Closing Client During Reflection

akutenshi2012
akutenshi2012 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Alright i looked online and tried to find the right answer to this.. but no one gave me a straight answer so if someone can i would appreciate it.

MY QUESTION :
If I am in the room Reflection to gain EXP while your AFK(away from computer) and i press the "X" button on my upper right hand side the game client (in window format) would i still get the EXP without having the PWI client visible on my display.

in other words

If i close the client during reflection time is on will i still get the EXP from it because when i close the client before it and tries to re-log to the same character it says "character is already online" so i have to "force log" meaning I am still online but someone told me that when u close the client you are not online so i don't get the EXP can someone help me UNDERSTAND this XD
Post edited by akutenshi2012 on

Comments

• uncleblademaster
    uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Simply put, the client needs to remain open in order to gain the xp, you also need the crystals. So, you gotta leave the game on all night in Reflection. You can't close the game lol

(Reason i don't use Reflection, i can't leave mine on all night)
  • akutenshi2012
    edited September 2012
    Simply put, the client needs to remain open in order to gain the xp, you also need the crystals. So, you gotta leave the game on all night in Reflection. You can't close the game lol

Yea That sucks.. its no point to it grrr i can only minimize it but it says your "online" when u close it so im confused are u offline when u close it or are u online if it ment that ur offline when u close it then why do u have to "force log" if your offline you see what im saying? LOL which is it you know are u really online while u close the client not exit it by the "options " menuu in the game but close it from the "X" in the upper right hand side?
  • Karmosin - Sanctuary
    Karmosin - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i'm not very computer literate, and i'm also very sleepy, but if you're running win7 and close down the game client in window mode with the upper right "x", it will not close out, it will be running as a background program.
    You can reopen it by finding it down at your lower right hand corner where the antivirus icon might be hiding or other background running programs. Just simply click on the icon for pwi there
  • akutenshi2012
    edited September 2012
    i'm not very computer literate, and i'm also very sleepy, but if you're running win7 and close down the game client in window mode with the upper right "x", it will not close out, it will be running as a background program.
    You can reopen it by finding it down at your lower right hand corner where the antivirus icon might be hiding or other background running programs. Just simply click on the icon for pwi there

smart women YESSSS gotta love them.. lol now u saved me and a lot of others that wanted to know this *hugs* thanks so much and if ur a guy still man UR AWESOME.. ima shut this PWI client OFF woooop
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    its simple: When hidden to the system tray, the game process runs with different procedures which somehow causes it to crash and windows automatically trashes it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can. I do that when I leave a char in there but keep another window open but for some reason gotta tab back in out often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This reflection thing only makes people worldwide waste their electricity to keep on PCs...
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    its simple: When hidden to the system tray, the game process runs with different procedures which somehow causes it to crash and windows automatically trashes it.

I have to say I've had my client hidden in the system tray tons of times, and have never had this issue b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nope

Game has too be active for you too get the XP build up...

But so long as the game is running on your computer, you can minimize it on your Windows tabbs & then do whatever you want like go make dinner, go too sleep or just wonder around the world wide web on Internet Explorer, etc.

And it would give you your reflection xp over time, so long as you kept your client on & running....b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Yea sometime by mistake i click on the ''x'' and that close the windom, but not the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ShadowKnigh - Lost City
    ShadowKnigh - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Alright i looked online and tried to find the right answer to this.. but no one gave me a straight answer so if someone can i would appreciate it.

MY QUESTION :
    If I am in the room Reflection to gain EXP while your AFK(away from computer) and i press the "X" button on my upper right hand side the game client (in window format) would i still get the EXP without having the PWI client visible on my display.

in other words

If i close the client during reflection time is on will i still get the EXP from it because when i close the client before it and tries to re-log to the same character it says "character is already online" so i have to "force log" meaning I am still online but someone told me that when u close the client you are not online so i don't get the EXP can someone help me UNDERSTAND this XD

When you press X it doesn't actually close your client, it just minimizes it... After pressing X go to the bottom right hand corner of your screen and you'll see client icon... if you click it it will restore the client to regular size. Only way to close the client completely is to go to the setting and press "exit to desktop."
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2015

When you press X it doesn't actually close your client, it just minimizes it... After pressing X go to the bottom right hand corner of your screen and you'll see client icon... if you click it it will restore the client to regular size. Only way to close the client completely is to go to the setting and press "exit to desktop."
    This looks like a NECRO!

ShadowKnigh - Lost City replied to a message that was 2 years 6 months 29 days 22 hours 40 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This time I haiku.
    Making up for last closed thread.
    Kill this zombie gud.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    b:thanks
    (Insert fancy image here)