Primal Skill Preferences - An Update

eirghan
eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Seeker
I was wondering if there is any update on seekers preferences about the primal skills now that time has passed? Particularly the stances? How do you feel about your skills? Which ones did you get? Do you like them? Would you change your choice now that you've lived with your primals for awhile?

Interested to hear how different styles of play have progressed from these skill changes as well b:cute
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im still pretty happy about having all stance turned primal, lot more easy to put the debuff you want on a target or the cc. ive not turne dprimal my shatters and never will, the psya nd wizzy ik love the burst from soul shatter too much
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have learned all of them but Glowing blade. I have the book but just have not learned it yet. My thinking is that it's better to use the Duelist's Glee stance as it doesn't appear to affect the other statuses like Soulsever and Parchedblade would. This makes it so any of your attacks would mark the Disarm Status.

I did learn Chaos Blade and I've been very happy with it. Yes you do loose the potential to help wizards and psychics do a lot of damage on bosses. However you do gain the ability to spam it more frequently and faster. You could use Blade Affinity to get them off faster but I would rather have that for use with other skills.

I took my time learning them as I wasn't sure about them at first, but now am pretty happy with them.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    belnor wrote: »
    I have learned all of them but Glowing blade. I have the book but just have not learned it yet. My thinking is that it's better to use the Duelist's Glee stance as it doesn't appear to affect the other statuses like Soulsever and Parchedblade would. This makes it so any of your attacks would mark the Disarm Status.

I did learn Chaos Blade and I've been very happy with it. Yes you do loose the potential to help wizards and psychics do a lot of damage on bosses. However you do gain the ability to spam it more frequently and faster. You could use Blade Affinity to get them off faster but I would rather have that for use with other skills.

I took my time learning them as I wasn't sure about them at first, but now am pretty happy with them.

duelist glee can actually affect status like soulsever or parched
    the 20% proc on it just make it seem less often
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Ravensfeill - Archosaur
    Ravensfeill - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was leery about getting the primal skills as quite a few didn't seem to help seeker much, losing aoe procing, losing massive damage with old soul server, losing even stance marking with gravel missing to many of my friend was raged about gravel, so I waited some months before I got anything sac +qpp are great skills esocially since I switch 12 pieces of gears with spare.josd equipment I have I switch between josd g16 and deity r999. even in pvp I can still full switch and debuff an switch back while debuff still on to debuff and amp my atck levels higher . I use old parchblade dance and old soul sever windblade and glow, glow is a low chance Yes but I'm when I fight I'm using parch to lock glow is a slight bonus (glow skill works once ever few days) windblade at first was excited about this skill then I realized it seriously dosnt proc, Yes more than glow bit let's say outta a days worth of pvp pve I seen it proc like 30 times in 8 hours, to the point it's even more frustrating and I'm considering resetting my skills and learning all again I even tested the skill for days stanceless when I got a chance, to not much more avail so I been still sitting and thinking about that skill because seeker, skills comparable to generally any other class is nerfed since seeker skills are almost easily telegraph as soon as a stance is applied, chaos blade it's Also a terrible skill for those saying Oh u save time consider this the old shatters allow bosses nearly to be insta killed with mages new skill saved time bit alow u to have to deal that damage over 10 min, I mean who wants to fight a boss for 10 min? Lol the only reason as of today I got that skill was a fac t nobody mentions u gain 25 Chi per cast, per 15 sec plus sage skill 50 plus armed neir 15 plus adrenal 10 plus unfetter 10 blade aff. =120 chi considering blade is still running u can pop at least 3 skills more for 30 Chi more, I was doing my usually method of making coin in game to test my new skill I gotta say for the one thing Also seekers lack is Chi gain, sure u can use your genie but in pve id rather drop tangleing mire ep frenzy 3 spark def level and atck debuff angels and dd way stronger the chi gain is a welcome addition to my arsenal people may want cosinder that skill can be casted at players for chi gain faster than spamming skills to gain the same effect so pvp it has application just to gain enough Chi to spark block stuff, considering seekers dont really have definate anti cc skills or many definate cc skills themselves that chi can help for sparks to ward off stonger combos
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    duelist glee can actually affect status like soulsever or parched
    the 20% proc on it just make it seem less often

That's good to know Ebrithalia. It doesn't seem like it's been that much of a problem. Would you say it's worth going ahead with Glowing Blade?

@Ravensfeill you know it's fun to fight you in NW, but please don't make me have to fight to read what you're trying to say. A little better layout and separation of your thoughts would greatly be appreciated. b:thanks

Yes I don't recommend fighting a boss for 10 minutes but even with Chaos Blade I've seen wizards take huge chunks out of a boss. I think it is helpful though being able to spam the skill more often and not have to waste using Blade Affinity to get them out there quickly.