test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to the F2P Q&A

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Can anyone tell me how many character slots a new F2P player has and can extra character slots be bought in the C-Store?
    You can find the answer yourself by looking here...

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_features
    edited February 2012
    Has any one else who was a past subscriber found that their "extras" on their Silver Accounts have vanished?

I had the full amount of inventory slots the week after the game officially went F2P (-NOT- the early start week), yet since logging in last week my grandfathered slots have vanished and now the game is telling me to purchase additional slots with C-Points.
    edited March 2012
    The F2P Matrix does really help with many questions for new players. :)
    edited March 2012
    I have 3 toons right now, but if i get F2P will i have to delete 2?
    edited April 2012
    scottwears wrote: »
    400 cryptic points a month

I also have a Lifetime Subscription. So your saying we get 400 Cryptic Points every single month? Do we get any edge over F2P's? Like Ships, Crew, unique items, etc? There has to be some form of difference from Lifers to F2Pers because anyone can get 400 cryptic a month as either Lifer or F2Per. However the 400 cryptic a month would be worth it if we also get some sort of C-store available only to Lifers of STO.

What I'm saying is, i don't care about the 400 Cryptic points. I can buy that easily especially since I am willing to support Cryptic for making this game as well as they did, in general. But not only that, but anyone can get CP and anyone can get the same stuff as I can with the 400c a month so there is no uniqueness between us Lifers and new F2Pers.

Do we get bonus missions? Items? Ships? Crews? Deck Themes? Special Characters? any bonus content at all unique to the Lifers at all?? I'm speaking from a mindset that F2Pers will have obviously paid nothing but the Lifers have paid substantial amounts. So I would think we would get something more special exclusively for Lifers compared to others.

Please tell me I'm wrong and something has come out exclusively for Lifers. 400 points is NOT exclusive because anyone can get that.
    edited April 2012
    Please tell me I'm wrong and something has come out exclusively for Lifers. 400 points is NOT exclusive because anyone can get that.
    You're wrong. ;)
    Non-Lifers do not get a monthly stipend of 400 points. Frankly, as a Lifetime subscriber (like yourself), I welcome those 400 points. If I'm patient, I will be able to get one of the Bortas or Odyssey ship packs within 10 months. :D
    edited April 2012
    When you purchased your LTS you did so for only 2 reasons:

1: To get the Liberated Borg, Costume Pieces, Title, and other various perks of the LTS.

2: You never wanted to pay Subscription fee again.

None of that has changed between Subscription and FTP. You still have access to the 2 reasons you became a Lifer. With FTP get have an added bonus: you are permanently Gold, and as such get 400 free CPs every month.

Lifers were never "exclusive" before FTP - IE, you didn't get anything any other Subscriber didn't also get. Why should you get more in FTP then what you agreed to when the game was Subscription-only?
    edited April 2012
    Tucana wrote:
    You're wrong. ;)
    Non-Lifers do not get a monthly stipend of 400 points. Frankly, as a Lifetime subscriber (like yourself), I welcome those 400 points. If I'm patient, I will be able to get one of the Bortas or Odyssey ship packs within 10 months. :D

Gold subscriptions get the 400 Cryptic Points, same as LTS...
    edited April 2012
    I currently have two federation captains and i do not want a klingon. If i choose to goto free to play would i lose one of those federation captains even though i wont use it for klingon.

I know what they will say but i really dont wana lose both charators
    :eek:
    LOL ... I use to feel the same way until I played as a Klingon ... Now I prefer the klingon side ..... And for a long time after I started playing as a klingon I wouldnt play fed side ... I do now but I still prefer the klingon side if for no other reason I really dont like the blue interface that feds have ... The Red interface puts me into more of a fighting mood and since PVP is what I mainly like its better for me ... They should let us change our interface color to match what we like instead of the no choice we have now ....:D
    edited April 2012
    Will be in c-store more items what are free for gold memember?

I mean. In Champions Online there are 37 items for gold memembers. but in STO only 1!!!!:mad:
    edited April 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    When you purchased your LTS you did so for only 2 reasons:

1: To get the Liberated Borg, Costume Pieces, Title, and other various perks of the LTS.

2: You never wanted to pay Subscription fee again.

None of that has changed between Subscription and FTP. You still have access to the 2 reasons you became a Lifer. With FTP get have an added bonus: you are permanently Gold, and as such get 400 free CPs every month.

Lifers were never "exclusive" before FTP - IE, you didn't get anything any other Subscriber didn't also get. Why should you get more in FTP then what you agreed to when the game was Subscription-only?

Captain's Table was just for LTS before Crpytic dropped the ball on that one.
    edited April 2012
    Hi Everyone, Its been 4 months since playing and i know its gone free to play. But if its FTP, Why am i still being charged? What extras am i getting if im still paying money? Is it worth still paying?

Cheers.
    edited May 2012
    My inquiry is :
    if i had an account before the f2p, can i use that account with the f2p?
    edited June 2012
    Hello, everyone! Haven't been able to play because the system will not allow me to link my PerfectWorld account and my Cryptic account. Anyone run into that? Any suggestions?
    edited June 2012
    Hello, everyone! Haven't been able to play because the system will not allow me to link my PerfectWorld account and my Cryptic account. Anyone run into that? Any suggestions?

Might be helpful if you told us what was happening when you try to link accounts. Are you getting some sort of error? A success message but the linking doesn't occur?
  • knaghknagh Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have a GeForce 6100 graphics card and meet all the other *minimum* requirements. Is there any chance I can run this game on the lowest graphics?

Thanks!

Eight year, two month resident of Paragon City finding new challenges and combating new evils in Millenium City.
  • nevlavinianevlavinia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've upgraded my account from Free to Gold, but I have some questions and doubts.

1. I'm already Vice Admiral, will I get 1 respec token since I'm 50? Some say yes, some say no, some say I have to wait a few days to get it (like I've waited 2 days to get 500 Zen points)

2. If I create a second char, when I get back to free will it remain active or I have to choose between my chars which one to keep active?

3. Should I be able to create Joined Trills char? (I think not, but wanna be sure)

4. While creating a Trill char, I got to choose few but truly nice outfits (dresses), different from the option I got on my main char. I've made my selection, saved the outfit but once I moved to the name selection those outfits vanished and I got the general ones. Is this working as intended? Is it a bug? Cause I've tryed to find those special outfits even in the Zen store but couldn't find them.

Thanks for your patience in reading and answers :)
  • thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    1. You don't ger respecc tokens retroactively, but nearly everything else (bankspace etc.)

2. Created chars can still be played after reverting back to silver. You keep all Gold benefits unlocked so far (except EC Cap), but don't unlock more.

3. Joined Trill is a C-Store Species, once unlocked, it stays unlocked.

4. I guess you saw "Off Duty" clothing. You can change them at any tailor ingame after character creation, be aware, some clothing require C-Store purchases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lasaboylasaboy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you've got questions and are looking for some clarifications concerning Star Trek Online's transition to a free-to-play model, this is the place to ask them.

EDIT: Star Trek Online: Free-to-Play launches January 17, 2012.

Can someone explain why the game is continually down for shard maintenance?
    It's real pain when you are playing and almost through a section or about to pick up a reward and the server disconnects
  • cuylarp97cuylarp97 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As with most FTPs you can enjoy some of the game without paying money unless you want something special, i actually chose this over DCU because a lot of their stuff is off-limits w/o money.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not sure if someone answered this or not, i couldn't find anything...IF SO PLEASE quote it :) Thanks.

Question:

When purchasing the 2 extra character slots pack on the C-store/zen store, is it only for one faction or is it split between fed and KDF?

I want to know because I want to make a FED Sci and FED eng and just want to find out if its limited to just one faction or if its one to fed and one to KDF(which i never play much anyways)

Thanks for the help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    Not sure if someone answered this or not, i couldn't find anything...IF SO PLEASE quote it :) Thanks.

Question:

When purchasing the 2 extra character slots pack on the C-store/zen store, is it only for one faction or is it split between fed and KDF?

I want to know because I want to make a FED Sci and FED eng and just want to find out if its limited to just one faction or if its one to fed and one to KDF(which i never play much anyways)

Thanks for the help.

The slots you buy from the zen store are unrestricted; you can use them for either faction. So you can use them to create two Federation characters, two Klingon characters, or one of each.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    velktra wrote: »
    The slots you buy from the zen store are unrestricted; you can use them for either faction. So you can use them to create two Federation characters, two Klingon characters, or one of each.

Alright. Thanks for the quick answer. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • capthowdy187capthowdy187 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is there a certain amount of zen you can purchase as a silver player to become gold?
  • harryquinnharryquinn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is there a certain amount of zen you can purchase as a silver player to become gold?

The only way to become a Gold player is to pay the subscription fee. No amount of raw ZEN purchases can unlock this for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • no11223no11223 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    is there a level limit for a free subscription?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    no11223 wrote: »
    is there a level limit for a free subscription?
    No, there is no level limit. You can go all the way to 50 just like someone who pays.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • gilliam62gilliam62 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Been away for a very long time, and patching game up now really confused by this F2P stuff and this Money Z or C store stuff, as i was a lifetime subscriber and only played the first 2 Months of the game, does this make me super rich with credit or do i have to buy ontop of my Lifetime sub the Z/C money !!
    very Confused Gill.
    It's got three alternatives
    it thinks we're either a threat, food or mate.
    It's either gonna kill us, eat us or hump us
  • gilliam62gilliam62 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and why is my post count and name been reset or have i log into somebody elses account !!
    It's got three alternatives
    it thinks we're either a threat, food or mate.
    It's either gonna kill us, eat us or hump us
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Before the thread gets locked due to necro posting... the forums transitioned to the ownership of Perfect World Entertainment. As a result, your PWE account is being used for posting, not your old Cryptic account, and your post count and name reflect this change. Anything you posted before will be listed under the user "Archived Post."

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
This discussion has been closed.