Need some TT2-3 advice

cornmaiden
cornmaiden Posts: 20 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Venomancer
I'm thinking of trying to solo some 2-3's to gear up some nab alts.

My main target is Astralwalker for the Astral stones (Too jewish to buy mats for an alt).

I know for 100% I have to kill Fataliqua and the Doggy atleast to get to Astralwalker. Do I need to kill Wurlord too or can I just run past him too? Anyone else I MUST kill too?

I also need some general tips on Astralwalker. Am I able to just stand on the chains and have herc tank him w/out having to worry about the adds? Will they be able to shoot me while I'm far back on the chains/give me any other problems? I assume because of heal agro they will atleast try to go for me, will they constant reset (So long as I don't use any AoE agro skills)?

Please note, I haven't actually tried Astralwalker yet (atleast not soloing by myself). I have no problem killing wurlord or any of the others, just want to know who I can skip and who I must kill. Also basic strategy and tips for Astralwalker.

Thank you very much for reading and any advice given. Have a great day.
Post edited by cornmaiden on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You can skip Wurlord, Feng and Cosmo, so no, there aren't any other bosses you have to kill to spawn Astral besides Fataliqua and Soulripper.

My current strategy on Astralwalker is to take all aggro on my celestial giant, using a combination of Gold Armor Deity and Primal Howl. You'll have to experiment and see if your herc is tanky enough (and your heals strong enough) to do that.

If you want to try Ancient Evil, I usually get a faction mate to kill the adds while my giant tanks the boss. I stay in foxform to maximize pdef (his AOE is physical). You should position yourself so you're outside the AOE area when your herc is targeted, but be aware that he will attack you, or anyone else that attacks him, from time to time, so you have to be tanky enough to survive that. If you are doing it solo, then pull and kill the adds individually after they spawn (you can run to the portal in the center to reset the boss after add spawn) before re-engaging the boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For Astral walker you CAN stand back on the edge and have herc tank the middle, but the best strategy is to watch Astralwalker on the platform before you teleport to his island and wait until he is as far to an edge as possible.

This is because once he has been aggroed he does not move from his current spot. The closest to one edge you can get him, the less adds you will aggro. Move quick once he is in position and teleport to his island. Use feral concentration and aggro while herc gets into position if you must. You only have a few seconds to get him before he moves again. You can also teleport when he is to the side and hide on an edge until he finds another location on the edge again if you miss your chance.

The reason this might be wise to squeeze up to an edge even with a herc tanking is because the island is quite small and anything standing in the middle will aggro ALL of the adds (at least in the right place) which might be troublesome for your herc no matter how OP he is. The less things beating on him the less you have to heal him, the more you can debuff/DD Astral while your herc focuses on tanking.

You must do Fataliqua, Souldoggy dude and Wurlord all because they generate teleports upon death. You can skip the weird feng Horse guy after Wurlord and the giant Ape guy after him if I remember correctly. Anyone feel free to chime in and correct me though its been awhile since I did 2-3 b:cute
  • cornmaiden
    cornmaiden Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you very much for the reply, I'll give it a go!
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2015

If your pet isn't evolved:
    Don't buff herc with bramble and don't use its aoe skills

Usual scheme:
    Wait till Astralwalker comes to the one of the chains
    Tp to his platform, summon pet
    Send herc to Astralwalker
    Run to the chain where astralwalker stands
    Will they be able to shoot me while I'm far back on the chains/give me any other problems?
    Order pet to come to you, don't unsummon, just make Astralwalker turn to the chain
    Attack boss with pet again
    Start climbing the chain while healing the pet
    Climb as high as you can, you will be far enough and safe from boss's summons agro but close enough to be able to heal your pet
    When summons appear they agro at you because of heals but can't reach you and give up, attack herc, agro at your heals and so on

Evolved pet is able to tank all mobs though
    If you have good gear you can aoe everything not caring about mobs :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You must do Fataliqua, Souldoggy dude and Wurlord all because they generate teleports upon death.

No, you can skip Wurlord as well. There's no door around the portal behind him, except in 2-1 where it's impossible to go through the portal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga