Best inherited stats on Nix for pure AA Veno

supportchuk
supportchuk Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Venomancer
So I'm a pure Arcane veno with every spare stat thrown into Mag and I was wondering, what's a better inheritance roll for my DD pet : the evolved nix?

For clarification , my veno has
  • 1514 - 1783 Phys Atck
  • 9386 - 14885 Mag Atck
  • 15336 Soulforce
  • 90 Atck Level

My Nix's inherited stats are
  • 70/75 Atck
  • 56/90 Attack Level

Additionally, it has the Mind Lvl 1 skill that increases its attack/defense level by 2

So strictly DD wise, would my nix deal more damage if it had a higher Attack Level instead of high attack? Is it based on phys attack of your character or is it also influenced by magic attack? Anyone experimented enough with the inheritance system to answer my question? b:victory
Post edited by supportchuk on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Attack inheritance is based on magic attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Whenever high attack or attack level makes your pets DD higher is depend on who you're attacking.
    The pets attack is based on magic attack, so using physical attack rings wont help you in damage. It doesnt matter if you're magic build or vit build (damage wise for pet). The pet benefits from your weapon and its refine, the sapphire shards in it, +magic attack engraves, lvling destroyer/battle nuema and cards, titles, nuema etc. but not magic
    Correct me if I'm wrong in this.

Also notice it's the moment you summon the pet that counts. Forexample I use O'Malley and a +24 Def Lv weapon when I summon my monkey for PvP, and switching back to my main weapon afterwards, because I care about my monkeys defense and not its attack+attack lv. But when I summon my nix, I use Jones and my r9.3 weapon.
    If you want additional boost in your pets attack level you can use the genie skill Frenzy while summoning which increases attack level by 20.

I'm a pure magic veno as well, and I've also been focusing on my nixs offensive stats

My nix have
    74/75 Atk
    65/90 Atk Lv
    I have the mood Valiant with Mind Lv3 which increases Atk+Def Lv by 6
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • supportchuk
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for the replies :)

I added the frenzy skill to my genie and will test out the Atk Lvl summoning theory. Still trying to roll a better mood on Kira. He has Bright now with Wraithslayer Lv3 (+20% Dmg on skills on monsters). I'm also hoping for a roll with a high lvl Mind but no luck so far...
  • supportchuk
    edited February 2015
    I rolled another mood today and got righteous as mood, with both skills lvl 3 (Demon hunting = Slaying lvl + 9 and Wraithslayer Lv 3 again). I was thinking... Would the nix have a higher DPS if I replaced pounce with bash? The bash would benefit from the 20% bonus of wraithslayer and only has a 8 second cooldown. Then again, pounce remains a useful legendary skill and the stun and attack rate increase is very useful. Or maybe there are other useful skills.

I only do PvP during NW, once every 2 weeks but I often do PvE (BH, WS and other dungeon raids). So I'm mainly looking for single target PvE damage maximization.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If I were to get a nix on my 2nd veno, I would aim for valiant mood again. I originally got the mood for pvp purposes, but I love it in pve as well. Mind is nice, but the perma antistun is just the best. He's just ignoring stuns, freeze and sleep debuffs, and I've found it to be the best buff a nix can have. Maybe it's just me, but I really recommend a mood with antistun for nix.

I suppose replacing pounce with bash would make the DD better if you're planning to keep that mood, and having another attack skill on 4th slot. That just a lot of clicking around to keep DD up and skills to be on cooldown all time. Personally I wouldn't like it as being lazy. I'm more for the increased aps on bosses and stuns on mobs lol
    Of course your nix could do a little damage on non-aps bosses if you go that route, but then again i would maybe rather save up for a harpy for such purpose, no matter cost.

where do you use your nix / where you want to use it?
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • supportchuk
    edited February 2015

where do you use your nix / where you want to use it?

Mostly in WS, TT and other squad instances where I don't really need to tank (cause another person takes aggro). If I have to tank I pop my Herc which has a pretty deffensive inheritance roll.

But for example, if I solo fire pav, It goes better with my nix as it kills the mob faster than the herc and doesn't die from the mob self-destructs.

Also, I tried the frenzy trick and it seems to work well, are there other buffs or tricks like that you can use during pet summoning to make it better?