Recent Threats from GMs on Our Server

bailes021
bailes021 Posts: 26 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Chronicles
So, we finally got a GM on our Harshlands server! Woooo! But really, I don't know whether to cheer or boo. He's generally a nice guy... if not a lot of a troll... and a little big for his britches. But, we have also gotten a lotttt of ban threats lately. An entire faction just got a threat concerning a faction ban. Apparently, he'd be perfectly okay knocking the server population down to ten people.

Now, I don't know how many of you are okay with that happening, but I'm not. I also don't know how many of you know the law, but maybe you should look into it a bit. Have you: Made any unresolved tickets (and not the GM's idea or "resolved"... I mean resolved as in by their own TOS and by your needs) in the last couple years? Have you seen other people doing the same thing you're getting in trouble for, but been specifically targeted?

I'm sorry to say, if you are an entirely free to play player, there might not be much out there for you in concern to the actual law supporting you BUT there are some cases in which you might come out on the winning end still :P I would first like to see how many people are really feeling frustrated with the situation before I link you some actual legal material. And if you don't care, then stay out of here with your trolling. Don't come whining to me when you roll someone in TW and they go crying to the GM about that one time last week you let someone on your account to do your dailies for you because you had to work late (and you end up banned).

b:laugh
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So what is this about?

Account sharing? If so, that NEVER happens on harshlands ever. WUUSHAAAAAAA

And dont talk legal matters. PWE owns everything on that server. They can take it from anyone at anytime. Your character that you spent $45,000 on? Yup owned by PWE. Taken in the blink of an eye, and nothing you can do about it. Thanks for the money. Move along to the next PWE title.
  • bailes021
    edited May 2015
    I am quite free to talk about the legality of what they do :P And I don't know how extensively you have reviewed the TOS, or spoken to GMs about it... but they don't even know their own TOS lol. There are holes in the wording everywhere. Regardless, don't take it at face value, and always look to the law when something seems fishy. The national and state laws always rule b:victory
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Out of curiosity, which GM are you talking bout?
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • bailes021
    edited May 2015
    The GM currently popping up daily on Harshlands is Naviden.
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A GM logged in on your server and acted like a GM?
    Maybe even banned bots?? TW fake bidders?? Gold sellers??

This will never happen on lc server for sure.

They either lost their login data for our server many years ago or we are too scary. No idea.

But I'm sure we will stay the No.1 server of anarchy as we always were.

Account sharing, instance/boss glitchers, exploiting bugs,... pffffffft
    99.99% of our server population would vanish if they would bann everyone who ever did that.

Is franzy warsongs a bug exploit? Was CC a bug exploit? Skipping 1st boss in BH3-1? In a game like final fantasy the would delete your account if you would exploit a bug just one time. The pwi community would call it a "knowledge of in-game mechanic". We are so used to cheat, we all even don't recognize it anymore.
  • bailes021
    edited May 2015
    As I said, if you have no interest, feel free not to post. Yes, I'm fine with the removal of bots (which, by the way, the cleric bots in arch STILL haven't been removed even though I have directly reported it to Navi like ten times). What I'm saying is, for Navi to threaten to ban one particular faction (don't get me wrong, I don't like 80% of the people in that faction) when the faction that QQ reported them is doing the same thing is just wrong. And he has wrongly threatened more than just them. No, bans are not always enforceable. That's why you see a lot of people who recieved "permabans" still running around.
  • avs33fan
    edited May 2015
    bailes021 wrote: »
    I am quite free to talk about the legality of what they do :P And I don't know how extensively you have reviewed the TOS, or spoken to GMs about it... but they don't even know their own TOS lol. There are holes in the wording everywhere. Regardless, don't take it at face value, and always look to the law when something seems fishy. The national and state laws always rule b:victory

So are you saying people who spent money on the game are untouchable and immune to the TOS? Or are you saying that they can get their money back?
    Well seeing as how the transaction was completed (they bought zen and received it).
    Transaction complete.

This is a free to play game with the option of putting money into it. Just because you put money into it, doesnt mean you are entitled to receive it back.

Please enlighten me, as I truly am curious.
  • bailes021
    edited May 2015
    I never said they were entirely immune, and we can go on a ten page legal arguement war, but I doubt you have even read the full TOS, so I won't bother. I'm here to help out people who are truely concerned, not argue with trolls.
  • avs33fan
    edited May 2015
    I never said they were entirely immune, and we can go on a ten page legal arguement war, but I doubt you have even read the full TOS, so I won't bother. I'm here to help out people who are truely concerned, not argue with trolls.

I am not arguing.

They performed a transaction. It was completed.
    How can they get anything back?
  • bailes021
    edited May 2015
    I won't even justify that with an answer b:laugh
    If you would like to ask me a legitimate question, please properly read what I actually wrote first.
  • avs33fan
    edited May 2015
    You are the one who mentioned legal material. As I said before, please enlighten me/us.
  • bailes021
    edited May 2015
    I won't even justify that with an answer b:laugh
    If you would like to ask me a legitimate question, please properly read what I actually wrote first.

^^ This
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As I said, if you have no interest, feel free not to post. Yes, I'm fine with the removal of bots (which, by the way, the cleric bots in arch STILL haven't been removed even though I have directly reported it to Navi like ten times). What I'm saying is, for Navi to threaten to ban one particular faction (don't get me wrong, I don't like 80% of the people in that faction) when the faction that QQ reported them is doing the same thing is just wrong. And he has wrongly threatened more than just them. No, bans are not always enforceable. That's why you see a lot of people who recieved "permabans" still running around.

Well Navi is a condescending tool, he did similar thing on archo. Banned faction leader, player X, with intention of making it perma, for account sharing. Any attempt to least change lead of the faction leader so the faction wouldnt die was unfruitful. After a week or so he either realized what kind of joke he was being or something forced him to change his opinion and he released the ban. Somebody then WCd player X was unabanned, which resulted into Navi attacking X again on ticket. He demanded player X makes people shut bout the unbanning or he will ban X again. I have no idea how he has managed to get the job, doesnt PWE vet their staff at all? Being a GM is clearly just a power trip for him.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • bailes021
    edited May 2015
    Well Navi is a condescending tool, he did similar thing on archo. Banned faction leader, player X, with intention of making it perma, for account sharing. Any attempt to least change lead of the faction leader so the faction wouldnt die was unfruitful. After a week or so he either realized what kind of joke he was being or something forced him to change his opinion and he released the ban. Somebody then WCd player X was unabanned, which resulted into Navi attacking X again on ticket. He demanded player X makes people shut bout the unbanning or he will ban the X again. I have no idea how he has managed to get the job, doesnt PWE vet their staff at all? Being a GM is clearly just a power trip for him.

Exactly. He came onto the server, and started trolling from day one. He threatened me with a ban over something stupid, and I told him to try me b:chuckle He hasn't since tried, and I suspect he won't after what I said to him. Ya know, unless I start doing something legitimately illegal on the server like trying to sell my body b:laugh

He was bound to bring back that faction leader. He probably got in biggg trouble for that one.

Read PWI's glass door site for details about their work atmosphere. It is rather humerous. It also explains why their staff is so poor and their customer interactions are awful.
  • avs33fan
    edited May 2015
    ^^ This
    \

As I thought. Someone on the net who is a lawyer. To bad the GM didnt ban you because you clearly talk out of your ***.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Discussion about bans isn't allowed here. Same with support of violating ToS.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.