test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Osman is standing as she watches the feed of the battle.

Osman: I hope we are making the right choice.

Rotek: sometimes my dear the only choices one is given are bad ones. But a choice must still be made. Such is this situation.

Osman: I know. Just something about this feels different. I can’t explain it.

The two return their attention to the screens.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    logang19 wrote: »
    Parz watch’s the screen as he thinks

Parz: all ships move around the rifts and engage engines to full. Continue to push against them.

Ensign: aye sir relaying orders now

Athena: Revised countdown. 10 minutes to detonation.

Matt: SCV Squadrons, pull back to the fleet. Stand by to evacuate. They've called our bluff.
    Parz watch’s the republic movement.

Parz: something isn’t right here.

Officer: sir?

Parz: they are pulling back their ships and regrouping. They are doing something. It’s simply a matter of what.

Officer: your orders sir?

Parz: continue on course and prepare to engage the blockade directly. I want to finish this before they can do whatever it is they are planning.

Officer: aye sir.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    Ooc: wows it’s so quite.

OOC: Sorry, we're having a heatwave over here, just to cement the impression we're descending into hell. So yeah, haven't been feeling great the last couple of days.
    War Room

Atlas pops up nearby.

Atlas: I believe I may have an answer for that.

He pulls up another display showing UNSC space and a number of odd readings that are picked up.

Atlas: it appears they have been receiving a lot of help lately from Virgo and or the mirror universe.

Sam: Just what we need; another war.

Hargrove: The Alliance threat is negligible in space now, Prime Minister. I can divert the 5th Fleet to assist the Federation.

Sam: Are you sure that's wise?

Hargrove: We can't afford to let the UNSC get a strategic advantage.

Sam: Alright. Do it. And see if Osman can't find out where these UNSC fleets are coming from. We've given the UNSC plenty of chances. Enough is enough.

Hargrove: I don't quite follow, Prime Minister.

Sam: I want that gateway closed. We can't keep fighting hordes of extra-galactic fleets forever - not in our current state. We need to deal with this once and for all.

OoC: I'm sorry... I guess this is the longest I've been gone for a while. Depression has been hitting me hard and I've been kind of coasting.

H Karen: is that like a high chance of a yes?

OOC: Don't worry about it man. I kinda know how that feels the last few weeks. Take care of yourself.

Karen: I don't know. It's up to Drake I guess. I don't think he'd say no.

H Karen: So high chance of Yes it is. *She seems almost giddy*

Karen: Do you want to do anything?

OoC: Was Garrick supposed to be participating in the battle?

H Karen: Well... In here I kind of want to explore different biomes. See different worlds.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Meanwhile

Janeway: are all ships ready?

Ensign: yes sir all ships report ready.

Janeway: very well all ships make the jump and prepare to engage UNSC fleet.

After a short jump

Janeways fleet moves in again to engage the UNSC fleet at the nebula. This time there are fewer UNSC ships as some had departed to assist at Arcadia.

Janeway: look like we caught a break the UNSC fleet isn’t as large as before. All ships move in to engage. Clear a path for the Alamo to get in range of the nebula and use it’s weapon to destabilize it. Then we can pull out till we are ready to retake the entire area.

A few moments later

Ensign: all ships acknowledge sir.

Janeway: well then let’s get this done and over with. All ships engage.

OOC: Sorry, we're having a heatwave over here, just to cement the impression we're descending into hell. So yeah, haven't been feeling great the last couple of days.
    War Room

Atlas pops up nearby.

He pulls up another display showing UNSC space and a number of odd readings that are picked up.

Atlas: it appears they have been receiving a lot of help lately from Virgo and or the mirror universe.

Hargrove: The Alliance threat is negligible in space now, Prime Minister. I can divert the 5th Fleet to assist the Federation.

Sam: Alright. Do it. And see if Osman can't find out where these UNSC fleets are coming from. We've given the UNSC plenty of chances. Enough is enough.

Sam: I want that gateway closed. We can't keep fighting hordes of extra-galactic fleets forever - not in our current state. We need to deal with this once and for all.

