Bramble Guard.

Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Venomancer
I feel like there is a large misconception about what bramble does. The only class that can legitimately not have bramble is mystics because of the lucky break skill, bramble can and will waste ur garunteed crit in that case. however the things i have heard magic classes say as to why they do not want bramble really makes me wonder...

If you are a melee tank and have been tanking a boss from the start of the battle, then yes bramble's dmg reflection will help you out keeping aggro. However if you're fighting a group of mobs and you're a mage that AOEs and happens to get aggro from all those mobs, you gotta understand that bramble is not doing more damage than you are; a barb or stronger person is still able to take aggro off you while you have bramble on in that case. You cannot say that was bramble's fault you got aggro or died.

Clerics, same thing. If you are healing and get aggro from some mobs because of heals, bramble's damage will not be more than the heal hate. So once more, a barb or stronger DD can take aggro off you.

Another line is 'bramble interupts me'... no. that is inaccurate. you have aquired the aggro on your own first and without bramble on the mob would attack you then anyway and the potential of being interrupted is already there. Bramble is not staticly doing damage around you attracting unwanted aggro. You had to get the mobs attention one way or another first.

You generate teh aggro in the first place! Bramble is intended for tanks with lower dmg than the DD's to just help out a bit. It is an offensive buff, but not this OP green hoolahoop of death people are imagining. 60-75% of damage dealt to you +weapon damage is in fact less than any damage ratio even your weakest skill has on any DD class. that is the acutal reason people would mainly only bramble the tanks, because its a special buff for them really. But that doesnt mean its a detriment on other classes and as strong as end game gear is --even just G16 in PVE is more than enough to put over the top-- I believe that bramble is completely acceptable on any class except mystic for the previously mentioned reason.

I see many veno (and even myself had this habit at one time) only bramble the melee classes. There is a good chance that the sin in aps gear is as squishy if not more squishy than the mages in the squad. Yet no sin has ever pm me when i join a squad 'don't brmable me'. and to reiterate once more, the bramble is not doing more damage than that aps sin could.

Someone made the arguement that what if you pull a mob by accident and you just want it to reset. well then holy path. even if bramble hits the mob, if u put enough distance, most mobs will reset. If you die because you pulled the attention of a mob you can't handle that is entirely on you. bramble didn't force you to walk into its sight range.

OK that is all the QQ about bramble for now. People to me jus seem to have a lack of understanding when it comes to this buff or blame the buff for dying when it was really their own actions that led to their fate. My rule with bramble now is, if you're OP, its OK!

And remember, Veno is Master-race: If you don't like our buff, maybe we will just eat all of yours b:cute
Post edited by Tsukishi - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• drcalgori87
    drcalgori87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    was hoping for something new, but again we all know how brambles work, seemed like a waste of 30sec to read this post, but thanks for the info, im sure it's been posted a few times.
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    was hoping for something new, but again we all know how brambles work, seemed like a waste of 30sec to read this post, but thanks for the info, im sure it's been posted a few times.

If someone feel the necessity to make a (new?) guide about bramble then maybe it's because it's needed. Don't offend someone who have lost much more than 30 seconds of life to write down all of this only for the preasure of strangers.

Can we stick this? I would love to smash it on the face of people who whine because I bramble them therefore I'm a noob.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • drcalgori87
    drcalgori87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well considering the op is from faction full of scam artist, i'll give credit, she wrote a good post, sadly this does not need to be stickied, as im sure there are many threads about bramble.
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    well considering the op is from faction full of scam artist, i'll give credit, she wrote a good post, sadly this does not need to be stickied, as im sure there are many threads about bramble.

Post from your main if you're going to level that kind of accusation at someone, otherwise there is no credit to your words; you are just another random forum troll.

There are no scammers in my faction, and you do not personally know me either, furthermore, such a matter is not even relevent to this topic.

I made this thread because i was getting annoyed about how little people seemed to know about bramble guard. I wasn't really interested in your personal opinion in the first place just sharing some information because yes, there are people new to the game who don't know this, and there are people that have been playing the game for a very long time and still do not know many aspects of it. You are foolish to assume that everyone is operating under the same amount of information and knowledge you may have. That is all i have to say to you so do not expect another reply, i have no intention of arguing with a nameless faceless person on a forum.

I've already wasted 30 seconds of my time replying to you b:cute
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The buff is ugly. That's the only reason I prefer not to have it, especially since I only play ranged chars.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You are right about mystics and their lucky break. It's a class I also do not bramble.

BMs can actually have a bit trouble too if they are brambled, there are some situations where they would be better without, such as places where they rely heavily on their jump skills, as in very big pulls where mobs freeze etc or PvP. Bramble can make them jumping the wrong way if someone hitting them with melee attacks, and can be the reason to some of their deaths.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Alice_Nyan - Dreamweaver
    Alice_Nyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like bramble for all my class but mystic b:surrender i don't mind if a veno brambles my cleric, just please don't do for my mystic lol

As a veno, I understand your point and thats why when i am playing my veno I don't bramble anyone, just the tank. (thats and because i am lazy, where is our aoe bramble?b:cry) So tired of people raging "QQ don't bramble me" so i just ignore everyone and do if someone asks me.
  • Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't know how legit this is, because I've never experienced it myself or ever heard of a similar situation, so I'd like to know if it was just some rubbish made up by one person or if it's actually a common problem.

I was running a weekly aba with a team mainly consisting of r9's. The leader and also tanker was a melee class - bm or seeker, cant remember which - and I didn't think anything of it and brambled the whole team like I usually do (r9's have NO excuse for not wanting bramble!). After the first pull the tank got very angry and told me never to bramble him, ever. I was like "ummm ok sure, but why not though?". He then said that the two of the other people in the team, a bm and sin, were his alts, and that bramble made his alts' multiclient windows pop up every time he got hit on his main character if he's brambled. I have never heard anyone else ever tell me that, and I know of a lot of people who bring several alts to instances where I have brambled the lot. Why would I have been expected to A) KNOW that this was an issue, and B) know that the other two were his alts in the first place?

Is there any truth to this statement or did he just hate bramble that much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think that has more to do with his computer being underpowered, causing the client to lag out and lose focus, than being brambled per se.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't know how legit this is, because I've never experienced it myself or ever heard of a similar situation, so I'd like to know if it was just some rubbish made up by one person or if it's actually a common problem.

I was running a weekly aba with a team mainly consisting of r9's. The leader and also tanker was a melee class - bm or seeker, cant remember which - and I didn't think anything of it and brambled the whole team like I usually do (r9's have NO excuse for not wanting bramble!). After the first pull the tank got very angry and told me never to bramble him, ever. I was like "ummm ok sure, but why not though?". He then said that the two of the other people in the team, a bm and sin, were his alts, and that bramble made his alts' multiclient windows pop up every time he got hit on his main character if he's brambled. I have never heard anyone else ever tell me that, and I know of a lot of people who bring several alts to instances where I have brambled the lot. Why would I have been expected to A) KNOW that this was an issue, and B) know that the other two were his alts in the first place?

Is there any truth to this statement or did he just hate bramble that much?

Blaming venos for everything is expected as they are generally evil and dangerously fluffy, but this really is taking the biscuit.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    lol ya, that completely sounds like an issue on his end. I mean if you're gona bring multiple alts you better have your **** together and a computer that can do it smoothly.

That reminds me of something, a few times barbs didn't want bramble when pulling because they said it made them turn to face an attack the mobs. which they claimed slowed them down a bit, or something like that. As i have little experince with melee classes i dont totally grasp the issue there. a simliar example was getting hit by adds at bosses and then the tank turns to hit the adds instead of the boss. I get that could be annoying maybe, but again i don't know the woes of being melee either.