Totally new to the Dusk

cameron16
cameron16 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Duskblade
I've decided to play Dusk, but when the time comes I have 2 questions... Demon or sage? I plan on going pvp and APS or DPH? I'm asking bc I honestly don't know and I've seen both types. Which one is a good choice bc I hear both are good. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. No negativity or troll stuff. I'm asking a question because I don't know and I would like help from the community. Hope to hear ya'lls replies. Tyvm
Post edited by cameron16 on

Comments

• PancakeRift - Lost City
    PancakeRift - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I run a demon duskblade but im going to make the switch because sage has way more attack damage and chi perks to it. So I do recommend sage.

As far as APS goes or DPH, DPH is the way to go. Because in pvp you dont room to normal hit or you will lose your stunlock. Because the stun and paralyse durations on the duskblade are pathetic, but are made up for with the amount they have.

when it comes to pve they are a great support class with the wide range of AoE skills they hold. Along with the level 79 skill allowing you to copy team mates skills. So if you have one bm and a duskblade you get two dragons.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cameron16 wrote: »
    I've decided to play Dusk, but when the time comes I have 2 questions... Demon or sage? I plan on going pvp and APS or DPH? I'm asking bc I honestly don't know and I've seen both types. Which one is a good choice bc I hear both are good. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. No negativity or troll stuff. I'm asking a question because I don't know and I would like help from the community. Hope to hear ya'lls replies. Tyvm

I've chosen sage duskblade before it came out because I read the skills translated from china. If you want a better look into whether going demon or sage I suggest checking the following link for an look into the 2 paths of their skill sets:

Demon Sage 79 Skills:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1733501

Primal Skills (Not yet released in our version):
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22419711&postcount=94

Fixes with the next expansion we can expect for Duskblades:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22419721&postcount=95

I've chosen sage because of the integrated 30% AMP(like bm's DG effect) which gave way to massive damage combo's for me in PVP. The chi gain is great now at endgame - But once we get the primal upgrades the Sage will be Pissing Chi so hard that even Assassins Will be jealous.

If you'd like to see roughly endgame r9rr Duskblade in action just check out my youtube channel in my signature. Duskblade name "Mercilios"
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cameron16
    edited May 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I've chosen sage duskblade before it came out because I read the skills translated from china. If you want a better look into whether going demon or sage I suggest checking the following link for an look into the 2 paths of their skill sets:

Demon Sage 79 Skills:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1733501

Primal Skills (Not yet released in our version):
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22419711&postcount=94

Fixes with the next expansion we can expect for Duskblades:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22419721&postcount=95

I've chosen sage because of the integrated 30% AMP(like bm's DG effect) which gave way to massive damage combo's for me in PVP. The chi gain is great now at endgame - But once we get the primal upgrades the Sage will be Pissing Chi so hard that even Assassins Will be jealous.

If you'd like to see roughly endgame r9rr Duskblade in action just check out my youtube channel in my signature. Duskblade name "Mercilios"

That's you?? I've seen your YouTube video already very nicee, kinda inspired me a little more to make one. I love the dexterity based classes but I don't want to be a sin. I was one on RT, and archers just got merged so hard so this is my chance to be sexy based class again. And last question I got people telling me 2 diff builds 1str 9 dex every 2 lvls or 1 str 4 dex every lvl? And I appreciate ya'lls replies that actually gave me more than enough info that I needed. I'm kinda mad the first one I made I took advice from a level 80 something who said his build was 3 str 2 dex and he said it was like a sword BM so that's what I was going by.. And I quit the class bc I didn't like it. But I'm guessing that made a huge difference. Again thank yall for not trolling or being ignorant like a lot of the other people on here^_^
  • cameron16
    edited May 2015
    ..... Lol iPhone autocorrect fail is real... Lol sexy = dex and merged = nerfed lol
  • tek1nig
    edited May 2015
    That's you?? I've seen your YouTube video already very nicee, kinda inspired me a little more to make one. I love the dexterity based classes but I don't want to be a sin. I was one on RT, and archers just got merged so hard so this is my chance to be sexy based class again. And last question I got people telling me 2 diff builds 1str 9 dex every 2 lvls or 1 str 4 dex every lvl? And I appreciate ya'lls replies that actually gave me more than enough info that I needed. I'm kinda mad the first one I made I took advice from a level 80 something who said his build was 3 str 2 dex and he said it was like a sword BM so that's what I was going by.. And I quit the class bc I didn't like it. But I'm guessing that made a huge difference. Again thank yall for not trolling or being ignorant like a lot of the other people on here^_^

Personally I stated as Pure Dexterity as our Sabre get increased damage based on that stat.

1str - 4DEX per level until I hit the 105 STR for endgame gear. Then All extra Stat points went into Dexterity to keep giving me more damage. I never put into Vitality as you can refine your gear for the extra HP.

Of course once you're at endgame builds (g16 / cards / nuema / all that stuff) you can mix and match your STR points for more DEX based on the war avatar cards and what they give you. Once you are finally where you want to be a simple restat note can get you stronger out of nowhere :) Just make sure to follow the build the first time.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• cameron16
    edited May 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Personally I stated as Pure Dexterity as our Sabre get increased damage based on that stat.

1str - 4DEX per level until I hit the 105 STR for endgame gear. Then All extra Stat points went into Dexterity to keep giving me more damage. I never put into Vitality as you can refine your gear for the extra HP.

Of course once you're at endgame builds (g16 / cards / nuema / all that stuff) you can mix and match your STR points for more DEX based on the war avatar cards and what they give you. Once you are finally where you want to be a simple restat note can get you stronger out of nowhere :) Just make sure to follow the build the first time.

Sounds like a good plan, oh and hey I watched that video of you when you did the 2v2 and yall were trying to get the dance right again hahaha.. But then the barn came over and 1 shot your friend I was like wtf?!!! Hoooow?? I didn't even see what skill he used lol.
  • tek1nig
    edited May 2015
    Sounds like a good plan, oh and hey I watched that video of you when you did the 2v2 and yall were trying to get the dance right again hahaha.. But then the barn came over and 1 shot your friend I was like wtf?!!! Hoooow?? I didn't even see what skill he used lol.

Yea there is a barb skill that doesn't have an effect and is ranged its one of their higher culti skills maybe even a chrono skill - I don't recall.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• lunarstar245
    lunarstar245 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I run a demon duskblade but im going to make the switch because sage has way more attack damage and chi perks to it. So I do recommend sage.

As far as APS goes or DPH, DPH is the way to go. Because in pvp you dont room to normal hit or you will lose your stunlock. Because the stun and paralyse durations on the duskblade are pathetic, but are made up for with the amount they have.

when it comes to pve they are a great support class with the wide range of AoE skills they hold. Along with the level 79 skill allowing you to copy team mates skills. So if you have one bm and a duskblade you get two dragons.

last time I checked, demon for db does not give aps
    Defiance <3

I wish someone would make me a fancy-dancey sig

Archo Server on Facebook!