Worth/possible coming back?

Options
Dragoneast - Sanctuary
Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
So I left PWI about 3 years ago (I think), made a 2 day return after the whole resetting your char to 0 once you were 101 patch came) But thinking about it now as well as it's still the very first MMO I played. Tho is it still possible to catch? And is it just doing all the same quests AGAIN but with slightly more skill points? The last time I played serious was when Nirvana was spammed during x2 weeks. Oh the fun <3
Then it stopped working for some reason and I saw a lot of QQ posts about how this new capture the flag pop thing was the new endgame, making any and all PvE completely obsolete (their words, in like every 9 out of 10 posts I read about this). Asking because I'm from EU and I don't think the EU servers are very popular, nor am I inclined to start from scratch without the items I collected on my Barb.

So is there any PvE endgame progression atm? Is it worth coming back?
I do not need much,
I do not have much,
I do not miss much,
I have love and friendship,
To compensate for that!
Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
Started in genie patch :)
Post edited by Dragoneast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you're not interested in PvP, then it's possible to enjoy the game as it is. I'm saying this because of how much you need to do nowadays to catch up and keep up with gear & other upgrades, not necessarily to be "endgame" but to, at least, enjoy PvP. It's possible, but takes time and/or money.

PvE wise, I think the game can still be fun. The Primal World and Reawakening bring quite a bunch of new stuff for someone you hasn't tried them out yet. Re-leveling doesn't take long unless one is lazy, there's a few new quest chains that are fun (at least they were for me), the Primal World to explore, new upgrades for your character (skills, passives, War Avatar cards, Nuema) and a couple of new instances to try out. The bad thing is that a lot of these are dailies, but we have a point system so you can do certain dailies > get points > auto-complete other dailies.

There are also two new classes if you want to start anew. Are they fun? Well, I tried them out, and I enjoyed both of them. Not enough to make them a new main, but depends on each individual.

Another good thing is that we get codes for things like event gold, charms, War Avatar packs, Hyper stones etc. which are all useful. How frequently do we get them? Well, it kind of depends. We used to get one per week, but apparently there was some abuse issue or something. We still get them though.

Ways to make money? If you don't care about PvP that will require you to seriously merchant, farm (or CS) then you can get by in PvE just fine. Do a quick search on the forums on how to make coin.

EU servers were merged into one: Morai. I used to play there for a while and it was pretty active. I'm not sure how it is nowadays since I stopped logging there, but it should be active enough.

The bad things about the game is that, as usual, PWE doesn't manage the game well. There's a lack of support, lack of communication and a lot of times updates/fixes take a while to come (this is partially PWCN's fault as PWE isn't allowed to tweak the game besides text fixes). Once you go through all the new stuff, you might get bored.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone at this point. We got some good stuff, we got some bad stuff. You'll need to see for yourself if you want to come back.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Venficuss - Heavens Tear
    Venficuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    depends if you only here for pve wise pwi is still nice with jolly and when 100 ra fsp you can make some coins dq is worthless now so when you in lvl range do advanced cudbe for cog is also a way to make coin or merchant otherwise you need to cs pwi is aiming for mostly cs players understandable because they keep game running but if you cant cs or have a lvl 100 farm toon pwi is hard like i did say pwi is pve wise stil nice s3 is more then enough for pve but pvp wise s3 you are 1 shot for al endgame players so you have to decide if pwi is still worth you effort
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    you just gotta get a decent server with as less arseholes as possible lol b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I left the game about 4 years ago, as I didn't have money to charge zen and therefore was too broke to be able to enjoy a game that was becoming increasingly discriminatory over one's class/gear. Everything was about 5aps r9, +10, and buying FCC to do any decent amount of leveling. I also was distraught by how awful the game was being run. Bugged patches being released(censorship fiasco), **** over players to combat exploits(nerfing FCC exp because of Goonz) and seemingly doing everything possible to make it more and more difficult to farm without charging(superbuffed TT bosses, Lunar BH costing 3m coin)

I came back at the beginning of the month, and I must say, I've been somewhat impressed. I don't feel so isolated due to my inability to have the best of the best gear, and people seem much less uptight about it. TT seems to have lost it's ridiculous superbuffs, and the BH100 is actually doable. FCC and 5aps is no longer everything, and one big plus to me, .ini character edits are now allowed. Untamed class got some sweet upgrades, Morai adds some new flavor, and leveling seems to have been made more casual-friendly with more quest-related exp, high-level dailies, and the occasional promotion giving out free fruits/scrolls. There is a botting system that can be useful in some grinding situations, and Reflection lets you gain a bit of exp and spirit while afk.

So far, I'm actually enjoying this game as I did when I first started. Therefore, I would suggest you give the game another chance and see how you feel about all the changes.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hiiiiiiii my old friiieend! b:victory
    If you come back you have a lot to catch up with and learn. I literally mean a lot...
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • meranya
    meranya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    PvE wise, this game is doing fine.
    On the endgame dungeons especially, there are a lot of challenges to be experienced. Even if they can get tedious after a while, just like any daily... If you are with a fun group or faction, no run is ever the same and there will be plenty of entertaining moments!

Good PvE gear is very obtainable if you got the time and dedication, you don't have to be entirely tops since whatever keeps you alive against mobs and bosses is good. From the very underestimated Morai G15 to Lunar/Twilight G15 or G16.
    Whoever says you need +12 refined r999 with crazy stones to compete in PvE is just trying to scare you, not to say troll, because that kind of gear is only really necessary in PvP.

Yes, from a PvP standpoint, coming back to this game without the time or funds to invest in a monster toon is likely to set you up for frustration. There is no way to be elite in that area if you don't become part of the beast pack, even with Nuema portals and cards. They do help, but won't make you on the same page with them.

I'm not sure where you read the entire capture the flag thing being all there is to endgame and making all other PvE content obsolete, since the flag is something partaking to Nation Wars, a PvP event.
    The difference is that you get points there even for failing (dying a lot) which can turn into tokens, which in turn can be made into items for valuable sources of income, gear parts or just sold for profit. NW combined with Jollies and regular grinding shenanigans will give you enough coin to get by.

This is where I feel the need to mention from a personal standpoint that if you are in Europe and choose to play on an US server, you will suffer. A lot.
    NW there would be at a super early time in the morning for you, compared to late evening in the right server. Waking up at 5 AM for a game just to keep afloat and be able to buy the stuff you need might just make you question your sanity, if you're like me. I've been there, done that, can't say it's worth throwing your rest out the window for. Can think of way better things to do in the morning if you are to get up early.

The timezone difference will also make Faction activities and friends difficult to keep up with and again, speaking from personal experience, you simply need a good Faction and active friends to play with. This game is nothing without friends to help you, share the fun and simply goof around with.

Unfortunately, much of the newest content is stranger to me as I had to take a break myself now from lack of free time. The new classes are very fun if you want to try them out, I'm one of those people who completely switched mains simply because they found the new ones more interesting. So I'm biased there. b:surrender

All in all, for PvE only, yes it is worth coming back. A lot of things have been made easier, there's new content, the playerbase is very awesome too, ruling out the negative.

The catch is just this; don't play alone.
    I've been in one of the best factions on my server and got to see for myself the level 100+ stuffies, wouldn't trade those memories for anything. If you find a good group you will likely feel the same way.

If not, well, there are plenty of games out there to choose from, but I do recommend trying this one out again. It might surprise you with things you don't even get to glimpse on the Forums.
    "There are two things you cannot always reason with in this world - your own mind and the minds of other people. But you can try."