OoC: I'm sorry... I guess this is the longest I've been gone for a while. Depression has been hitting me hard and I've been kind of coasting.

OOC: Don't worry about it man. I kinda know how that feels the last few weeks. Take care of yourself.

H Karen: Well... In here I kind of want to explore different biomes. See different worlds.

*OOC: Garrick went on leave to see Kara and Satin. Benson's in command right now.*

Karen: Okay... Me and Serah aren't really dressed for that...

I was sorta think on more martial lines. *Smiles.*
    Parz watch’s the republic movement.

Parz: something isn’t right here.

Officer: sir?

Parz: they are pulling back their ships and regrouping. They are doing something. It’s simply a matter of what.

Officer: your orders sir?

Parz: continue on course and prepare to engage the blockade directly. I want to finish this before they can do whatever it is they are planning.

Athena: All warheads deployed. Detonation in 5 minutes.

Matt: Signal the retreat.

Athena: First retreat wave initiated. Next wave in 60 seconds.

*At this point, the UNSC ships start detecting multiple epsilon particle flares: possibly from the retreating ships' fold space drives; but several of the flares are growing in intensity.*
    Ensign: sir....

Parz: figure out what is causing that now!

Parz walks over to a terminal looking over the readings.

Parz: something isn’t right here. Alert the planet. Something is very wrong.

Ooc: once they go boom boom the republic is going to be in for a shock at what is going to happen.
    Ensign: sir....

Parz: figure out what is causing that now!

Parz walks over to a terminal looking over the readings.

Parz: something isn’t right here. Alert the planet. Something is very wrong.

Ooc: once they go boom boom the republic is going to be in for a shock at what is going to happen.

Athena: Detonation in two minutes.

Matt: Open a channel.

All UNSC vessels, this is Admiral Forrester. I advise you to withdraw to a safe distance.

Athena, get us out of here and detonate.

*The Republic ships fold jump out, leaving dozens of cylindrical warheads floating in space, followed by a bright flash from each and a massive subspace tear opening around the system, before the tear closes, leaving subspace around the system destroyed, leaving the Virgo gateway the only way in or out, cut off from the rest of the Milky Way.

Dalos Alpha Prime. In the Admiralty War Room, Sam is pacing with a mug of tea.*

Hargrove: Prime Minister, we've received a signal from the 5th Fleet.

*Sam looks over.*

It's done. 5 SCVs lost, no other casualties.

*Sam let's out a breath in relief.*

Tell Matt to get to the frontier. This is only the start.
    Ooc: oh and now the real bad blow

As they detonate and the ships are pulling out they detect a massive build up of energy in the Arcadia star. Being already opened as it is always the gateway network on the star begins overloading from the sub space affect of the warheads as the gateway begins to collapse in on itself.

Parz: what the hell happened!

Ensign: sir some kind of warhead detonation it’s affected subspace and is affecting the gateway network on the star its overloading. Our scans estimate it will explode in a matter of minutes if not sooner.

Parz: and there’s no way to stop it.

Ensign: no sir. I doubt the republic expected that kind of reaction though.

Parz: send a message out to all UNSC ships and stations and colonies. Winter contingency is in affect.

Ensign: aye sir.

A few seconds after they send out the transmission

Ensign: sir the gateway is overloading the star is about to produce a level 10 shockwave.

Parz: men it’s been an honor serving as your commanding officer.

He turns to the view port as he softly sings

Pared: O'r Fuddugol wiriol sydd
    Ni fydd neb yn ein drechu
    Falch ydy ni i drochu
    Draed o'r flaen i'r Annwn
    Mewn y gwybodaeth fe godwn ni.

He watch’s as the shockwave approaches and in moments whips out everything in the system and proceeds to travel through the next two systems before it ends.

Ooc: told you it was going to be a boom boom but this works great for me.

Osman has turned away as atlas pops up

Atlas: ma’am you need to see this

Osman turns and looks at the screen

Osman: my god....
    Ooc: oh and now the real bad blow

As they detonate and the ships are pulling out they detect a massive build up of energy in the Arcadia star. Being already opened as it is always the gateway network on the star begins overloading from the sub space affect of the warheads as the gateway begins to collapse in on itself.

Parz: what the hell happened!

Ensign: sir some kind of warhead detonation it’s affected subspace and is affecting the gateway network on the star its overloading. Our scans estimate it will explode in a matter of minutes if not sooner.

Parz: and there’s no way to stop it.

Ensign: no sir. I doubt the republic expected that kind of reaction though.

Parz: send a message out to all UNSC ships and stations and colonies. Winter contingency is in affect.

Ensign: aye sir.

A few seconds after they send out the transmission

Ensign: sir the gateway is overloading the star is about to produce a level 10 shockwave.

Parz: men it’s been an honor serving as your commanding officer.

He turns to the view port as he softly sings

Pared: O'r Fuddugol wiriol sydd
    Ni fydd neb yn ein drechu
    Falch ydy ni i drochu
    Draed o'r flaen i'r Annwn
    Mewn y gwybodaeth fe godwn ni.

He watch’s as the shockwave approaches and in moments whips out everything in the system and proceeds to travel through the next two systems before it ends.

Ooc: told you it was going to be a boom boom but this works great for me.

Osman has turned away as atlas pops up

Atlas: ma’am you need to see this

Osman turns and looks at the screen

Osman: my god....

Sam: Oh, God, what have I done...?
    Osman: atlas what the hell happened.

Atlas: it appears a reaction to the subspace detonation and an overload in the gateway system. Without direct scans I can’t tell for sure though.

Osman: how many people are dead.

Atlas: I’m not sure you want to know that number.

Osman: how many people

Atlas: given the population of the surrounding colonies and the stations and ships in the area we are looking at a minimum of 4 billion people.

Osman falls into her chair unable to speak.
    UNSC space

UNSC Dark Hold
    Admiral Harper is about his ship as he receives the message of what happened at Arcadia and receives the transmission for winter contingency.

Harper: get me admiral Jrell right away.

A few moments later

Jrell: yes what can I do for you admiral I’m busy dealing with the federation.

Harper: I’m ordering you to return to UNSC space. Winter contingency has been activated.

Jrell is silent for a moment as he takes in the orders.

Jrell: how bad is it?

Harper: the Arcadia, Kelios, and Jorvik systems have been destroyed. We are going to assemble what ships we can at Cole outpost. From their we will carry out what must be done.

Jrell: understood.
    Cole outpost

Jrell walks in where Harper is waiting already.

Jrell: sir can I speak freely sir

Harper: go ahead

Jrell: sir what are we going to do now. Being unable to bring in ships now we can’t really carry out winter contingency.

Harper: I figured you would bring that up.

He sighs as he pours them two drinks

Harper: we will deploy the remaining ships we have around key positions. Protect what we can as much as we can.

Jrell: do you think anyone is going to make a push against us?

Harper: no. The federation won’t risk a conflict and I think the republic is going to be reeling from what happened.

He takes a drink as he walks to a window looking outside.

Harper: we will figure out deployment once we hear from Strauss and see what is left of our army and ODST special forces.
  • nickfury92nickfury92 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Ooc: ugh so I can’t log into my main account so had to log into this very annoyed right now.
    Ooc: so very very quite guess I’ll krep going on this end right now.

Harper is standing alone in his quarters as he watch’s the footage again of the destruction of Arcadia.

Harper: computer end playback.

He gets up pouring himself a drink as he walks over to the window looking out. As the highest surviving member of fleetcomm he knows everyone is looking to him to make sense of what happened. So many people lost family or loved ones in the destruction. He needed to be strong not only for them but to try to keep everything they still had from falling apart and into chaos. His door chimes as he turns.

Harper: enter.

A young man walks in one who like himself finds its now his job to help lead. Strauss came from a long line of military family but was still young and Harper knew he would need someone to help him through this time as well.

Strauss: admiral I’m sorry I’m late. It took longer to get here then expected.

Harper: it’s quite alright. So what knees do you have for me.

Strauss: sadly not very good news. A number of systems are declaring they are going to go independent and the military of those systems is backing those decisions.

Harper: as expected how many remain under our jurisdiction?

Strauss: so far 14.

War Room

Atlas pops up nearby.

*OOC: Garrick went on leave to see Kara and Satin. Benson's in command right now.*

Serah: Sparring?

H Karen: Dressed like this? *she raises an eyebrow*

OoC: Sorry again.

War Room

Atlas pops up nearby.

*OOC: Don't worry about it.*

Karen: Why not? Just a little grappling match?
    Osman is in her office looking over the readings of what happened at Arcadia.

Osman: alright stop playback. I’m not finding anything new here.

Atlas: from what I have been able to piece together there is no way anyone could have foreseen that this would have been the outcome.

Osman: but it was. That is the problem.

Atlas: indeed. Yet worrying about something already done seems to be a humanoid thing that waste valuable energy.

Osman: what’s the report of UNSC activity at all border locations?

Atlas: while nothing major has happened it appears that the UNSC is breaking up into factions that control certain systems and such. We should expect more attacks along the border for some time.

Osman: then alert all ships and have everyone keep a close watch.
    Break down of how the UNSC will break down.

Admiral Harper will control the biggest faction and have the most ships and troops he will also control the most systems.

Admiral Narn and Governor Tarson will control equally sized portions and amount of military supplies

General Kel will control a smaller area but has the most in way of specialized forces and has a large amount of supplies.
    *The Republic 5th Fleet takes position near the fragmenting UNSC Border.*
    Harper is in a make shift control center looking over reports and readings coming in for the area he has control over.

Tech: sir I have the others on a secure line but I’m not sure how long that it will stay

Harper: thank you put them through.

He waits a minute as they appear.

Harper: everyone now is not the time to fracture and splinter up.

Tarson: easy for you to say. Not all of us have faith in everyone else’s military decisions.

Kel: agreed. I think it’s better we all go with who we trust. And right now I don’t trust the likes of any of you.

Harper: please tell me one thing then. That you won’t provoke any of the other powers.

The group nods as the signal drops.

Harper: this is not going to go well I can already tell.
    Harper is working on a terminal as his door chimes.

Harper: enter.

Strauss walks in with two fully armored Spartans.

Strauss: I’ve assigned Spartans 101 and 102 as your personnel guards. The way things are going we can’t be to careful right now.

Harper: I appreciate it. I for one will sleep a lot sounder knowing I have two of them for security.
    Ooc: hey guys so just want to put this out there and see where we are at right now. Is this something everyone wants to keep doing or is it time we finally end it? I mean we have had and kept this going a very very long time. If everyone wants to keep going great if not let me know so we can kinda decide where we are at.
    OOC: I wanna keep this going, just got a lot on my mind right now. Dealing with a lot of anxiety and stress. Also sorta waiting on West, 'cause I don't wanna move too far without his input.

*5th Fleet, Republic-UNSC Border. Most of the R.S.S. Enterprise's crew is still in shock at the events at Arcadia. The collapse of the UNSC has put the campaign against Free Delta on hold while the fleet patrols against any reprisals from the UNSC remnants.*
    Ooc: no worries I plan on keeping this going as long as everyone else does. Just wanted to make sure. No rush on posting or anything.
    While Harper has control of space near the federation border Kel has control of space near the republic border. While he hasn’t directly struck out at them he keeps them on edge by ships appearing just outside weapons range scanning the area then leaving quickly.
    Cobor station

Kel is looking over the recent scans of the republic fleet at the border.

Kel: send another group in an hour and keep me updated.

Officer: yes sir.

He sets the padd down as he walks into his ready room where he pours himself a drink before walking to his desk.
    OoC: I'm back, I'm sorry for all the trouble, I got tired of the stress and terrible working conditions and hours and I quit my job. What have I missed?

War Room

Atlas pops up nearby.

*OOC: Don't worry about it.*

Karen: Why not? Just a little grappling match?

OOC: Here you go man. Hope you can find a new (fairer) job soon. Also, the attack on the Arcadia system didn't quite go to plan, destroying the entire system and sending the UNSC into collapse.