Holy wow a lot to come back to

Bellarie - Raging Tide
Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
I gave up on this game a good 2-3 years ago. Between being a casual player and having no extra $$ for gold, I found the game less and less enjoyable, especially paired up with a feeling of isolation, it seemed as if everyone was an elitist/perfectionist, 5aps this and Nirvana that. I've checked back a few times but ultimately didn't return, and now here I am. The allowance of cosmetic .ini editing combined with all the updates to the Venomancer class have convinced me to try the game again. I also have a much better computer that should be able to run the game much better. I have some fond memories of this game as well, like being part of an awesome Veno-Mystic FCC run.

But now I'm feeling overwhelmed after just a little bit of time ingame. Meridian, War Avatar and Meditation, Title Event, Morai and Nation Wars are all new to me and seem really confusing. The glowy chest that I opened after an hour is also new.

Wall of text aside, I wanted to ask if anyone could link me to info about some of those features, and also, to anyone who remembers me, I'm back.
Post edited by Bellarie - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

entire part of the forum called beginners guide has stickied topics on :medirian, war avatars, and more

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

entire part of the forum called Quest Tips, has stickied topics on :reincarnation, title quests, morai, and more

wonder if there is an entire part of forum dedicated to new Dungeons and tactics too..hmm..
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wonder if there is an entire part of forum dedicated to new Dungeons and tactics too..hmm..

Mosz, seriously. The first bit of your post was helpful, but adding this line was completely unnecessary. Remember, everyone is not the master of the forums like you, so stop talking down to them. A lot of forum groups are ignored besides this one.

--
    Bellarie, if you have trouble getting money, make an alt. Jolly Jones will gives daily quests to people from level 21 (I think) until 80 that gives a lot of money.

Also, 5APS was nerfed, no one goes into Nirvana (figuratively), and while elitist types still exist (I can think of one above me); if you can find a good group, this is all irrelevant.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Join a good non elitist type faction that has a more family atmosphere. Those types of factions tend to be quite a bit more helpful, or have websites that have plenty of walkthroughs, info on what's old and new that helps new or returning players b:pleased
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    Mosz, seriously. The first bit of your post was helpful, but adding this line was completely unnecessary. Remember, everyone is not the master of the forums like you, so stop talking down to them. A lot of forum groups are ignored besides this one.

go away forum troll, you have to comment every time i say something, even when im 100% correct

your comment is much more unnecessary than mine

"master of forums" , by looking at the names of subforums thats literally on the first page of the forums? this does even require using the search function, its basically reading the index of a book, thats something learned in the second grade

freaking forum trolls, good job.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

entire part of the forum called beginners guide has stickied topics on :medirian, war avatars, and more

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

entire part of the forum called Quest Tips, has stickied topics on :reincarnation, title quests, morai, and more

Thank you for the links.

--
    Bellarie, if you still have trouble getting money, make an alt. Jolly Jones will gives daily quests to people from level 21 (I think) until 80 that gives a lot of money.

Also, 5APS was nerfed, no one goes into Nirvana (figuratively), and while elitist types still exist (I can think of one above me); if you can find a good group, this is all irrelevant.

Thank you for the help. These forums have always given me a bit of confusion when it comes to finding things, even back when I played this game before. I figured posting here would at least give me a starting point. I do have 2 alts, though I may delete my low lvl sin now that 5aps is no longer all the rave.
    Things had gotten to the point back then where I was stuck growth-wise, as I need to do some high-end content like TT Null and Delta. Is it still pretty much impossible to get into a Delta or TT 2-3+, if I am not lvl 100?
    Join a good non elitist type faction that has a more family atmosphere. Those types of factions tend to be quite a bit more helpful, or have websites that have plenty of walkthroughs, info on what's old and new that helps new or returning players b:pleased

Thank you for the reply, I'll look around and check some out.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just to give you some perspective: A lot of todays end game players can solo rebirth delta without taking a sweat. There's even a player selling Rebirth service on LC. Even I can solo most of HH2-3, and I'm a wizard. That stuff is not endgame content anymore.

Also even tho frost is dead, leveling to 100 is not that hard anymore, since they really upped the experience you get from quests. To play the real endgame content you will have to level to 100 two more times on your veno (it's not that bad, you are getting 4x experience for everything the first time and 3.5x the second time). Don't let the new content discourage you, you will figure it out quickly. I came back in december myself and I was mostly bugging some ingame people I knew back from the time I quit.

Edit: Make sure to grab the hidden dailies 80+. There should be a thread on them somewhere.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    go away forum troll, you have to comment every time i say something, even when im 100% correct

your comment is much more unnecessary than mine

"master of forums" , by looking at the names of subforums thats literally on the first page of the forums? this does even require using the search function, its basically reading the index of a book, thats something learned in the second grade

freaking forum trolls, good job.

The pot calling the kettle black. Chill on your rampant elitism and I'd stop writing comments like that. Notice how low my post count is. I'm not a huge forum poster. I just got sick of your elitist messages and will proceed to attack you on every post you make like that from now until eternity if you keep writing elitist messages.
    Thank you for the help. These forums have always given me a bit of confusion when it comes to finding things, even back when I played this game before. I figured posting here would at least give me a starting point. I do have 2 alts, though I may delete my low lvl sin now that 5aps is no longer all the rave.
    Things had gotten to the point back then where I was stuck growth-wise, as I need to do some high-end content like TT Null and Delta. Is it still pretty much impossible to get into a Delta or TT 2-3+, if I am not lvl 100?

Hmm, I was never into doing deltas, so I couldn't say. As far as high-end TT, I don't know if it's worth it. There are so many people (at least on Heaven's Tear) that run the high end TT (solo might I add) that it actually seems like more of a waste of time to try running them, than to just buy the stuff.

