G16 ha or r9

ThatTankGuy - Archosaur
ThatTankGuy - Archosaur Posts: 43 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Seeker
So i just wanted to know if g16 ha gear or seekers r9 was better for pve/pvp or should i just stick with g16 until i can recast? ( just talking about gear here not wep.)
Post edited by ThatTankGuy - Archosaur on

Comments

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Personally, I'd say R9 (Third Cast), better set bonus as well, but I feel that the reduce damage that the G16 HA has may be better for defenses, also it's personally the only thing I like on the G16 HA armor.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not sure I understand. Do you currently have g16 AND r9 at the moment?
    If you have g16 already being well refined and with shards, I would leave the r9 as it is, using the g16 and focus on upgrading that r9 gear to r999 as soon as possible. If the g16 stuff doesn't really have any refines and shards, you might as well use the r9. G16 and normal r9 are more or less equal anyway.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    G16 and normal r9 are more or less equal anyway.

@Satyrion: I seem to remember that G16 is better than first cast R9. Might be misremembering that though. I thought someone had compiled a nice list showing the order of strength, but sure can't find it. b:surrender

@ThatTankGuy A little more information/clarification of your question would be useful here.

If you already have G16 I would continue to use it until you can third cast your R9. You'll save a lot in having to redo refines/shards if you can wait to use the R9 till it's third cast. I think you can refine them to +3 and not loose them or require stones to retain the refines.

G16 is more than capable of handling anything in game PVE wise. However, there are some situations where R9RR will make soloing a lot easier.

PVP wise, G16 is second best to R9RR. A G16 seeker with full primal passives maxed is very tanky. However again, R9RR is quite a lot stronger than G16 and will give you a lot more survivability.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    R9 third cast> R9 recast > G16 = R9 (depending on class G16 is on par with or slightly above R9 as a set. With GoF on R9 weapons for seekers, this is a case of on par) > Everything else.
    (Insert fancy image here)