Minimum Level: Any
    Allegiance: Klingon
    Project ID: ST-HED5HZKHP
    Estimated Mission Length: 30 Mins

Klingon Mission - Duty, Citizenship, Service
    Author: Gawain_VIII
    Allegiance: Klingon
    Project ID: ST-HED5HZKHP

Report Start

Summary: This is a good mission with well-designed maps, a few challenging battles and well written story dialogue. I would definitely recommend this mission to other players. You did a great job and once you correct the minor issues I mention below it will be a great mission.

Below are a few things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good initial task. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

MAPS:
    Supply Distribution Facility: This is a good map with an easy battle and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Rator III: The map design is nicely done and the story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue, but I did note one thing to consider changing:
    -The interaction with the emergency responders felt as if it were rushed. It seemed as though there was not much thought put into it. As if you were trying to get past it to move to the next task. Consider adding more dialogue between the player and the emergency responder regarding the issue before the player is sent away. Also consider adding more responders closer to the incident, extinguishing the fires perhaps and helping the injured. That would make it seem more involving for the player.

Deep Space: The map design is good and the story dialogue is well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue, but I did note a couple of things to consider changing:
    -Consider changing the map orientation and warp effect. I have never been fond of the North-South Weather Star Streaks. They appear to be broken unless you are moving at full impulse. Consider changing the orientation of the map to a west to east orientation. You can then use the West-East Weather Star Streaks which look much better.
    -Consider adding a drop from warp interaction before the map transfer text, indicating standard orbit.

Khitomer Conference: This is a good map design with a challenging, but fun battle, and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue, but I did note one thing to consider changing:
    -Around the combat ring the fire towers are hovering off the ground. Consider having them placed on the ground.

Khitomer System: This is a good map design with very challenging battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Rator System: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue, but I did note one thing to consider changing:
    -The map transfer dialogue, consider changing "We have recieved the coordinates" to read "We have received the coordinates".

Imperial Romulan Senate Chamber: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

End Report

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. As I mentioned above, you did a great job developing this mission. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
    Brian

This critique report also filed 05/09/2016 on forum posting for: [RSE] Citizenship.
    Hi everyone.

As you may have noticed, I have been posting my reports rather sporadically over the last several months. This is mainly due to my work schedule but also has to do with the level of attention I need to pay to each mission I am reviewing. I want to make sure that each mission I review receives a fair and thorough review. It is becoming more difficult to find time to conduct these mission reviews. Of course I want to help authors develop better missions but it grows more and more overwhelming everyday. I plan to try and continue my reviews but as I mentioned in two of my recent replies each review remaining is going to be a while in coming, so I must apologize ahead of time for the long delays in getting your reviews.

Thanks you for authoring,
    Brian
    edited May 2016
    Not a problem at all. In fact if it helps, you can even skip mine without me minding at all.
    Our real lives must always take precedence. (of course you could still play it, just for fun :) )

Thanks again for all the effort you put in to help the STO community.
    Post edited by solastrius on
    solastrius wrote: »
    Not a problem at all. In fact if it helps, you can even skip mine without me minding at all.
    Our real lives must always take precedence. (of course you could still play it, just for fun :) )

Thanks again for all the effort you put in to help the STO community.

Thank you Solatrius. I appreciate your understanding and I will get to your mission as soon as time permits. Thank you to all that take the time to author missions. Please know that it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for authoring,
    Brian
    Here' another one for the pile, while you're away.

The Good-Guys: Halo of Bureodd
    Authored by @solastrius
    Requires level 46 or above
    Federation only
    Project ID: ST-HKGPDHGFN
    Estimated play time of 120 minutes

Link to the forum thread:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1220449/the-good-guys-halo-of-bureodd

Gonna' get started on part 3, so maybe you can review the entire series together once you return.
    Hi everyone,

Wow. This last year has just gotten away from me and now we are into the new year. I am afraid that I will have to revoke my offer to do “In depth mission reviews” from this point forward. Life has just become much more complex and I love playing this game when I can. For these reasons I plan to conduct reviews and continue to offer advice on ways to improve missions as needed but will not be doing so in the same in depth fashion as before.

See you in the game.
    Brian
  • uncle2fireuncle2fire Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Hi Evil,

I totally understand life getting in the way, and not having the time for such long or in depth reviews. I know I don't have nearly enough time to put together a review like the ones you've done. That said, I think my mission Tylysus Crisis was somewhere on your list already? I'd still love if you had time to give it a playthrough at some point, even for just a few pointers or ideas you might have.

Thanks a lot for all the reviews you've given in the past!

Bryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    Thanks for your good work Evil70th, we all appreciate it
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan