[Maintenance Discussion] 6/2/15 COMPLETE

surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Tonight's maintenance will be from 11pm to 4am to apply patch 855. Patch notes can be found here.

We will not be resetting Territory Wars tonight.

Maintenance question: What song or album could you listen to over and over and over again and never get sick of it?
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.
    Surtr wrote: »
    What song or album could you listen to over and over and over again and never get sick of it?
    What song do you have in mind?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Rafael - Harshlands
    Rafael - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    1st human response, the wheels on the bus, cuz I have to since my daughter loves it TT.TT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So we are getting a lot of new stuff but not Astroblades, when will we be getting those? I would of expected they would of been included in this update as everything else we seen on China, which came with them, will be included. Well discounting NS primal skills.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Sirkura - Lost City
    Sirkura - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nirvana talismans removed... Hmmm, i'm going to laugh at so many people raging. while nirvana is pretty much useless, people still used them for subs. if they fully disappear, expect prices to soar back to pre-nirvana days (50-100k each) maybe mats will actually be farmed again? otherwise TT could be the new active skip BH.
  • Eirghan - Sanctuary
    Eirghan - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    players who previously purchased a super inventory stone are now able to purchase further inventory stones to increase their inventory slots above the previous maximum.

Previously it was mentioned that these players may automatically recieve the full expansion for free since they prurchased an item to get the max available slots.

Is this no longer on the horizon? Are players now expected to purchase more items to get the same benefit?
    ♥ Eirghan ♥ Sage Seeker ♥ 105x3 ♥
    ♥ Current Gear: mypers.pw/1.8/#140780/ ♥
  • motherhen
    motherhen Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Talisman gone....another source of income for some. IDK about anybody else but i BUY auto pot to save my charm ticking i dont see how useful its going to be for it to tick my charm then use my herbs >.> GJ

P.S....wondering if the Aurgon will now give 60 mirage means AEU chests being replaced? or BH reward itself? or......
  • surtr
    edited June 2015
    motherhen wrote: »
    P.S....wondering if the Aurgon will now give 60 mirage means AEU chests being replaced? or BH reward itself? or......
    The number of mirage celestones rewarded by the quest has been increased.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Sirkura - Lost City
    Sirkura - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So we are getting a lot of new stuff but not Astroblades, when will we be getting those? I would of expected they would of been included in this update as everything else we seen on China, which came with them, will be included. Well discounting NS primal skills.
    motherhen wrote: »
    Talisman gone....another source of income for some. IDK about anybody else but i BUY auto pot to save my charm ticking i dont see how useful its going to be for it to tick my charm then use my herbs >.> GJ

think it stated it as a BH reward. so chests should stay, those aren't related to bh. hopefully they had the insight to just remove talismans from bh rewards. you can't even enter caster if its completely removed. tho i'm not too hopeful with how they worded it.
  • Elsariel - Sanctuary
    Elsariel - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Kamelot's Epica album! For the story, great songs and the fact I have a lot of memories attached to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Now we're all mad here."
  • surtr
    edited June 2015
    you can't even enter caster if its completely removed.
    Anything that currently requires a Nirvana Talisman will no longer require one after the patch.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Inventory/Pet Bag expansion bug is fixed and some new wardrobe related stuff. YES. I'm a happy fox!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm just glad we're finally getting target-of-target. That's something I've been wanting in this game for years.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Sucks for the folks who didn't know about the talismans in advance and stock up or who still used subs on TT BHs when you don't need to sub either one. I don't like the change to the auto-recovery stones but that's only if it behaves exactly like the change sounds (IE: Set auto-recovery to 60% HP and equip a charm means the pots won't be used unless charm is on CD). I use the stone mostly to save charm and if that change is how it works then I won't really bother with the stones anymore regardless of the increase in dailies I can auto-complete.

And needing a second super stone to max out my inventor? Yeah... not gonna happen. At least with the pet bag it's doubling up so that makes it worthwhile. For inventory, though, it... really feels like a rip off and after having to wait this long for China to get a fix, I gotta admit I'm not very pleased with how they decided to do it.

I am looking forward to the UI changes though and thanks as always for the effort on localization!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide
    Kittysama - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Neck/belt sockets coming...b:shocked

Kitty has so many albums and songs she never seems to get tired of.

