Marking with 2 Seekers in squad

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Seeker
If there are 2 seekers in a squad, and one marks a boss/ mob with any stance can the other seeker activate it by using the required skill? or an only you activate your markings? As in if I were to mark a mob with northern sky waltz for example, if another seeker uses staggering strike will the effect take place?

Thanks! b:thanks
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In general, yes, though I have heard of exceptions based on skill level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Thanks. I was wondering because I was in a squad with another seeker and we both had northern sky waltz on for mobs and for some reason it was never activating, and I figured it was because we were both overwriting the others marks before they could be activated

• Yajirushi - Raging Tide
    Yajirushi - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It does matter what boss it is, however. Some bosses, statuses do not effect. The status will show on the boss but when activated with the right skill, there is no effect and the status goes away. Our debuffs also do not work at times.
    Examples:

When I use stances and statuses in Warsong, they do not tend to activate. I now have Primal skills so I try to activate the one with Gemini Slash as often as I can to lower attack and defense. But it rarely works.

Or in Flowsilver Palace, with the kings, our debuffs will not activate (my psychic friend wanted SS and it wouldn't activate).
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    I guess them not working on some bosses makes sense, but when they were never activating on mobs (this was in Brim) I was surprised, and guessed that maybe we were overwriting each others markings before they were activated

• Yajirushi - Raging Tide
    Yajirushi - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not sure about mobs, I've never noticed. I know stances work on the Head in Warsong (stuns are awesome). It's best to test and see, but yes, some do work and do not.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As in if I were to mark a mob with northern sky waltz for example, if another seeker uses staggering strike will the effect take place?

No, if you apply sky waltz level 10 on a mob and the other seeker uses staggering level 11 (sage/demon), he cannot trigger your debuff. Same thing happens if you are the one trying to trigger his sky waltz level 11.

Even if you have sage waltz and the other seeker has demon waltz, you cannot trigger each other debuff with staggering strike.

It is all about your cultivation.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If there are 2 seekers in a squad, and one marks a boss/ mob with any stance can the other seeker activate it by using the required skill? or an only you activate your markings? As in if I were to mark a mob with northern sky waltz for example, if another seeker uses staggering strike will the effect take place?

Thanks! b:thanks
    No, if you apply sky waltz level 10 on a mob and the other seeker uses staggering level 11 (sage/demon), he cannot trigger your debuff. Same thing happens if you are the one trying to trigger his sky waltz level 11.

Even if you have sage waltz and the other seeker has demon waltz, you cannot trigger each other debuff with staggering strike.

It is all about your cultivation.

Which is what I meant by:
    In general, yes, though I have heard of exceptions based on skill level.

(I don't play seeker enough to remember the details.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga