test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Posting in the Forums

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited October 2012 in The Academy
Hello Captains,

There have been a few questions that have come up recently regarding who is able to post in the STO forums, so I'd like to try and answer some of them here.

While anyone can read the forums, only Gold Members, and Silver Players who have ever had a subscription or have made a C-Store purchase*, can post in the forums**.

*Purchases using points earned through the Dilithium Currency Exchange in-game do not count.

**Silver Players are able to post in designated boards without meeting the above requirements (which are also set out here).

Also, it is important to note you must have had your email address verified to post if you meet the above requirements.

I hope this clears up any confusion :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    And us Lifetime members, too! :D
    edited April 2012
    Tucana wrote:
    And us Lifetime members, too! :D
    Wait, Lifers are no longer "gold members"? ;)
    edited April 2012
    temprus wrote: »
    Wait, Lifers are no longer "gold members"? ;)

What? ... You haven't received you Latnium Card yet?
    edited April 2012
    @ PWE_BranFlakes

When a silver player who has not made a cstore purchase tries to post on a non-designated board can they please be redirected to a webpage explaining why? That tooltip on the f2p matrix is insufficient, hard to find, and easy to forget.

All it takes is one or two attempts and they are likely to lose interest in posting and even coming to the forums fullstop. With respect, YOU MUST DO MORE ON THIS please.
    edited April 2012
    nynik wrote:
    @ PWE_BranFlakes

When a silver player who has not made a cstore purchase tries to post on a non-designated board can they please be redirected to a webpage explaining why? That tooltip on the f2p matrix is insufficient, hard to find, and easy to forget.

All it takes is one or two attempts and they are likely to lose interest in posting and even coming to the forums fullstop. With respect, YOU MUST DO MORE ON THIS please.

Well... you get what you pay for... Paying nothing, entitles you to nothing... That includes service.
    edited April 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well... you get what you pay for... Paying nothing, entitles you to nothing... That includes service.

Going by this logic, anyone who doesn't want to pay shouldn't play?
    edited April 2012
    A C-store purchase lets me post in here? I didn't know that. Haven't tried since my first attempt and discovered silvers were not allowed to post.

This is great news! I have a new forum site to post in!

Thank you for this info.
    edited April 2012
    Im a Silver player guess i did the dirty deed and got stuff from the C-STORE
    edited June 2012
    wouldn´t it be smart to let F2P at least post into the Free-to-Play Q&A section of the forums?

Seems pretty stupid to me to restrain new players from getting help and assistance, especially since the only other place to get help, the ticket system, usually takes a couple of days to come around with answers.
    edited June 2012
    People should be more aware of this I wasn't and it wasnt until I upgraded my bank space that I was able to post
  • pleggplegg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Great i did not know that thanks for the information
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Entrepreneur Plegg
    "The French Ferengi"
    =/\= Fleet Admiral =/\= Starfleet Ambassador =/\= Tactical Officer =/\=
    D'Kora Marauder [T5-U] - Marauder Mo
  • admiralross64admiralross64 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I did not know either
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hello Captains,

There have been a few questions that have come up recently regarding who is able to post in the STO forums, so I'd like to try and answer some of them here.

While anyone can read the forums, only Gold Members, and Silver Players who have ever had a subscription or have made a C-Store purchase*, can post in the forums**.
    Here is the conundrum. If I paid roughly $100 for c-points, through the use of a credit card, would that not qualify me for more posting privileges? Even though I am a 'Free 2 Play' player, the amount I have injected into c-points out paces the monthly subscription fees. Until you folks got rid of the system, I was buying virtual c-points cards. As a mater of fact, I just bought another set of c-points last week.

My reward for investing into the system is a degrade. Unless you folks do something to fix the system, many of your loyal c-points consumers are going to feel punished.

Since the first day I arrived, my account has always been connected to Perfect World.

I have always maintained a balance that sits between 1,000 to 2,000 c-points. Once I go below a certain threshold, I buy more virtual c-points to keep the balance at a constant level.

Also, I have been apart of this family for over four months, so I think I have proven to be a loyal consumer.

Why did I suddenly lose certain posting privileges?

::: ADDED EDIT :::
    I just sent out a ticket. Maybe I will get some answers.
  • zeke53zeke53 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hey this is more of a question than a comment. I designed a ship for sto. Who can I talk to about getting it published. Thanks :confused:
    -Zeke
  • zeke53zeke53 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zeke53 wrote: »
    hey this is more of a question than a comment. I designed a ship for sto. Who can I talk to about getting it published. Thanks :confused:

and just for the record my avatar says ensign but im vice admiral
    :D
    -Zeke
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zeke53 wrote: »
    and just for the record my avatar says ensign but im vice admiral
    :D

That's a rating of your post count, not your ingame characters.
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can post in the forums.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sjamesh wrote: »
    I can post in the forums.

That's because this is outdated. Silvers now have unlimited forum access, as shown in the features matrix.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • cwtalcwtal Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2012
    What? ... You haven't received you Latnium Card yet?

Good stuff, very funny. Woo hoo, I can post now. :D
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Who read from the ancient text of Necromancy???

BEGONE EVIL ONE!! This thread has been laid to rest in the name of the Great Bird of the Galaxy. It will not do your evil bidding no more!!!
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • gearshipgearship Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    what i dont under stand is if they actually want people to play the game why do they do stupid stuff like this.. and since i cant create a new topic im ranting here so enjoy.. AND STOP BEING LAME and eiter increase the dillithium amount that can be refined or make it unlimited and just increase the amount neccassary to purchase the ships.. i love the game but i find my self not wanting to play it because whats the point i cant get a vice admiral ship for a month or i can spend 50$ on a ship that is barley better then the one i got so again star trek online devs and mods you need to fix this stuff it makes the game lame
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    -_____-

Mr. Moderate, Tear down this thread...
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The post needs to be deleted or invisible. It's trolling and not constructive and not relevant to the thread at all.

But I agree, the thread could go the way of the dodo since anyone with an account can post. Clearly.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Zombie thread closed.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
This discussion has been closed.