Just to name a few:

Downfall (and other songs from Children of Bodom's Hatebreeder),
    Kyomu no Naka de no Yuugi (from Malice Mizer's Bara No Seidou, one of the best albums ever)
    Bel Air~Koaku no Toki no Naka de (also from Malice Mizer)
    any album from Turmion Kätilöt
    Kappa (from Whispered's Shogunate Macabre)
    Hope (and pretty much any song by Swallow the Sun)
    anything by Moi Dix Mois (especially Dix Infernal and Nocturnal Opera-albums)
    Assault the Weak and One Dead Nation Under Dead God (from Impaled Nazarene albums Nihil and Pro Patria Finland)
    Sakura No Rei+Sinister Rain (and anything else from Eternal Tears of Sorrow)
    Opheliac (an album from Emilia Autumn, especially song Dead is the New Alive)
    Toccata and Fugue in D-minor (by Johann Sebastian Bach)
    Misanthropolis (from Noumena's album Anatomy of Life)
    Blitzkrieg and Cyanide (songs from Deathstars album Termination Bliss)
    Freezing Moon (from Mayhem's album De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas)
    I Am the Black Wizards (from Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse)
    Death and the Healing (from Wintersun)
    Noble (album from Versailles)

Not many probably know these 'cause most of these are japanese or finnish. Or black metal. Metal Kitty ish Metal Kitty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kitty's finally posting again as Kittysama after long break caused by avatar-bug(now fixed).
    Leader and all other members of Kitty-faction(a.k.a. Kittyarmy, greater than your blacklist)!

Kitty ish most unfortunate Kitty in Perfect World.
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Could... could you please change your font/color combination to something that's less murderkilldeathzone on everyone's eyes? Normally I don't care much and I can typically highlight/quote/edit your post easily enough to read it without the strain but when that popped up under new posts it HURT. Dx
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    New Features
    *You can now socket amulets and belts at the PW Boutique Agent using Accessory Socket Stones.
    Ok.
    *Nirvana Talismans have been removed from the game. They are no longer required for quests, and quests that awarded them have had their other rewards increased slightly.
    *Auto-Recovery Stones will now wait for Charms to activate before using potions.
    *Players who have increased their inventory to 60 with a Super Inventory Stone can now increase it to 80 with a second Super Inventory Stone.
    *Players who have increased their Pet Bag to 10 with a Super Cage can now increase it to 20 with a second Super Cage.
    Even though I like this update, I am starting to think that you guys are getting a bit money hungry.
    If we bought the SUPER Inventory Stone that stated that we get the MAX slots, don't you think we shouldn't need to buy it again? If it's because of the coding, easy, just send another super inv. stone to the people that already have used one previously. Same with the cage.

Mr. Justice
  • Galenthios - Raging Tide
    Galenthios - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    b:victory way to go pwi, keep killing ur game. The more desperate u become to leech money off people the worse this game becomes.
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    b:victory way to go pwi, keep killing ur game. The more desperate u become to leech money off people the worse this game becomes.

You're aware that everything except the localization changes in the patch comes from China, right? b:sweat
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Woot b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Could... could you please change your font/color combination to something that's less murderkilldeathzone on everyone's eyes?

It's called Desperate Cry For Attention. Same could be said about other striking font colors, but lemme stop here. b:avoid [Derail]

(Most) People are ignoring the fact that the bags now CAN BE INCREASED. That's a win. Now comes the "IPaidForMaxSlostAndIWantItNowFiveSecondsAfterAnnouncement" rant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • nbreaking
    edited June 2015
    You're aware that everything except the localization changes in the patch comes from China, right? b:sweat

The patch comes from China... Ok, how does that prevent PWE from giving out the Super Cages or Super Inv. Stones to the people that already paid for them once? PWE can give away codes, they just don't want to. They can also make an automatic sending algorithm that would send you the items IF you had the max already (since PWI functions by quests when you increase your stuff that would be fairly easy). But of course they won't do that, because people will have to charge again for the new stuff.

It's just that.

EDIT:
    I'm just waiting for the day that actually walking in this game will cost you, like, every step you take wears off your gear. To do a FS run you have to repair your gears twice, but then there's a problem, you have to walk back into FS and you have to repair again QQ. LOL one day...

Mr. Justice
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015

(Most) People are ignoring the fact that the bags now CAN BE INCREASED. That's a win. Now comes the "IPaidForMaxSlostAndIWantItNowFiveSecondsAfterAnnouncement" rant.

The bags were able to be increased since expansion came out. It's the people who paid for max bags who got screwed over by being unable to do so and have been patiently waiting on a fix this whole time.

When it comes to cages, yeah it's fair to need another super stone because it's doubling the size of our pet bags. For inventory, on the other hand, we have to use another super stone for all of two rows. Naturally, we're not exactly happy about that since two rows is not worth a super inventory stone. If the fix compensated our wait by letting us get max for free while future uses would need the inventory stones? Absolutely amazing and unexpected but something we'd be incredibly happy for. Were it to let us use regular inventory stones like everyone else? Great, we'll take it even if some people complain as usual. If the requirement of Super stones came with extra expansion for the inventory that was equal to what the original super stone gave us? Cool we're getting our money's worth. As is where we have to use two super stones for an expansion that's not worth 2 super stones and is cheaper for everyone else? Especially after waiting patiently for a proper fix? Yeah, no. We have every reason to be ticked off about this. China screwed us over and the fix they sent over rubs salt in the wound.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So this patch will "*Players who have increased their inventory to 60 with a Super Inventory Stone can now increase it to 80 with a second Super Inventory Stone."

First off, I have 64 slots from a super inventory stone before and not 60. Secondly, why would I pay for a Super Inventory Stone for another 16 slots? Couldn't I just get 2 of the plain Inventory Extension Stones for so much less coin?

Or maybe I'm being too logical and Maybe I don't really know how getting 80 slots actually works. Is a Super stone the only way to 80 or is it possible to go from 64 - 80 with two regular stones?

b:bye edit :
    sorta ninja'd by OPKossy
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    nbreaking wrote: »
    The patch comes from China... Ok, how does that prevent PWE from giving out the Super Cages or Super Inv. Stones to the people that already paid for them once? PWE can give away codes, they just don't want to. They can also make an automatic sending algorithm that would send you the items IF you had the max already (since PWI functions by quests when you increase your stuff that would be fairly easy). But of course they won't do that, because people will have to charge again for the new stuff.

It's just that.
    A code? Sure that helps except for people who have multiple characters on their accounts who used super stones. Giving away an item based on whether or not the character's completed a specific quest? Great until people choose to sell it to others rather than use it (aka the same **** that caused the orb fiasco that everyone ******* at PWE about without taking responsibility for the part the community played in it) and that's BEFORE accounting for the limitations on PWE staff, the lack of devs PWE has, and the extra work and manpower that would be required for such a task (hint: It's not as easy as you want to pretend it is).

But sure, claim that it's completely about PWE being greedy even though they didn't come up with the fix and their primary goal was getting a fix from China for us in the first place.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's called Desperate Cry For Attention. Same could be said about other striking font colors, but lemme stop here. b:avoid [Derail]

really not seeing a benefit of spending on an additional 16 slots, 2 rows.... AT HIGHER COST THAN USING 2 SINGLE ROW STONES...

BRING ON THE BANK STONES, I WANT 4 PAGES 1 SUPER STONE EACH ADDITIONAL PAGE.
  • surtr
    edited June 2015
    Since some people have brought it up, I wanted to clarify that increasing your inventory from 64 to 80 with regular stones actually takes five of them, not two (two stones from 64 to 72, and three from 72 to 80).
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• opkossy
    edited June 2015
    Since some people have brought it up, I wanted to clarify that increasing your inventory from 64 to 80 with regular stones actually takes five of them, not two (two stones from 64 to 72, and three from 72 to 80).

Thanks for the clarification. Used supers on my characters so I haven't had any experience with the expansion updates at all.

In that case, I have no right to complain about either fix. My apologies on that as I was speaking from ignorance.

That said, could you perhaps clarify how this change to the auto-recovery stones will work as well? It's the one other big concern here and if it works the way we fear (as in it only activates potions while a charm is on cooldown), then I can see a lot of issues and anger about it. On the other hand, if it's more of a fix for the issue of it immediately going off when someone respawns and thus wasting resources, it'll actually be something everyone will be grateful for.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Well then, that's not an upside to anything, no chance in hell I'll buy another super inventory stone or 5 more. The costs don't cover the gains.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nbreaking
    edited June 2015
    A code? Sure that helps except for people who have multiple characters on their accounts who used super stones. Giving away an item based on whether or not the character's completed a specific quest? Great until people choose to sell it to others rather than use it (aka the same **** that caused the orb fiasco that everyone ******* at PWE about without taking responsibility for the part the community played in it) and that's BEFORE accounting for the limitations on PWE staff, the lack of devs PWE has, and the extra work and manpower that would be required for such a task (hint: It's not as easy as you want to pretend it is).

But sure, claim that it's completely about PWE being greedy even though they didn't come up with the fix and their primary goal was getting a fix from China for us in the first place.

Kossy, most of the times I agree with you, this is not one of them. What you're saying is not correct.

If you have 1 CHARACTER (not 1 account) that purchased and used the stone, completing that way the quest, they would send you another stone that is unable to be traded, discarded or account stashed, that simple really.

So, your account has 6 characters, you have used the super inv. stone on 4 of them, those 4 characters will get another stone, the other 2 won't and since the stones are not tradable or stashable I don't see how you could exploit it.

Man power? Really? Writing an algorithm that would be something like this:

If SuperInvStoneQuestDone = true then
    GetIDofCharacter;
    SendSuperInvStoneToThatID;
    end if

Not that hard to be honest, but it's not going to happen.

Mr. Justice
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That said, could you perhaps clarify how this change to the auto-recovery stones will work as well? It's the one other big concern here and if it works the way we fear (as in it only activates potions while a charm is on cooldown), then I can see a lot of issues and anger about it. On the other hand, if it's more of a fix for the issue of it immediately going off when someone respawns and thus wasting resources, it'll actually be something everyone will be grateful for.

It honestly sounds to me like they're just saying that every time it checks if it should tick charm or run autopot, it will now tick charm before doing autopot instead of the other way around (as it used to be). I would find it hard to believe that they would completely disable autopot until charm was on cooldown, that would be nonsensical.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]