However, once again, if you do find a quality faction, that's really the best route.

As for leveling, if you're level 80-99, there are a few new dailies that help a lot. There are also series quests now, which basically, after you complete one task, you're sent off to do another. When you hit level 95, Moroi provides a very long series of quests that will send you straight to 99. In Moroi you can also farm for level 101 armor that is somewhat comparable with TT99 stuff. That's really all I can say, as I only came back semi-recently.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    The pot calling the kettle black. Chill on your rampant elitism and I'd stop writing comments like that. Notice how low my post count is. I'm not a huge forum poster. I just got sick of your elitist messages and will proceed to attack you on every post you make like that from now until eternity if you keep writing elitist messages.

thank you for admitting to forum harassment, *pages a mod*
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    thank you for admitting to forum harassment, *pages a mod*

Replace the word, "harassment," with, "discipline." If no one else is willing to point out that you act the way you do, I will and I won't stop, because I'm more tenacious than you could ever believe. Also, you should know by now that mods are just a myth.

--

People also do PV nowadays instead of frost. I was never into doing frost and haven't bothered to do PV yet, but people say it's pretty much as good. There's also a lot Arc codes that can give you stuff that can help. For instance, recently, they gave a total of 10 Profundity Scroll I, which is 2 million exp for free.
    Edit: Make sure to grab the hidden dailies 80+. There should be a thread on them somewhere.

I think this is the list.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1737131

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    Just to give you some perspective: A lot of todays end game players can solo rebirth delta without taking a sweat. There's even a player selling Rebirth service on LC. Even I can solo most of HH2-3, and I'm a wizard. That stuff is not endgame content anymore.

Also even tho frost is dead, leveling to 100 is not that hard anymore, since they really upped the experience you get from quests. To play the real endgame content you will have to level to 100 two more times on your veno (it's not that bad, you are getting 4x experience for everything the first time and 3.5x the second time). Don't let the new content discourage you, you will figure it out quickly. I came back in december myself and I was mostly bugging some ingame people I knew back from the time I quit.

Thank you for the input. I'm surprised all of those things can be solo'd now, last time I was playing this game they were considered OP hard and it was difficult to get a party if you weren't 5aps/cleric/barb.

I'm not sure what you mean about leveling to 100 two more times, was some sort of "rebirthing" implemented?
    Hmm, I was never into doing deltas, so I couldn't say. As far as high-end TT, I don't know if it's worth it. There are so many people (at least on Heaven's Tear) that run the high end TT (solo might I add) that it actually seems like more of a waste of time to try running them, than to just buy the stuff.

However, once again, if you do find a quality faction, that's really the best route.

As for leveling, if you're level 80-99, there are a few new dailies that help a lot. There are also series quests now, which basically, after you complete one task, you're sent off to do another. When you hit level 95, Moroi provides a very long series of quests that will send you straight to 99. In Moroi you can also farm for level 101 armor that is somewhat comparable with TT99 stuff. That's really all I can say, as I only came back semi-recently.

I just need Delta for the quests involved. IIRC, the quest chain involving time travel into the past.
    It's looking like it will likely just be better to get to 100 then solo as much as I can. I do have a Baby Hercules and a few other lvl 85+ pets to help. And thank you again for the input.

People also do PV nowadays instead of frost. I was never into doing frost and haven't bothered to do PV yet, but people say it's pretty much as good. There's also a lot Arc codes that can give you stuff that can help. For instance, recently, they gave a total of 10 Profundity Scroll I, which is 2 million exp for free.

I think this is the list.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1737131

Thank you for the input and link. How do I use Arc codes? I'm completely new to this "Arc Games" business.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    Thank you for the input and link. How do I use Arc codes? I'm completely new to this "Arc Games" business.

LMGTFY "how to redeem an arc code" http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3031733-arc-how-to#Redemption
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure what you mean about leveling to 100 two more times, was some sort of "rebirthing" implemented?

Yes. Once level 100 you can go back to level 1 again. You need rebirthing to enter Primal World, which is a special map were a lot of the endgame content comes from. You also get some extra stat points from reawakening. You can carry your endgame gear (as long as you meet the stat requirement) after rebirthing which makes you somewhat op and able to solo your BHs usually, depending on the gear you have ofc. Nation Wars have caused the prices of raps and cannies to plummet, which means you can get Nirvana gear a lot easier than when you quit (On LC, Raptures are about 60k-70k while cannies are around 10k-15k each). All those changes made PvE easier imo, but the requirement to take part in endgame PvP/TW is quit a bit higher than it was. The new "Spirit" stat you get from War Avatar cards and the dailies in Primal World is really important, you should look into it.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I gave up on this game a good 2-3 years ago. Between being a casual player and having no extra $$ for gold, I found the game less and less enjoyable, especially paired up with a feeling of isolation, it seemed as if everyone was an elitist/perfectionist, 5aps this and Nirvana that. I've checked back a few times but ultimately didn't return, and now here I am. The allowance of cosmetic .ini editing combined with all the updates to the Venomancer class have convinced me to try the game again. I also have a much better computer that should be able to run the game much better. I have some fond memories of this game as well, like being part of an awesome Veno-Mystic FCC run.

But now I'm feeling overwhelmed after just a little bit of time ingame. Meridian, War Avatar and Meditation, Title Event, Morai and Nation Wars are all new to me and seem really confusing. The glowy chest that I opened after an hour is also new.

Wall of text aside, I wanted to ask if anyone could link me to info about some of those features, and also, to anyone who remembers me, I'm back.

I just wanted to say Welcome Back, your name is somewhat familiar. I also wanted to say...after being gone for so long, your signature still hits the nail on the head. b:victory
    ln5aR6B.jpg