test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem'Hadar Bridge Officer Customization

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I know that, at the moment, the Jem'Hadar bridge officer can't be customized. Will customization options be available at some point in the future?

Also, I noticed something odd about my Jem'Hadar officer. When I enable visuals on his armor, only the bottom half looks like the armor, while the upper half looks like a normal Jem'Hadar uniform. Is this intentional or is it a bug?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not unusual.

None of the special BOffs are customizable. The Breen, the KA Borg, the Reman, none of which are customizable.

As for the partial appearance of armor, the KA Borg BOff also has a partial effect with armor, only the top half appearing.

Don't hold your breath on customization.
    edited March 2012
    I havent gone back to get more then one yet, but does anyone know if all there faces look the same or is it random each time?
    edited March 2012
    They always look the same. On the STO wiki in the upcoming plans stuff somewhere on there it says that they'd like to give us customization for special BOs, but who knows when (or if) that'll happen.

Don't care if we can't customize them to be in KDF/Starfleet uniforms (That is at least the Breen/Reman/Jem'Hadar. The other ones kind of really need to be able to *cough* Photonic Officer *cough), but they really need to have body/face sliders and more costume options within their racial costumes. All of those neat Breen outfits and the one we get access to is bland as hell. Same with the Jem'Hadar, and the Reman's outfit isn't so great either.
    edited April 2012
    Sigh. if i had known this before i made him join my crew i probably would have waited to put him on my active roster.... now i have a Jem'hadar that COULD be awesome on my crew, but because of the usual Cryptic half baked ideas you cant customize him to be utterly badass...

While your at it Devs, fix it so i can put my Fed gorn in a Fed uniform. Some people here care about that kind of stuff. Worf dident run around on the enterprise in KDF gear....
    edited April 2012
    While I'd love a high degree of customization with the special officers, the *least* they could do is give us the option of putting combadges on them (or changing, in the case of the Photonic Sci BOFF).

Even in the shows, when there was a 'special crewperson' (Neelix, Kes, etc) on the ship, they may have had their own look, but they wore the ship's combadge.
    edited April 2012
    CedricO wrote:

While your at it Devs, fix it so i can put my Fed gorn in a Fed uniform. Some people here care about that kind of stuff. Worf dident run around on the enterprise in KDF gear....

You can sort of do that. Disable extra costume pieces like the shoulder pads and enable visuals on a standard body armour. It'll look like ugly body armour but it'll still be Fed ugly body armour.
  • britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    *Bump* and...

With the advent of the Jem'Hadar as a playable race(s), and the introduction of a new uniform that everyone can wear... Will our Jem'Hadar BOffs now have customisation options?

#HopeSpringsEternal
    General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Bumping threads is against the forum rules.

edguN8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.