can we not get channeling intrupted?

demansfairy
demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Stormbringer
Before anyone says something, i dont mean intrupted from skills like spell cutter, shadowles kick, etc, i mean from auto attacks or non chance to intrupt skills. So something I've noticed after running pv for months is that I never seem to get channeling intrupted no matter how many mobs are on me. Yet when I switch to another arcane class for pv, I get intrupted ALL THE TIME, even with maybe 3-5 mobs on me. So, is out class immune to attacks that don't have the high/gruenteed chance to intrupt?
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
Post edited by demansfairy on

Comments

• ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While in the "channeling" phase a skill can be interrupted. There is a small chance. The longer the channeling *cough*wizards*cough* the higher the chance it will be interrupted. The more attackes the higher the chance one of them will interrupt. Sometimes you are not interrupted often, but other times the screen becomes a wall of "Interrupted". The "casting" phase can't be interrupted.

Some skills (from players and from mobs) have higher chance of interrupting.

Personally I think it's fair. Hard for a caster to cast while being poked from every side. :s

* Channels Blade Tempest b:beg
    * Mob pokes in the right spot b:sin
    * It tickles b:laugh
    * "Interrupted!" b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I'm no Asterelle, but I would assume that your passive and squad buff will have something to do with the decreased chance of interrupt.

This is just a hypothesis from past experience and observation:
    My cleric, veno, damn, even my seeker will get interrupted casting if punted by enough melee auto attacks. Especially if they are hitting hard (notice that your OP tanky classes rarely get interrupted when compared to your squish caster classes when placed in the same mobs, think PV). I also think of times when I have been poked by baby mobs and have been able to completely channel a dig without being interrupted... But other digs I have to kill the mob bashing me in order to complete.

The skill I'm thinking will be what is reducing the chances:

- Blood of the Nightshade

Reduce melee autoattack damage by 65%, melee skills damage by 25%.

-Demon: Increases critical chance by 1%.
    -Sage: Reduces melee autoattack damage by 68%, melee skills damage by 26%.

♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While in the "channeling" phase a skill can be interrupted. There is a small chance. The longer the channeling *cough*wizards*cough* the higher the chance it will be interrupted. The more attackes the higher the chance one of them will interrupt. Sometimes you are not interrupted often, but other times the screen becomes a wall of "Interrupted". The "casting" phase can't be interrupted.

Some skills (from players and from mobs) have higher chance of interrupting.

Personally I think it's fair. Hard for a caster to cast while being poked from every side. :s

* Channels Blade Tempest b:beg
    * Mob pokes in the right spot b:sin
    * It tickles b:laugh
    * "Interrupted!" b:shutup

*throws brick* been playing for over 6 years, well aware of this, ok let's try this.

I am almost triple 105, in the 6 months that I've been running pv on my stormbringer I CANNOT remember the last time I've been intrupted channeling a skill (channeling, not casting) even when having 100 mobs hit me at once. Yet I tried doing a pv on another arcane class and it constantly got intrupted trying to channel a 1 second skill when more than a few few handful of mobs hit it. I don't know what's going on but I think either they made the stormbringer immune to attacks that aren't designed to actually intrupted skills or like Eirghan suggested, our passive reduce the chance to near 0.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    I think I'm gonna go with the passive theory too.

At least, in my experience I've had issues with interruptions when I take more damage while taking less damage usually lowered how often it happened to me. Would make the most sense that way too, IMO.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Buff has nothing to do with it, maybe the passive or maybe maybe (knowing PWI) they just forgot to add this behaviour while creating the Stormbringer. Heck, I've noticed this from day and thought it was pretty obvious...sure, if anyone never played another caster then it wouldn't be as obvious...but since I was pving from the very first PV on. Well.

Yep, this is a huge advantage. You might wanna ask the other arcanes how they act with a whole PV on them, especially low chan ones =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • QueNa - Sanctuary
    QueNa - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yep, this is a huge advantage. You might wanna ask the other arcanes how they act with a whole PV on them, especially low chan ones =P

Easy. Run to the end > IG > kill all mobs. That's just about what every caster does in the 95/100 PV. Except maybe psys that use psy will instead.
    Lurking forums for years sometimes posting.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Easy. Run to the end > IG > kill all mobs. That's just about what every caster does in the 95/100 PV. Except maybe psys that use psy will instead.

Obvious is obvious. I wasnt talking about that. I was talking about how their skills will get perma-interrupted with all mobs on them ofc without immunity.

Not even endgame people can survive a whole pv100 on them for longer than a few seconds without taking countermeasures.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The only counter would be to use short channel skills, or a channel negation such as Zooming Thunder powder I think...

Untried tho, I've not bothered much with PV short of the lower versions after rebirth.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *throws brick*

Well, aren't you a nice person... b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • God__himself - Archosaur
    God__himself - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I never paid any attention to this but it seems like that is accurate. That is probably why I can solo my PVs without any HP Charms or Apoths now (I used to use Sultras or IG). I just go to the end and use a double spark and Thunderstrike and oneshot them before they can get into melee range.

When I soloed PV on cleric it was a pain in the butt to always be interrupted by PV mobs when I would cast IH, but on my SB its a breeze and even faster and easier.b:thanks

PWI YouTube Channel: -> youtube.com/channel/UCTBXOoQ0a4Y2tXg8XnzvVBg

SweetHara lvl 105-105-103 SB -> mypers.pw/1.8/#141749

God__himself lvl 105-105-102 Cleric