PWI log in event for May

Comments

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think that depends a little bit on what server you are too.
    I will log in Archosaur the server I am in in 1 hour or 2 and see what happens.
    By my calculation its been only 2 days till now.

Did you receive any reward?
    Can you know for sure if people saying so have received any reward or they just like to troll in wc?
    Cause saying they got tier 3 rewards( the rewards for 14 days) in not even 3 days sounds like a big troll to me.

do i look like someone that falls for trolls in wc?

its as i explained..day 1 was only 5 hours. day 2 started last midnight UCH time and day 3 started 92 minutes ago.

i got my reward too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Got the tier one rewards. Actually, on my main account, I got the tier one rewards on 2 seperate characters. It appears that the rewards are NOT limited to one toon per account.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    do i look like someone that falls for trolls in wc?

its as i explained..day 1 was only 5 hours. day 2 started last midnight UCH time and day 3 started 92 minutes ago.

i got my reward too.

I dont know how you look like.
    But you said that they got tier 3 rewards . Thats the reward for 14 days. Unless PW **** up everything you cannot get tier 3 reward. You probably got tier 1 reward but you dont know the difference between 1 and 3.
    Why the hell I am sorounded by idiots that dont know the numbers?
    giphy.gif

• avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ya people on harshlands got their rewards for tier 1 as well.

Think that is a new record for PWE to **** things up.

They say
    "Simply log into the game from May 6, 2015 at 12:00 PM PDT to May 19, 2015 at 10:00 PM PDT in order to claim your free items sent to you via the in-game mail"

Then they go ahead and say "The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00AM (midnight) – 12:00AM (midnight next day), except for the first and last days."

Pick a ****ing time and stick with it PWE. Dont change the time frame after the event has already started. Does this now mean I wont get credit for a day now and miss out on tier 3?
  • rosesgrandma
    rosesgrandma Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i'm a little confused... is this event limited to the first toon you logged on the first day of the event or the first that you log every day? either way i think i missed the first day since i was already logged in when it started. i logged a buffer toon for a few min later in the day and then went back to my main. since the buffer toon was my first relog is she going to be the one that can recieve prizes now? dang.
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i'm a little confused... is this event limited to the first toon you logged on the first day of the event or the first that you log every day? either way i think i missed the first day since i was already logged in when it started. i logged a buffer toon for a few min later in the day and then went back to my main. since the buffer toon was my first relog is she going to be the one that can recieve prizes now? dang.

no one can answer you because pwe doesnt even know what the **** is going on.
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To clear things up:

If you logged in between 6th May 12pm and 17pm PDT, that was day one.

However, if you failed to login within that timespan, hope is not lost yet.

As long as you log in every day from now, your last login will be between 19th May 17pm-22pm PDT.

This event indeed has 15 chances to login due to way they split days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    See:
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's like check-in that you don't have to hit a button for and is universal for your account.

So as long as you log in with a character on that account (doesn't matter which character or server) once per day after the start time, it's counted. On the third day you log in, the first character you log into with that account is the one that will get the items. Same with the seventh and fourteenth days.

So you can login to your Jolly alt first on days 1 and 2, for example, but on day 3 you'd log your main first to let it get the rewards on it. To be safe, yes I'd advise making sure to relog your main first each day. PWE does tend to **** these up after all (and we usually get codes as a result but who knows if they'll do the same)

On a relevant side note,
    To clear things up:

If you logged in between 6th May 12pm and 17pm PDT, that was day one.

However, if you failed to login within that timespan, hope is not lost yet.

As long as you log in every day from now, your last login will be between 19th May 17pm-22pm PDT.

This event indeed has 15 chances to login due to way they split days.
    This seems to be a likely case.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So i just got the event reward on the wrong character b:sad b:angry but am i surprised? not hardly but i guess my question is do i write a ticket or just plain doomed
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and how the hell are we now supposed to know what day which toon is on when they change the time frame 2 days into the event????

how many times does pwe have to **** this stuff up before they realize they are too ******n stupid to do it right and go back to codes?????

now have day 3 rewards on what should be day 2 on mystic (good) and jolly jones toon (bad) on same account -- wow, pwe, way to go AGAIN!!!!

and god only knows what's going to happen on other account - am afraid to log anything in for fear they'll make it even worse!!
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On a positive note, I am currently updating my new laptop which I just took out of the box. i7, 16g ram, 256 ssd, 4g graphics. I am excited at the prospect of playing pwi for the first time ever, with some actual textures and animations and such....this balances out the confusion of this sign in event and makes all the troubles seem less serious. Also, its not necessary to reply and abuse me for my choice of specs. I have it. Its done. Feel free to abuse me for any other reason. I'm a long way away and it wont hurt.b:bye

EDIT - I just read the updated info. Its says you DONT need to log in each day - now that's even more confusing......

EDIT - OPKossy since you're obviously following this thread, we haven't had a weekly code for a while.........HAHAHAHAHAH
  • Charris - Raging Tide
    Charris - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's only day 2 of the login event and some of my toons got the tier 1 rewards -- and not on the right toons either. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?!!

and my friend just got the tier 1 rewards on TWO of his toons on the same account.

This is just messed up. -.-
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's only day 2 of the login event and some of my toons got the tier 1 rewards -- and not on the right toons either. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?!!

It is PWI, once again they messed up there own event and screwed a good amount of people without saying anything or really anywhere people look a lot, this happened to me and i bet more to come, hopefully if enough people complain they will just do a code for the rewards like every other log in / event time stuff. Sorry that happened to you too
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And people are getting it on multiple characters in each account LOL
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Temptatious - Sanctuary
    Temptatious - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    GG PWI. Thank you for creating a partial day and not giving any heads up regarding this. We are forever grateful that you decided to add fine print after it was started. Now everyone is afraid to log on an alt instead, because if the reward happens to come late, we don't want the reward to go to the wrong characters.

I fail to see why it would have been so difficult to make the entire process simpler? That's not to say this is beyond comprehension, simply that it's unnecessarily complicated. In addition, your partial days are inconvenient for those of us who work (again, especially with no sense of warning ahead of time).
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    Making it based on UTC was a poor choice on their end. Especially since everything involving these typically revolves around PST and we were given no notice about the UTC schedule until far too late for it to matter.

Multiple characters getting it? Eh, whatever. That's in our favor and we all expected some **** up in some way here. The major (honestly only) issue is the time zone confusion that they caused and the effects it will have. At least, that's how it appears so far.
  • phaseshifter
    phaseshifter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    PWI should have released the codes instead of this event. b:thanks b:sad
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ NOW WE RIOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

people on PWI are always super merry n nice, until u give them free stuff, then everyone gets mad b:cute
    embarrasing community, im surprised PWE still bothers giving these plebs free stuff

Time to give us a code so we can claim the reward twice /o/

It was an S pack btw, not an S chest b:sad

So im joining!!!!

IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Side-note: This again...I hope they do it correctly this time.

Why was I so positive this would go well when it's gone bad 3 other times? PWE isn't in the habit of learning from past mistakes, clearly...well, whatever. I only gave a **** about the tier 2 reward anyways. I want some new virtua-clothes.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Zaleskia - Sanctuary
    Zaleskia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ok so do you actually have to log out and back on each day? cause ive been logged in for like 4 days straight and havnt got anything in my mailbox yet. even checked all my toons and relogged twice
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    could have been so simple, just go with servertime and the new "day" starts with server reset.
    Easy enough right?

well lets see if i get tier 3 rewards when i keep logging like i do now b:chuckle
  • maldryx
    maldryx Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Great job pwi... once again your idiocy has done nothing to improve our opinions of you.

Just get over yourselves and make things account stashable: The End. Quit being anal about this non-stashable event stuff when it really shouldn't matter which toon on our accounts we want the items to go to.

If pwi had any intelligence at all they would have done this from the beginning instead of acting like they all just fell off the short bus.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2015
    ok so do you actually have to log out and back on each day? cause ive been logged in for like 4 days straight and havnt got anything in my mailbox yet. even checked all my toons and relogged twice
    Yup. You have to relog each day for it to count. Otherwise it's just considered a single login session.
    maldryx wrote: »
    Just get over yourselves and make things account stashable:
    Sadly, PWI doesn't control what is or isn't account stashable. So calling the folks here idiots or the like is screaming at the wrong people about that.

But it would be nice if the devs stopped making so many things unstashable.
  • buttercandy
    buttercandy Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have an account with just 1 toon, didnt get anything after logging on multiple times for the last few days, while alot got their's and others don't and others got it a few times on one account. They should really end this darn event now and give codes as a solution. so dumb!

Is there a way to contact someone about it, since we don't have a CM any more? And I know they wont do much with all the tickets they are recieving.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have an account with just 1 toon, didnt get anything after logging on multiple times for the last few days, while alot got their's and others don't and others got it a few times on one account. They should really end this darn event now and give codes as a solution. so dumb!

I don't get this either. My husband got his first reward already, I did not. And seeing as the event supposedly started yesterday, today should only be day 2, aka no reward for anyone.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why am I not surprised they **** up on log-in rewards yet again. UTC, seriously? They should not even have bothered with a certain time for players logging in if it was set for PST time. East coast and Euro players get the short end of the stick with this event. Plus half of us could have work or school during most of these time periods. I think I'll skip this event. It's just getting to be ridiculously stupid.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The character I logged into before the event started, but did not log during the 5-hour period after the event started, just received the reward. I'm not even going to bother to ask what is happening. Clearly the event page has described the start time wrong. Which is only making it that much more confusing...b:sweat
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Remenant - Archosaur
    Remenant - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Today is day 2, even then my Sin got the reward for some reason lol \o/. But, my Sb didn't receive any reward even after 45 minutes.
    So is the reward for 1 account per person or something? :O
    And seeing that it's day two and rewards were received... only one thing can be said XD b:shockedb:shocked
    Forever bored Sin. I don't know why I'm still playing this game. b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maldryx
    maldryx Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Sadly, PWI doesn't control what is or isn't account stashable. So calling the folks here idiots or the like is screaming at the wrong people about that.

But it would be nice if the devs stopped making so many things unstashable.

The simple fact still remains... even if our PWI people don't have control over this aspect, they can at LEAST tell China that their methods are causing problems on our end.... at least that's what COMPETENT people would do in this kind of situation where our events are destroyed by simple things that China could probably have fixed within a matter of hours. These PWI people, whether we have a CM or not, are supposed to be relaying information to the idiots in China and getting things fixed... but it sure doesn't feel like this ever really happens (unless they are losing $$ as a result... THEN it gets fixed ASAP).

And I know all too well that ranting here doesn't do squat for the most part... thus my low post count for being here since 09... but I figure that MAYBE, just MAYBE someone will finally get the idea that people are fed up in PWI with China's lack of concern for our version and try to do something about it.
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ We Got Free Stuff So Now We Riot ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry